• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Wynnebeck

Banned
PackersGAF, don't be the target of blind hope. No way we go into Soldier's Field and win without Lacy. Season is over. Time to clean out our lockers.

RBH

j5NX7bazDL4Jj.jpeg

Hunter S.

So I was watching Peyton talking about breaking the regular season passing touchdown record, and he does not think it will last long because he thinks the season will become 18 games. Anybody else heard top NFL figures saying the same?

Stedman, Ogletree, TJ, Tavon sorta, Stacy

Snead nailed this past draft. He fucked up 2012 but dude did great on 2013. I feel a lot better about the front office than I did just a few weeks ago

Well Tavon's value goes beyond that of a receiver. We haven't had a real return man in a long time. Even without being properly utilized in the passing game he has about 1200 all purpose yards. He will singlehandedly win us a game once or twice a year.

Suprised you like TJ. You were pretty down on him when we drafted him

Narag

So I was watching Peyton talking about breaking the regular season passing touchdown record, and he does not think it will last long because he thinks the season will become 18 games. Anybody else heard top NFL figures saying the same?

They've been saying it the past few years.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
PackersGAF, don't be the target of blind hope. No way we go into Soldier's Field and win without Lacy. Season is over. Time to clean out our lockers.

I'm pretty sure the Packers could sign Greg and he'd get 100 yards on the ground against the Bears.
And 200 yards in the air.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think you can just go ahead and pencil in the Broncos as the #1 seed in the AFC. I can't see any scenario where they lose to the Raiders next week.

So is D Rose playing next week? He kind of has to, right?
Weeeeellll...

Unlike D Rose, it's not Rodgers' decision to make. He would've played against Dallas if they'd let him. Probably depends how good his debate skills are

So Lacy is better than Rodgers? Shit, who knew?

Tenumi

Banned
While I don't think that holding a "team meeting" really would have changed much of anything, I do agree with the rest of the points. Yes, sometimes being a top-tier quarterback means being able to make something out of nothing and coming up with an improvised play here or there. The issue that I have with Stafford is that it feels like he goes into every single down with that sort of mentality, and that leads you into playing stupid football.

He has talent, he can make big throws, but it's getting overshadowed by his own overconfidence (fueled by the coaching staff) and utter lack of establishing solid fundamental play for the majority of the game (which hasn't been corrected by the coaching staff). It's the perfect example of Schwartz's "do whatever it takes to win the game by any means necessary" approach. That was a decent approach when the level of talent on the team was abysmal and we needed an edge to dig out of the 0-16 basement, but that's not a game plan that wins you Super Bowls. It's time to get out of "Do whatever to win" mode and get into "Win by playing the game the right way" mode. Schwartz has made it clear he doesn't subscribe to that philosophy, and why I said last year that we'd never win a super bowl under his watch. Get him out, and bring in someone that teaches the team how to play winning football, not just make flashy plays.

You've pretty much summed it up in the most accurate way possible.

...This is going to be an interesting offseason.

Hopefully they don't go out and try to sign anymore "big name" FAs because all of the one's we've signed have either been garbage or are now hurt. The worst part is that all of these shit contracts they've given to players like Finnegan (though he's either going to have a drastically reduced contract or be cut next season) and Cook might keep them from keeping a player they need and is actually worth a lot of money in Saffold.

I don't see the point in discussing Bradford's future right now because they're not going to do anything except maybe draft a backup in a later round. If next year is really going to be our "breakout year" then they can determine what to do with Bradford after that.

Saffold is a little bitch and is gonna leave because he can make more money as a shitty tackle than as a good guard. I like how he has stopped getting injured every other series when he has a contract coming up. Flopping little baby.

Greg

I called the Falcons and Cowboys comeback

Eagles helping the Packers, Finley is out, Flynn plays due to Rodgers injury - sound familiar to a certain season?

SUPER BOWL CHAMP TIME

As bad as the Packers D is, a team with Rodgers and maybe Cobb isn't a team I'd want to play. The Packers looked like a contender before Rodgers got hurt

Edit: Packers-Steelers Super Bowl

squicken

Well Tavon's value goes beyond that of a receiver. We haven't had a real return man in a long time. Even without being properly utilized in the passing game he has about 1200 all purpose yards. He will singlehandedly win us a game once or twice a year.

Suprised you like TJ. You were pretty down on him when we drafted him

I think TJ can be more than a box safety. I loved Mikell and think he is doing great for CAR, but all he can do is play down in box. TJ has shown a lot more lateral ability than I thought he had

I still don't love the pick but the player is worthy of the draft slot imo

Weeeeellll...

Unlike D Rose, it's not Rodgers' decision to make.

I know ;) But it's going to be a lot of pressure on him to suit up

Saffold is a little bitch and is gonna leave because he can make more money as a shitty tackle than as a good guard. I like how he has stopped getting injured every other series when he has a contract coming up. Flopping little baby.

haha, damn. Well if they don't re-sign him then our O-line situation is going to be kind of fucked next year. Either Barnes or Jones at center and Barksdale would probably stay in at RT... but who else? I don't really see how they would excuse not drafting Matthews if he becomes available (especially if we drop out of the 2nd pick) and getting a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Watching this "Pony Excess" 30 for 30 film.
Never seen this stuff before regarding SMU and the death penalty.
Some really interesting accounts of college ball and some of the really dirty recruiting tactics back in the day.

haha, damn. Well if they don't re-sign him then our O-line situation is going to be kind of fucked next year. Either Barnes or Jones at center and Barksdale would probably stay in at RT... but who else? I don't really see how they would excuse not drafting Matthews if he becomes available (especially if we drop out of the 2nd pick) and getting a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Yeah it's gonna be rough regardless.

Just came home and saw NE/BAL score. Pats-GAF, thank you. Although we will go back to being rivals, today, we stand as comrades, rejoicing in the defeat of the purple menace.

I know ;) But it's going to be a lot of pressure on him to suit up
My point is that that's irrelevant. He can want to play as desperately as he likes, but the one who makes the decision will be a robot general manager who does not feel pressure (or for that matter emotions)

Hopefully Rodgers has some detectives on the case and he can blackmail the team doctor into giving him the go ahead to play.

While I don't think that holding a "team meeting" really would have changed much of anything, I do agree with the rest of the points. Yes, sometimes being a top-tier quarterback means being able to make something out of nothing and coming up with an improvised play here or there. The issue that I have with Stafford is that it feels like he goes into every single down with that sort of mentality, and that leads you into playing stupid football.

The problem I had with the "team meeting" thing is that Stafford called it off and then spent 5 weeks looking terrible. If you don't need a meeting, prove it. A meeting wasn't going to fix this team, you're right. But by calling it off, he suggested that nothing was wrong and nothing needs to be addressed. When Bush fumbles he looks angry, like he fucked up and knows it. When Stafford has a bad game he constantly looks like he's finding ways to blame over people. That Fauria pass that was tipped was clearly overthrown, yet Stafford acted like it was nothing, or the other guy fucking up. No, that's on you. That's the type of blame game behavior I'd expect from a rookie, or RG3. Not from a vet QB.

Greg

My point is that that's irrelevant. He can want to play as desperately as he likes, but the one who makes the decision will be a robot general manager who does not feel pressure (or for that matter emotions)

Hopefully Rodgers has some detectives on the case and he can blackmail the team doctor into giving him the go ahead to play.
e-mo-tion?
6OxNykp.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think in a game like Bears-Packers where they're competing to outsuck each other, anyone can win.

I'm more skeptical of our chances of winning the first playoff game.

Top Bottom