• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

squicken

So is D Rose playing next week? He kind of has to, right?

They think they have a franchise QB. He's one of the main reasons Fisher came to St. Louis. He is going to get a new contract because that's what the Rams do. Stay loyal to mediocre players, tell the fanbase the players are good and the team will be good next year, and overpay everyone. That's why Laurinaitis gets paid more than the 9ers linebackers despite being below average. That's why Cortland Finnegan is one of the highest paid corners in the league to be the number 3 corner. That's why Chris Long is paid a ludicrous amount to get 6.5 sacks. And that's why Bradford is gonna get himself a fat ass Flacco contract to play as shitty as Flacco

Bradford isn't getting a new deal. That's off the table. I don't think they cut him but they might. They have a very big decision due on Jake Long. They structured his deal to get out of it if he is hurt

http://overthecap.com/looking-at-jake-longs-contract/

ssentially the Rams built a great deal of protection into the contract via the use of a “health” based guarantee for the oft-injured Long. If Long is healthy for the final game of the 2013 season he will earn another $4 million in fully guaranteed salary. If not healthy he runs the risk of being cut from the team and collecting $12 million for one season of work. The Rams have structured the contract in a way where, if unhealthy, the release of Long in 2014 will create an additional $1.5 million in cap room and $4 million in free cash for the Rams.

RBH

qwGCEmI.png

:lol

Draconian

Chris giving Pack fans false hope. I don't see any reason to expect him to be back next week. Tbh the only reason they haven't put him on IR is probably for morale at this point.

Bradford isn't getting a new deal. That's off the table. I don't think they cut him but they might. They have a very big decision due on Jake Long. They structured his deal to get out of it if he is hurt

He won't get one this year but he'll get one. Cut Long. Fuck him. Draft a new LT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000301595/Is-Stafford-the-most-undisciplined-QB

Warner hits the nail on the head, as does Sapp. Stafford has been atrocious ever since that "team meeting" fiasco. You can tell he has completely bought into Schwartz's bullshit, perhaps largely because it has given him a long leash over the last 5 years. I have never gotten the impression coaches talk to Stafford about his footwork, his throw mechanics, his decision making, nothing. He constantly takes horrible chances and never learns from his mistakes. LoJack was 100% right, it's so obvious right now.

We need a coach with credibility who can sit Stafford down, and show him all his mistakes on film and challenge him to correct them. We can't afford to hire another unproven coordinator, or even a college coach. Whisenhunt? Maybe. Someone needs to fix Stafford or we're going to be fucked for a very long time.

I'm with you brother but Fisher signed Long and Finnegan, and cutting his two prized FAs will look bad for him. They have kept Pead all this time just to avoid looking dumb

Dude just tore his ACL and has past health concerns. I just don't see them keeping him. Speaking of, why is Pead on kick returns? Dude has a fumbling problem and that is the last thing he should be doing

Eleuin

If erron is seriously injured just put him on IR
If he needs sugery get it done now

False hope for a 1 and out isn't fun

#Readyforweek1(2014)

Red Comet

Man, I really wish Dallas had lost earlier today. Oh, well. Great win for Philly, hopefully the momentum can be carried over to next Sunday.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Deion, Michael and Marshall going to go in on the Lions on NFL network tonight. I feel it in my bones.

I'm not surprised.

Lovie's replacement said he might rest players. I have no faith in a Lacyless or banged up Lacy Pack next week.

Let's see how it goes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000301595/Is-Stafford-the-most-undisciplined-QB

Warner hits the nail on the head, as does Sapp. Stafford has been atrocious ever since that "team meeting" fiasco. You can tell he has completely bought into Schwartz's bullshit, perhaps largely because it has given him a long leash over the last 5 years. I have never gotten the impression coaches talk to Stafford about his footwork, his throw mechanics, his decision making, nothing. He constantly takes horrible chances and never learns from his mistakes. LoJack was 100% right, it's so obvious right now.

We need a coach with credibility who can sit Stafford down, and show him all his mistakes on film and challenge him to correct them. We can't afford to hire another unproven coordinator, or even a college coach. Whisenhunt? Maybe. Someone needs to fix Stafford or we're going to be fucked for a very long time.

You don't like the patented Stafford sidearm chuck it and fuck it form?

squicken

Dude just tore his ACL and has past health concerns. I just don't see them keeping him. Speaking of, why is Pead on kick returns? Dude has a fumbling problem and that is the last thing he should be doing

No idea. I think Studman is getting rotated off special teams b/c he is the best WR and Tavon is out, so maybe Pead is on returns?

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm not surprised.

Lovie's replacement said he might rest players. I have no faith in a Lacyless or banged up Lacy Pack next week.

Let's see how it goes.

I have faith in the offense, they can score but the defense is where I'm worried. Since week 5 they have been worthless.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

Kurt and Warren is right but Stafford is an average ass QB, at best. Destroy and rebuild.

Hopefully they don't go out and try to sign anymore "big name" FAs because all of the one's we've signed have either been garbage or are now hurt. The worst part is that all of these shit contracts they've given to players like Finnegan (though he's either going to have a drastically reduced contract or be cut next season) and Cook might keep them from keeping a player they need and is actually worth a lot of money in Saffold.

I don't see the point in discussing Bradford's future right now because they're not going to do anything except maybe draft a backup in a later round. If next year is really going to be our "breakout year" then they can determine what to do with Bradford after that.

Doorman

While I don't think that holding a "team meeting" really would have changed much of anything, I do agree with the rest of the points. Yes, sometimes being a top-tier quarterback means being able to make something out of nothing and coming up with an improvised play here or there. The issue that I have with Stafford is that it feels like he goes into every single down with that sort of mentality, and that leads you into playing stupid football.

He has talent, he can make big throws, but it's getting overshadowed by his own overconfidence (fueled by the coaching staff) and utter lack of establishing solid fundamental play for the majority of the game (which hasn't been corrected by the coaching staff). It's the perfect example of Schwartz's "do whatever it takes to win the game by any means necessary" approach. That was a decent approach when the level of talent on the team was abysmal and we needed an edge to dig out of the 0-16 basement, but that's not a game plan that wins you Super Bowls. It's time to get out of "Do whatever to win" mode and get into "Win by playing the game the right way" mode. Schwartz has made it clear he doesn't subscribe to that philosophy, and why I said last year that we'd never win a super bowl under his watch. Get him out, and bring in someone that teaches the team how to play winning football, not just make flashy plays.

Top Bottom