• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

MRSA

Banned
I dun told you heathens. Carr is not what his numbers say. Product of the system and Davante Adams bullying puny MW DBs.

Draconian

The only good answer on Fraudgers is that his clavicle didn't heal correctly. Otherwise, the situation makes no sense to me.

I don't think it would've been nearly as disappointing if we haven't been through the "gotta wait til Wednesday to see if he gets cleared" "gotta wait til Friday to see if he gets cleared" for 3 or 4 weeks already. At this point, just declare him out for the rest of the season and be done with it already. If he hasn't made it back this week, I don't think he'll be back by next week no matter what happens.

Mrbob

Now that Fraudgers has Cutler'd this season away it is time for the Bears to step up and take this division the final two weeks.

rando14

I don't think it would've been nearly as disappointing if we haven't been through the "gotta wait til Wednesday to see if he gets cleared" "gotta wait til Friday to see if he gets cleared" for 3 or 4 weeks already. At this point, just declare him out for the rest of the season and be done with it already. If he hasn't made it back this week, I don't think he'll be back by next week no matter what happens.

Yeah it's crazy. i never woulda thought this injury in week 9 would possibly take him out for the whole season

Draconian

Carr graduated from the Stafford school of quarterbacking. "Receivers getting killed, who cares? At least my completion percentage will look good."

jbbexam5u56kKA.jpg

"Tell me Ray, was it good for you?"

"Uh, yeah man, sure".

The only good answer on Fraudgers is that his clavicle didn't heal correctly. Otherwise, the situation makes no sense to me.
Only thing that really makes sense to me as well.

I don't know if they dropped the ball by not having surgery done right away, or if it was a weird injury (e.g. multiple fractures), or what. But if you're not going to medically clear him now, that probably means you should've IR'd him a month ago.

Narag

Only thing that really makes sense to me as well.

I don't know if they dropped the ball by not having surgery done right away, or if it was a weird injury (e.g. multiple fractures), or what. But if you're not going to medically clear him now, that probably means you should've IR'd him a month ago.

I can't help but wonder if they would have done just that if Detroit hadn't shit the bed in the division.

simples

Banned
Fraudgers is basically just a GB Jay Cutler at this point.
usually players are dying to comeback on the field to rescue their teams season and get a shot at the playoffs. they risk their health for their team

this loser on the other hand is waiting to make another excuse to stay in the nursing home and can't wait for the offseason to start. those shitty commercials aren't gonna make themselves!

squicken

I'm scared of getting Kennan Allen'd again, but I just don't see it from Lee. Looks like a nice #2, but not sure he can win contested balls

I can't help but wonder if they would have done just that if Detroit hadn't shit the bed in the division.
Even so, it doesn't make sense to keep him on active roster if he's not on track to play before mid-January.

This isn't like TO coming back to play in the Super Bowl. They aren't sniffing the divisional round even if Flynn magic gets them into the playoffs.

If the Packers win out and the Eagles lose once, the Packers get the #3 seed.
As long as they don't draw the Niners, they have a decent enough shot with Rodgers and Cobb back.

Crazier things have happened.

LJ11

Well to be fair to Carr this is the first defence he's seen all year.

Looked skittish with shit pocket presence in last years bowl game too.

Hard to judge based on a bowl game. Remember the Boyd talk after the LSU game, everyone acted like his flaws were gone.

If the Packers win out and the Eagles lose once, the Packers get the #3 seed.
As long as they don't draw the Niners, they have a decent enough shot with Rodgers and Cobb back.

Crazier things have happened.
If they won't clear Rodgers now, what makes you so confident they'll clear him in 2 weeks?

Seems to me the only way he'll play this year is if he forces his way onto the field.

i.e, "Fuck you, fuck me, if it breaks it breaks"

edit: Wait, do you really think we'll beat the Steelers and Bears without Rodgers?

squicken

I think I'm stepping off the Carr train here.

It's just one game. I cannot be unbiased b/c of the last name. I see all the negative traits that made his brother suck in Derek too

As far as Adams, I wish he had a better QB throwing to him so I could see him after the catch a bit. Not having trouble getting open, but a few have been double moves

Draxal

Looked skittish with shit pocket presence in last years bowl game too.

Hard to judge based on a bowl game. Remember the Boyd talk after the LSU game, everyone acted like his flaws were gone.

I think Carr is incredibly overrated due to the system and the talent advantage over opponents (Boise St was garbage this year, real reason Petersen bailed). So I'm not shocked that he's looking this bad at all, I expected it. However, I don't think you can judge him on one bad game against a completely superior team when he's used to having the talent/systemical advantage.

edit: Wait, do you really think we'll beat the Steelers and Bears without Rodgers?
I've thought that they'll clear him for the Bears game last-minute for a couple of weeks now assuming they're in playoff position.

My guess is the whole thing is a ploy to keep fan confidence in the product and coaching staff, though.

LJ11

I think Carr is incredibly overrated due to the system and the talent advantage over opponents (Boise St was garbage this year, real reason Petersen bailed). So I'm not shocked that he's looking this bad at all, I expected it. However, I don't think you can judge him on one bad game against a completely superior team when he's used to having the talent/systemical advantage.

Agree with everything you said.

Only thing I want to see from these guys is how they react when their space/pocket disappears.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope Bortles doesn't implode his draft stock the way Carr just did.

It would be nice to see my school's football team not embarrass themselves in their first major bowl game. I get the feeling we will get destroyed though :(

Okay Pack fans, not trying to troll - what happened to Clay? No way a broken thumb is his Achilles heel.
It reminds me of 2011 when the line was pretty shitty. He went from DPOY mention to complete pooty.

Raji is complete fucking garbage, Pickett is old, Jolly is a run-stuffer.
The line is just completely wrong for the scheme/getting pressure.

Capers has to get creative blitzing CBs and ILBs but Hawk is the only one that can do it (most of the time because the dumbshit puts Jones on the field instead of Jamarri Godimore) and Hayward is on IR.

Greg

Okay Pack fans, not trying to troll - what happened to Clay? No way a broken thumb is his Achilles heel.

just posted today - One on One with Clay Matthews:
Q. Are you getting back to 100 percent?

A. I’m getting there; I’m getting closer. This injury has definitely been the most difficult in my career, even though it hasn’t been the most widely talked about or scrutinized. I haven’t regained full mobility and I’m still playing in a hard cast. You truly don’t realize how much you use your hands in the position in which I play, which is rushing the passer and holding the edge against the run. So it’s been difficult and like I said I’m not going to use it as an excuse and I am getting closer to that day when I don’t have to wear a cast and a brace. That’ll definitely help my game out tremendously, but for the time being, I’ll just have to stick with rehab and understand that although it’s called a broken thumb, it’s a bad broken thumb to have. Hopefully, like I said, we’ll have guys back healthy and, hopefully, I’ll be one of them getting back to 100 percent.

Q. What’s it like playing hurt?

A. You don’t realize how great you feel and how great you are when you’re out there 100 percent. I had the cast off today and was practicing with some tape on and just felt so free and had so much more to give. Injury is always difficult, especially for me to not be able to play to the standard that I hold myself to, not that I’m still not holding myself to that level, but the physical fact that it’s hard to rip off blocks or defeat tackles with one hand. I’m still able to here and there, but that’s the most difficult part, knowing you could be that much greater without injury. I think you take it as it is; injuries are part of the game and this is one of those freak accidents and it won’t be long lasting.

LJ11

Whoa that was Lee? That was pretty damn quick/speed there
There's no question that he's the fastest player on the field on most days. He just needs to stay healthy, decrease his drops, and run more routes.

Going to try and watch Mack without falling asleep.

Top Bottom