• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Hunter S.

Yeah, don't want to get my hopes up too high. Have to wait to see the MRI to determine the damage. Hopefully he can just brace up and play.

The good part is that the weakest link of the defense is not the dline. It's the secondary. Champ looked good today in limited snaps, had very good speed, so that's promising.

We will get Wolfe back soon, hopefully Moore, and the secondary will quickly shore up. The problem will then be what the hell they are doing with Lenon and Woodyard. Lenon is crap, but he keeps coming in and starting. So either they are resting Woodyard or they think (wrongful in my mind) that Lenon is better than Woodyard. It will be interesting, but they have a couple of weeks to get healthy and prepared. Hopefully they get it together.

Yeah, I agree that if Von is seriously inured that the secondary still remains the biggest concern by far. The team had more sacks when Von was gone this year then they had when he was there last year. It would not be the worst thing.

I am personally happy Webster is not healthy as long as the rest of the cornerbacks can play. He gave up so many great plays and was the obvious target for opponents the whole time he started.

I liked Woodyard last year. I do not know what they are thinking too as I thought he was the defenses Captain?

Godslay

Banned
Without the front four. They don't have the same guys on the defensive line.

Broncos did just fine without Miller, at the beginning of the year. Sucks to lose him, but he's not the problem with the defense.

Besides the old addage of defense winning championships is no longer a stone cold fact. It certainly helps, but the QB is the cornerstone. It just has to be good enough, as it was with the Ravens last year.

Superbowls. Brady hasn't won any Superbowls against the Mannings since spy gate. Why do I bother responding to you non-reading mofo

Then you should be sympathetic and feel my pain, because like the Canucks, Carolina has won shit.

Manning beat Brady in AFC Championship to go on and win that Superbowl. 3 Superbowls to 0. SUCK IT!

Trust me, you will see my posts no matter if you ignore me or not.

Rapid fire.

simples

Banned
I've been at my kids soccer game. When I left it was 20-7, so I assume we came back and won, right? RIGHT?
yes

ff831522de510fce2c9809fe5d5b347652c8fda82b61fe2416ba481f7902537e_large

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So if the Eagles win tonight it's likely to be Packers v Bears in Chicago?

Also could be 49ers vs Cardinals if the Falcons somehow won on MNF.

Your scenario obviously more likely.

Also Cowboys vs Eagles is going to be the SNF game next week duh.

don't wish anything good for the pats but it was pretty funny to see the ravens get skull fucked (although it probably lost me $300 since my opponent in my FF championship has the pats D). enjoy the next 5 years of mediocrity blarry!

Pretty sure the worthless fucking piece of hot dog shit Dolphins get in by:

1. Win, Baltimore loss.

2. Win, Baltimore win, SD win. Creates a three way tie which means the head to head tiebreaker the Ravens have over the shitty ass Dolphins is irrelevant. Can't remember what the deciding factor is (edit: conference record) at that point but I think it favors that garbage shit-stain Miami team.

I'm over the Bills game, I promise.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So there's a couple of games for them to pick where both teams have something to play for then. Good.

If Bears win tonight, SNF will surely be Eagles vs Cowboys.

If Bears lose, it could be either Eagles vs Cowboys or Bears vs Packers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

1. Win, Baltimore loss.

2. Win, Baltimore win, SD win. Creates a three way tie which means the head to head tiebreaker the Ravens have over the shitty ass Dolphins is irrelevant. Can't remember what the deciding factor is at that point but I think it favors that garbage shit-stain Miami team.

Dolphins get in with a Win + SD win. What Baltimore does is irrelevant in that 2nd scenario.

zychi

Banned
If Bears win tonight, SNF will surely be Eagles vs Cowboys.

If Bears lose, it could be either Eagles vs Cowboys or Bears vs Packers.

chicago radio said that "a source at nbc" has bears v packers if bears lose tonight. theyre assuming rodgers will finally come back

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

1. Win, Baltimore loss.

2. Win, Baltimore win, SD win. Creates a three way tie which means the head to head tiebreaker the Ravens have over the shitty ass Dolphins is irrelevant. Can't remember what the deciding factor is (edit: conference record) at that point but I think it favors that garbage shit-stain Miami team.

It's crazy that going into this game the Fins were the 7th seed but controlled their own destiny. They lose, now they're technically the 6th seed but we need help. I hate this sport.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, I agree that if Von is seriously inured that the secondary still remains the biggest concern by far. The team had more sacks when Von was gone this year then they had when he was there last year. It would not be the worst thing.

I am personally happy Webster is not healthy as long as the rest of the cornerbacks can play. He gave up so many great plays and was the obvious target for opponents the whole time he started.

I liked Woodyard last year. I do not know what they are thinking too as I thought he was the defenses Captain?

It will still suck if he's out for the year, but it's something we have depth for as a side effect of the suspension. Plus we added Mincey, who brings further depth to DE

As far as Webster, he's young. Good QBs are going to take advantage of that inexperience. If Champ can be 90% of himself, it will help quite a bit in the secondary.

Woodyard, yes DC. As far as his play, he's better than Lenon. So I hope that they are just getting Lenon some reps in the case of an injury or resting Woodyard to a degree. Or maybe they see some regression in his play? I don't know, but we will know for sure the first playoff game.

So, something that's been bothering me about Pitt GB.

GB had no time outs. Why didn't the Steelers kneel 3 times then kick a field goal on 4th down?
Because our coaching staffs are different sides of the same dumb-as-shit coin.

And they've both won the super bowl! An inspiration to dumbasses everywhere.

I do have to say thst I don't think Tomlin is quite in McCarthy's class on the stupidity side of things. It takes a special kind of dumb to run the ball 1st and goal from the 5 with no timeouts and 30 seconds left.

Top Bottom