• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Too bad Carr and Manziel can't get fat first round contracts anymore. At least they can probably still make money playing as backups after they go bust.

Draconian

Raji is complete fucking garbage, Pickett is old, Jolly is a run-stuffer.
The line is just completely wrong for the scheme/getting pressure.

The only use we get out of Raji is when we put him in the goalline package. Our D-line is terrible and we need to focus on that in the draft next year.

Turned on the old PS3 tonight to start playing Beyond Two Souls after spending some time with Mario 3D World earlier this afternoon.

- I booted up and was required to do a system update
- I went into the PS store and had to do a 32mb update to even open the store.
- Downloaded the PSN+ games I wanted
- Put in Beyond
- Download and installed an 84 and 48 mb patch.
- Met with an installation screen as data from the disc has to be installed to start the game.

30 minutes and I still haven't started playing.

Fuck me, I miss the PS4 already! DAT next gen convenience.

Looking at old pictures with the family and I stumbled into this gem:

image.jpg

Guess who the kid in the Dolphins hoodie is? Tracing back to the roots of my bad life decisions...

Milchjon

Have to be up in 3.5 hours, can't sleep, watching No Reservations. Dominican Republic seems like a must visit place.

The Ozarks episode seems kinda boring, but it also made me realize that that Missouri/Arkansas area is one of the few blind spots in the US for me where I have no idea what the country and the culture is like. Not like I know lots about other places, but I usually at least have an image in my head.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Played through and beat Mass Effect 2 for the first time today, what a great game.

The Mass Effect series is amazing.

You'll also get the "improved" Mass Effect 3 ending when you get there and will be spared most of the outrage that a lot of us endured.

Still a bad ending, just less so.

Have to be up in 3.5 hours, can't sleep, watching No Reservations. Dominican Republic seems like a must visit place.

The Ozarks episode seems kinda boring, but it also made me realize that that Missouri/Arkansas area is one of the few blind spots in the US for me where I have no idea what the country and the culture is like. Not like I know lots about other places, but I usually at least have an image in my head.

I love that show. I like his Asian episodes a lot.

I made the mistake of playing ME1 after playing ME2 (and 3). It's aged TERRIBLY.
The gameplay was always a little sloppy but I love how it lets you travel to all those little planets and explore more than 2 and 3. I was disappointed when the series shifted towards focusing more on the characters than exploring the world.

Milchjon

I love that show. I like his Asian episodes a lot.

Yeah. This show, along with Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and Good Eats (my favorite) has been helping me fall asleep for like a year now. I think I've seen the majority of the episodes now. Dunno why, but I love food shows late at night.
I'm not a stoner, I swear!

Yeah. This show, along with Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and Good Eats (my favorite) has been helping me fall asleep for like a year now. I think I've seen the majority of the episodes now. Dunno why, but I love food shows late at night.
Don't worry, obsession with food channels sounds perfectly normal to us Americans.

Eleuin

The Mass Effect series is amazing.

You'll also get the "improved" Mass Effect 3 ending when you get there and will be spared most of the outrage that a lot of is endured.

Still a bad ending, just less so.
I've somehow avoided everything surrounding the ME3 ending controversy so I'm pretty pumped

I made the mistake of playing ME1 after playing ME2 (and 3). It's aged TERRIBLY.

The gameplay was always a little sloppy but I love how it lets you travel to all those little planets and explore more than 2 and 3. I was disappointed when the series shifted towards focusing more on the characters than exploring the world.
Yeah I think I fucked up by not playing ME1 first but I rationalized I didnt have the time for it (just used the comic lol)
Having never played it the world exploration seems really cool and a valid complaint I've read around for 2

Ever see any of Bourdain's new series Parts Unknown? Less of a focus on food outright, but its great.

Solder's out for tomorrow. lulz :( Brady gonna be hit and ducking ghosts all day.

The 1st Mass Effect was one of my favorite games of the generation.
First ME had a great vibe to it. There was the politicking but also a foreboding sense of mystery and slight horror. Really fun game even if it was frustrating and somewhat incomplete at times.

ME2 had the more sound mechanics but was a completely disjointed mess, narratively speaking. With the scaled back RPG elements and overt pandering, it's in my Top 10 most hated games of all time.

Never played ME3 because of the rubbish in 2.

Milchjon

Ever see any of Bourdain's new series Parts Unknown? Less of a focus on food outright, but its great.

Like 3 or four episodes. Koreatown (I think) was great.

In general I'm not a huge fan of him attempting to go all serious. It was the worst part of No Reservations to me already.

Like 3 or four episodes. Koreatown (I think) was great.

In general I'm not a huge fan of him attempting to go all serious. It was the worst part of No Reservations to me already.

I think his more serious bits are pretty good. No Reservations probably had to be dialed back given the network it was on, but his more serious episodes on Parts Unknown (Myanmar, Libya, Congo, etc) are some of my favorite episodes of the series

What's up with the o-line? I thought the tackles were back last week?

Cannon the now starting RT (after Vollmer's season ended) was back, but Solder was the starting LT. They shifted Mankins over when Solder left last game, and besides him the interior line hasn't been all that great.

cashman

Banned

Bizarre Foods is one of my favorites. I've also been watching Fresh off the Boat with Eddie Huang online which is a little bit different since they focus a little bit more on the culture and Eddie's personality can be a turnoff for some people.

Top Bottom