• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Bread

Banned
Fun fact:
Uter is Swiss in Germany (Sidefact: The Simpsons is the ONLY thing ever that's better in the German dub. Better voices, nice translations).
The Germans (I think) in Malcolm in the Middle are Danes over here.
i will not refrain from murdering a fellow pats bro

mind your tongue, euro.

Tamanon

Banned
Congrats!

Where you moving to?

Also, Prost!

Greenville, NC. So closer to the coast and to at least a slightly bigger city. I'll be continuing my studies at East Carolina University(Home of David Garrard!). After graduating from there, it's probably West Coast Bound.

Here's a live shot of kave at the Toronto_GAF meetup

cat%20in%20a%20bar.jpg

Greenville, NC. So closer to the coast and to at least a slightly bigger city. I'll be continuing my studies at East Carolina University(Home of David Garrard!). After graduating from there, it's probably West Coast Bound.

Ahh ECU.

That's a fun place.

Is Rammstein how the world perceives Germany?

i remember when i was on a video shoot for a Garbage video (and by video shoot i was just an extra so i'm not trying to sound cool.... but i did get to meet and speak with shirley and butch!) and there was this german guy there. he told me he was from germany and i said oh yeah rammstein is cool just trying to make conversation and he said uhhh rammstein is a big fucking joke in my country. then he went on and on for about 20 mins about how they sucked dick and all these other bands that were much better.

i learned a lot about germans that day

Not really.

I have about one friend with whom I like to switch between German and English (and sometimes French) as it fits. Otherwise, why would we?

Quality

:p

How do you describe subtleties of hoppiness I'm German? Translate the difference in Pacific Northwestern hops and Noble hops for my American ass

Tamanon

Banned
Not really.

I have about one friend with whom I like to switch between German and English (and sometimes French) as it fits. Otherwise, why would we?

I fucking hate language switching mid-conversation.

I hang out with a lot of Spanish speakers because of my fiance, and always the second or third generations swap between Spanish and English mid-sentence.

I can understand(and speak pretty good after a bottle of Johnny Walker) Spanish perfectly well, but I need to switch my brain, so switching between the two confuses me to no end.

Milchjon

i remember when i was on a video shoot for a Garbage video (and by video shoot i was just an extra so i'm not trying to sound cool.... but i did get to meet and speak with shirley and butch!) and there was this german guy there. he told me he was from germany and i said oh yeah rammstein is cool just trying to make conversation and he said uhhh rammstein is a big fucking joke in my country. then he went on and on for about 20 mins about how they sucked dick and all these other bands that were much better.

i learned a lot about germans that day

When was that?

Germany is kinda ambivalent about Rammstein. When they first started out, it was this whole "killer video games!!!!"-like uproar where the general public was too dumb to figure out their lyrics and basically called them Nazis. Nowadays, they're pretty much accepted among even the mainstream music and art scene. Of course, there's a big part of the public that still thinks they suck and/or thinks they are hilariously bad.

I like them. Also probably one of the top 3 live acts I've ever seen. If you get the chance to watch them live, do it!

When was that?

Germany is kinda ambivalent about Rammstein. When they first started out, it was this whole "killer video games!!!!"-like uproar where the general public was too dumb to figure out their lyrics and basically called them Nazis. Nowadays, they're pretty much accepted among even the mainstream music and art scene. Of course, there's a big part of the public that still thinks they suck and/or thinks they are hilariously bad.

I like them. Also probably one of the top 3 live acts I've ever seen. If you get the chance to watch them live, do it!

Do you all drink Jager

Milchjon

Quality

:p

How do you describe subtleties of hoppiness I'm German? Translate the difference in Pacific Northwestern hops and Noble hops for my American ass

American hops is more "fruchtig". Noble hops are hard to describe IMO. They are simply "hopfig" :p

I fucking hate language switching mid-conversation.

I hang out with a lot of Spanish speakers because of my fiance, and always the second or third generations swap between Spanish and English mid-sentence.

I can understand(and speak pretty good after a bottle of Johnny Walker) Spanish perfectly well, but I need to switch my brain, so switching between the two confuses me to no end.

It's just that in some contexts it's easier to come up with the English expression. Owing to the fact that a whole lot of entertainment (and subsequently quotes) come in English. So if I know that the other person understands it, I just go with whatever fits.

When was that?

this was in the early 2000's

MechDX

Teddy Bridgewater ‏@teddyb_h2o 2h
Sacrificed a lot of personal glory for the people around because I've always been apart of something much bigger than myself. It's my time

Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! Don't fuck this up and beat the broncos Texans!

Bb9h7APCQAARBsy.jpg

Schaub's gone all nWo brotha!

Yup. Hallertau is the biggest hop growing area in the world. Hallertauer is their (main) aroma hops.

Dawg if you ever come to Merica you are welcome yo crash at my place as long as you like and I'll take you to all the breweries and craft beer bars in St. Louis. You can even take my bed and I'll wash the sheets for you and take the couch.

Only thing I ask is accommodations if I ever come to the homeland

Is the Wolpertinger real?

Milchjon

Dawg if you ever come to Merica you are welcome yo crash at my place as long as you like and I'll take you to all the breweries and craft beer bars in St. Louis. You can even take my bed and I'll wash the sheets for you and take the couch.

Only thing I ask is accommodations if I ever come to the homeland

Is the Wolpertinger real?

Haha, I don't think my tiny room is preferable to a nice affordable hostel ;-) Also, a lot of the more interesting beer spots are at the other end of Germany.

And yes, it is real. Seen it with my own eyes.

Edit: Not that I'm not open towards a beer themed meet up!

Top Bottom