• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

r96ngXV.png

Really want that Dix!

Milchjon

He is a joke now but in the 80s for every guy and especially kids and teens he was a fucking boss.

Everyone loved Knight Rider. Probably doesn't hold up now but for its time one of the best action tv shows ever.

I miss the 80s. :(

Man, like 95% of your posts are about how you miss the past.

You sound like a 63-year-old.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We should totally have an NFL GAF meetup in Germany! I've always wanted to visit the Fatherland!

And we can totally sit around and hate on soccer while we're there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty sure that is how World War I started...

Now I'm picturing Gavrilo Princip wearing a Serbian soccer jersey while shooting the Archduke who is decked out in a Austrian soccer jersey.

World War 1 was really just a bunch of soccer hooligans going at it.

bionic77

Now I'm picturing Gavrilo Princip wearing a Serbian soccer jersey while shooting the Archduke who is decked out in a Austrian soccer jersey.

World War 1 was really just a bunch of soccer hooligans going at it.
That's pretty much what happened. The usual soccer related fatality. Two drunk Europeans were arguing over a draw between national teams. Since no one scored goals back then it was common to argue over shit like time of possession and who had the best chances. It's kind of like how KAS talks about Lions losses, except instead of one crazy asshole it is an entire continent of people and most of them are Patriot fans or are inclined to that way of thinking (judging by this forum at least). Perfect recipe for worldwide war.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I love how we've linked Gavrilo Princip, Serbia, Austria, World War 1, football and me.:jnc Hilarious.

BTW bros I've gotten 4 free games today. I tried a little of Limbo and it seems really cool. Any impressions?

He is a joke now but in the 80s for every guy and especially kids and teens he was a fucking boss.

Everyone loved Knight Rider. Probably doesn't hold up now but for its time one of the best action tv shows ever.

I miss the 80s. :(

I loved knight rider as a kid, I watched it again recently and I think it still holds up

ShaneB

I love how we've linked Gavrilo Princip, Serbia, Austria, World War 1, football and me.:jnc Hilarious.

BTW bros I've gotten 4 free games today. I tried a little of Limbo and it seems really cool. Any impressions?

Limbo is a good times. It's just a few hours, so it's easily marathonable.

squicken

Man, like 95% of your posts are about how you miss the past.

You sound like a 63-year-old.

But the past is better. I can't think of a recent TV show that is any good relative to what has come before. Everyone made a big deal about Breaking Bad but in five years everyone will understand the context that they just liked getting excited about something they could go on Twitter and forums and blogs and discuss b/c they had become alienated from human interaction by technology

cdyhybrid

But the past is better. I can't think of a recent TV show that is any good relative to what has come before. Everyone made a big deal about Breaking Bad but in five years everyone will understand the context that they just liked getting excited about something they could go on Twitter and forums and blogs and discuss b/c they had become alienated from human interaction by technology
oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

I love how people are calling it "the greatest TV show of all time". Sopranos, (which got that title last) am jelly I suppose.

JCizzle

I pray to God you don't consider the wire to be recent.......

Watch Justified.

Greg

True story - I sat down to watch that with the wife, I fell asleep, woke up, then fell asleep again all in the same episode. It's slower than Gata.
It's hard for something to grow on you when you're not watching! And the pace is what makes the payoffs that much more rewarding.

I don't see how it's any different than something like The Sopranos or The Wire though (not talking the quality of the show, but the pacing).

It's hard for something to grow on you when you're not watching! And the pace is what makes the payoffs that much more rewarding.

I don't see how it's any different than something like The Sopranos or The Wire though (not talking the quality of the show, but the pacing).

I see your point, but the Wire (I haven't watched the Sopranos) gave me something to latch onto - interesting characters, a mystery.

Boardwalk had nothing. It was a bunch of stuff that was just ...happening, and it was all so inconsequential it made it impossible to care. I watched 3 episodes to give it a chance and the only interesting thing that happened was Al Capone showing up. Even then he didn't do anything interesting, just asked some guy something about alcohol.

It didn't help that Steve Buscemi's character wasn't the least bit interesting - though he did indirectly show me why producers always want a good looking lead for their show.

Greg

I see your point, but the Wire (I haven't watched the Sopranos) gave me something to latch onto - interesting characters, a mystery.

Boardwalk had nothing. It was a bunch of stuff that was just ...happening, and it was all so inconsequential it made it impossible to care. I watched 3 episodes to give it a chance and the only interesting thing that happened was Al Capone showing up. Even then he didn't do anything interesting, just asked some guy something about alcohol.

It didn't help that Steve Buscemi's character wasn't the least bit interesting - though he did indirectly show me why producers always want a good looking lead for their show.
It feels like it's been so long I can't remember how the first 2 seasons progressed, but I do remember the series seeming pretty scattered at the start, so I get where you're coming from.

If you're looking for something more consistently entertaining, you should check out The Shield if you haven't already. And The Sopranos is still incredible even though it has its fair share of meandering. I'll catch random episodes of it occasionally during dinner, and I'm still amazed at how good Gandolfini was.

It feels like it's been so long I can't remember how the first 2 seasons progressed, but I do remember the series seeming pretty scattered at the start, so I get where you're coming from.

If you're looking for something more consistently entertaining, you should check out The Shield if you haven't already. And The Sopranos is still incredible even though it has its fair share of meandering. I'll catch random episodes of it occasionally during dinner, and I'm still amazed at how good Gandolfini was.

Wife and I are 1 episode away from the Series Finale of the Shield - we were supposed to finish it tonight after our daughter went to sleep but my wife said she was too tired.

We're starting the Sopranos right after we're done the Shield.

Greg

Wife and I are 1 episode away from the Series Finale of the Shield - we were supposed to finish it tonight after our daughter went to sleep but my wife said she was too tired.

oh, that's right, that was you that said you were watching it

that's awesome

Wise choices my friend. Sopranos might seem like a comedy after the Shield though.

my only problem with the shield is the sometimes campy look of the camera cuts and also the terrible use of disarm by the pumpkins on that one part. i hate it when shows or movies use songs and their lyrics to tell us how the character is supposed to be feeling

Top Bottom