• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Greg

my only problem with the shield is the sometimes campy look of the camera cuts and also the terrible use of disarm by the pumpkins on that one part. i hate it when shows or movies use songs and their lyrics to tell us how the character is supposed to be feeling
your favorite part was Kid Rock playing in the first episode

Funny part of the Shield is that all of a sudden there's a massive surge in interest for it on GAF so i've been ducking spoilers the last few weeks.

Most stressful part of watching any show is that if you get behind you could get nailed with a spoiler from anywhere.

Doorman

Ya'll should pick up Gone Home.

I watched someone do a full playthrough of it...For the first like two hours of it I kept expecting shit to get real and have aliens show up or stumble across a mutilated dead body or something...then I finally concluded that wasn't going to happen and felt let down.

Funny part of the Shield is that all of a sudden there's a massive surge in interest for it on GAF so i've been ducking spoilers the last few weeks.

Most stressful part of watching any show is that if you get behind you could get nailed with a spoiler from anywhere.

Dude...avoid them at all costs. Seriously. It's a great show, definitely in my top 3.

I WILL NEVER WATCH THE SHIELD OR ROME

NEVER EVER

I COULD NOT, WOULD NOT WITH A FOX

I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT WITH A GATOR

POETRY IS HARD

FUCK BRADY

I watched someone do a full playthrough of it...For the first like two hours of it I kept expecting shit to get real and have aliens show up or stumble across a mutilated dead body or something...then I finally concluded that wasn't going to happen and felt let down.
It's a legit criticism with these games.
I wish it were attached to something more substantial.

This sort of thing in a TLOU without guns world = perfection.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Fun fact:
Uter is Swiss in Germany (Sidefact: The Simpsons is the ONLY thing ever that's better in the German dub. Better voices, nice translations).

The Germans (I think) in Malcolm in the Middle are Danes over here.
I have a hard time believing that all the satire from seasons 1-8 carry over. Simpsons after that is dumb so you're probably right.

Doorman

It's a legit criticism with these games.
I wish it were attached to something more substantial.

This sort of thing in a TLOU without guns world = perfection.gif

I love the concept of a game all about exploring around and piecing together a storyline as you go along, it just felt to me like the execution in Gone Home fell a little bit short. Part of that was admittedly my own expectations that it was going to be more of a horror game than it really was, but I also felt a little let down that seemingly all of the subplots resolved themselves rather happily, which kind of killed the sense of foreboding that they spend so much time building up.
Gimme a bigger world to explore and pull it a step away from real life and I think I'd be in.

Greg

Just finished new super mario on the DS, what a crappy game, SMW and SM3 are miles better. Also I just bought tearaway...damn it
I played the demo of Tearaway when it came out... no clue what the hell was going on, and this sums it up:
wkSPQql.jpg

Milchjon

I believe he's confusing Shakespeare's"What's in a name" monologue from Romeo and Juliet with Castlevania.

That makes so much more sense.

Nah.

I've just only ever read the quote without context, for about as long as I can remember reading English stuff on the internet. Because of that and because it sounds kinda profound (to a non native speaker) it never even occurred to me to google it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

This post is mildly refreshing. You missed out on a popular show so you take it upon yourself to avoid discussion of it.

Although, you need to pick and choose what to care about instead of stressing about everything.

Milchjon

Did we ever discuss McDonalds having 10 million pounds of unsold Mighty Wings in their inventory?

I think it's because everyone in their right mind hates Kaep and Flacco.

Greg

Did we ever discuss McDonalds having 10 million pounds of unsold Mighty Wings in their inventory?

I think it's because everyone in their right mind hates Kaep and Flacco.
I don't care - I'll help them with that problem

all wings deserve to be eaten

Yeah that was really deaf and dumb of you
:jnc

I hate this. I don't care if it's 5 years old or 10 years old, if I haven't seen it, it's new to me. When I am king of the internet posting unmarked spoilers will be a bannable offense.

Spinluck

The Sopranos is awesome.

Definitely up there for me.

EDIT: I also just beat Super Mario 3D World with some friends a few days ago.

The final boss is the best 3D Mario boss ever. Great game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I hate this. I don't care if it's 5 years old or 10 years old, if I haven't seen it, it's new to me. When I am king of the internet posting unmarked spoilers will be a bannable offense.
You can be King of the DVRing Basement Dwellers, entirely detached from the rest of society and anathema to communal experiences.

Put another way, much like how it's utterly pointless to expect that people refrain from mentioning or referencing the winner of the Super Bowl and how ignorant you would be if you demanded people not discuss current or historical events, creative works have impacts on society from which the only recourse is to remove yourself from that society. This can either be out of message or resonance. In the former case, you're expected to know the ending because it means something, like many parables. In the latter case, it simply becomes popular enough to become part of cultural literacy and references may enter into the language itself. So in the end, the only things that can truly be spoiled are inconsequential pieces of fluff that nobody would care about but you.

I've replaced "studying for finals" procrastination for "Christmas shopping" procrastination. Do they make Eagles tees with Foles' name and number on them yet? My bro is a giant Vick fan and I want to rub in his eventual unemployment. He thinks Vick will still catch on somewhere, but with his injury history, who'd want to commit?

Top Bottom