• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

I think in a game like Bears-Packers where they're competing to outsuck each other, anyone can win.

I'm more skeptical of our chances of winning the first playoff game.
The NFC North team's chances of winning the first playoff game are directly proportional to the chances of New Orleans getting the #5 seed.

aka: Goooooooo Falcons!

The Bears only chance is to somehow get up by more than a touchdown, or just pray the Packers coaching staff decides to go pass happy for no apparent reason ie. Cowboys syndrome.

DMczaf

Miami would make it because of the conference record tiebreaker.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/22/afc-wild-card-scenarios-week-17/

Hey RBH...

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you win.

ibJhx9ihklk4X.gif

so if the Seahawks lose to the Rams and the Niners win out, Panthers get the one seed if they win next week.

Anyone know who would get the tiebreaker if the Panthers and Taints are tied next week?

why can't the Jets make it at 8-8 if everyone else loses
Rex Ryan wins the superbowl after telling his team hes getting fired

do it Goodell

Needs more matchsticks

haha i struggled so much on that dog matchstick in the first game, and that was in the beginning, i have never beaten a professor layton game

njean777

I hope Philly can bring that type of play to Dallas next week. It would make my weekend if Philly gets into the play offs. Sorry Bears Gaf.

DMczaf

Starting to doubt Glennon. He isn't as functionally athletic as I thought

He's at his absolute worst when he has to move. Ugh. Doesn't help that Donald Penn is a shell of his former self.

Hopefully he works on his mobility in the offseason, because he's a boss when he gets time to work the pocket.

Doorman

My condolences Lions gaf. But IMO a fullback is much needed over there.
Nah, for the first time I can remember our offensive line is actually looking pretty competent in run-blocking, and Joique Bell is a decent enough "power" style runner. Having a better blocking running back might help, though.

The problem I had with the "team meeting" thing is that Stafford called it off and then spent 5 weeks looking terrible. If you don't need a meeting, prove it. A meeting wasn't going to fix this team, you're right. But by calling it off, he suggested that nothing was wrong and nothing needs to be addressed. When Bush fumbles he looks angry, like he fucked up and knows it. When Stafford has a bad game he constantly looks like he's finding ways to blame over people. That Fauria pass that was tipped was clearly overthrown, yet Stafford acted like it was nothing, or the other guy fucking up. No, that's on you. That's the type of blame game behavior I'd expect from a rookie, or RG3. Not from a vet QB.
It's not a good look when players are sending mixed messages, I'll agree with you on that. But again, what would have occurred within that team meeting? Other players telling Stafford that he's playing like crap? With his personality, he wouldn't internalize or do anything about it, anyway. He, like Schwartz, seems to be completely fixated on nothing but getting positive results and downright ignoring or brushing off things that don't go his way. That works if you're Peyton Manning and you can justifiably have faith in your fundamentals and decison-making...Stafford has that level of self-confidence, but doesn't have the level of play to match.

ShaneB

Yay new thread!!! =) Week 16 already! =(

I'll be back home for the next 2 games, getting spoiled and pigging out on lots of food while watching. I'm hoping the terrible internet home at least keeps Gamepass quality acceptable.

Bold prediction time, I do think either the Cards or the Rams upset the Seahawks and get a win at Centurylink. The Cards are a desperate team, looking for a win and staying in the playoff hunt, whereas in week 17 perhaps starters will be resting, and the Rams could just as easily love to play a spoiler role and perhaps break the home win streak if the Cardinals don't, plus the Rams played us incredibly well last time with their defence and they can contend as shown by their manhandling of the Saints.. In either case, I'm a lot more excited for these last two games than I thought I would be earlier in the season. They're both tough tests and it's no cake walk.

=(

What a mess trying to watch the games today with terrible internet. Good times though. I can't hate that Arizona defence, was impressed as hell, and like I predicted, they played like a desperate team.

I still have no idea what to think of that final turnover, there's no clear cut look at it either way.

squicken

=(

What a mess trying to watch the games today with terrible internet. Good times though. I can't hate that Arizona defence, was impressed as hell, and like I predicted, they played like a desperate team.

I still have no idea what to think of that final turnover, there's no clear cut look at it either way.

It was a bad call, but hard to overturn it. What is the deal with the offense? Russell drops back and seems to have either no idea where to throw it or no one is open

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
h/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nightmare fuel.

[quote="squicken, post: 94531072"]With Von Miller out, AFC is wide open. Somehow the Colts are back in it[/QUOTE]

It might just be a sprain, he's going to have an MRI tomorrow.

He won't play against Oakland, but they won't need him against that joke team.

ShaneB

It was a bad call, but hard to overturn it. What is the deal with the offense? Russell drops back and seems to have either no idea where to throw it or no one is open

What was up with the offence today was the Arizona defence. That pass rush was all over Wilson.

Bowser

so if the Seahawks lose to the Rams and the Niners win out, Panthers get the one seed if they win next week.

Anyone know who would get the tiebreaker if the Panthers and Taints are tied next week?

Saints as they'd have a better division record (5-1 vs. 4-2)

So Dallas' post-season fate is going to once again come down to the last divisional game of the year. I want Philadelphia to win so badly. To see the Cowboys fail to the Giants, Redskins and Eagles in the course of three years is just too good to pass up.

squicken

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...gers-wasnt-as-close-to-coming-back-as-thought

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported Sunday morning that Rodgers "wasn't as close to coming back as it appeared."

A source told Mortensen that Rodgers fractured collarbone showed "extraordinary risk" if he attempted to get back on the field and play for Green Bay Sunday.

Much attention was paid to McCarthy's repeated insistence that holding Rodgers out was "an organizational decision," refusing to put the onus on a single individual for making the decision.

Mortensen reports that McCarthy "used that term at the insistence of Rodgers, who wanted an emphasis placed on his toughness." Additionally at play was -- Mort reports -- Rodgers' sensitivity that his injury absence would be compared to Brett Favre's reputation for toughness."

Was this dealt with by the Packers? Nothing too bad but it does cast another bad light on Rodgers' sensitivity

Jtrizzy

That was really ballsy of Rivera to punt at the end, especially with everyone praising his risk taking during this run. Also, what are the weakest recieving corps in the league? The Jags? It's pretty rough for the Panthers without Steve Smith. Probably can't afford a free agent in the off season either with all of the big contracts coming up.

njean777

So Dallas' post-season fate is going to once again come down to the last divisional game of the year. I want Philadelphia to win so badly. To see the Cowboys fail to the Giants, Redskins and Eagles in the course of three years is just too good to pass up.

Me and you both.

squicken

That was really ballsy of Rivera to punt at the end, especially with everyone praising his risk taking during this run. Also, what are the weakest recieving corps in the league? The Jags? It's pretty rough for the Panthers without Steve Smith. Probably can't afford a free agent in the off season either with all of the big contracts coming up.

Jets or Jags

overcast

haha, damn. Well if they don't re-sign him then our O-line situation is going to be kind of fucked next year. Either Barnes or Jones at center and Barksdale would probably stay in at RT... but who else? I don't really see how they would excuse not drafting Matthews if he becomes available (especially if we drop out of the 2nd pick) and getting a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Man, are you guys sure about using yet another high pick on an offensive lineman? Remember how out last pick turned out? I would like a big possession receiver to hit, with Austin working the slot. Or maybe something to bolster up the secondary. Grab some linemen in the 2nd and 3rd round if we move down, which we should.

I don't know if any of the receivers in the draft look great though. Next year Bradford has to show what he's worth. I don't have my hopes high with him. Though Stacy helps.

That picture of Bald Brady is nonsense. She would just get hair plugs and extensions.

She got dat money thanks to her sugar daddy Gisele.

Top Bottom