• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

squicken

If fucking Hoyer and JCamp are throwing Gordon the ball next year, I'll buy his weed for him so he can get through the year
Ideally I'd like us to get the 3rd/4th pick. We take a Qb with that pick, but Hoyer or Campbell still start. Unless the rookie really impresses. Just cause we take a Qb in the top half dosent mean he has to start right away, probably the best situation for a Qb to come into from the draft is here. He can sit and learn from Hoyer and Campbell, I'm sure Hoyers learned some things from lady Brady. Also we kind of have the luxury to take a Qb anywhere at that top round of the draft because of our second 1st. We can grab a wr or weapon to pair with Gordon or best MLB or safety available. Campbell and or Hoyer can win enough games with A better more stable set of offensive weapons to compete next year.
We have 2 1st, a 2nd , 2 3rds, and 2 4ths to add talent in the upcoming draft.

cdyhybrid

SMH at people giving on HoyerOF already! You saw what happened this season when Worst Harbs dumped Tinyhands for flash in the pan Kaep.

Hoyer is probably Cassel 2.0

Steelers could draft Mike Evans.

And I'm not surprised Niner fans have tasted piss. California is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I'd love to have Bell although I've always thought he was pretty small.

He's a luxury 3rd down back I'd love to have but we have Harris.

Can't wait for his (re)coming out party next year.

harris-td-celebration45xiq.gif

bionic77

It's hard for me to say at this point. He's only 25, but can anybody point to any one big game he's actually won? He has some of the best weapons in the league and yet his completion percentage is under 60. This falls into line with what he's been doing his entire career. He just doesn't look like he's improved from season to season as much as he should have and things like sidearming the ball should've been expunged years ago.
Fatty and Schwarz were literally gifted the division on a platter and they both shat the bed losing to some shitty ass teams over the last month.

I feel like in the NFL you can definitely get better but at the same time your careers are so short that you either have it or you don't. Fatty has been given many chances over several years and he continues to fail to deliver. He is still not garbage but he is also not an elite qb.

Lamarr Woodley is likely out for the season.
Probably also done as a Steeler. Seemed like all his numbers were mostly a byproduct of just playing with Harrison. Harrison got all the attention and Woodely got the leftovers. Once Harrison was done Woodley was never able to step up and fill that void. Hell our defense has never been the same without beast Harrison, who in my opinion is an all time Steelers great on defense, and that is actually saying something.

God damn. Niner fans be nasty as fuck.

Syrinx

Thinking about the draft for the Bucs, more than anything I want a weapon for Glennon since we are not very deep at all at WR or TE. So either a guy like Watkins or Amaro. But do any of the highly ranked offensive tackles have experience at right tackle? I know Matthews does, but he's probably gone before the Bucs can take him.

Probably also done as a Steeler. Seemed like all his numbers were mostly a byproduct of just playing with Harrison. Harrison got all the attention and Woodely got the leftovers. Once Harrison was done Woodley was never able to step up and fill that void. Hell our defense has never been the same without beast Harrison, who in my opinion is an all time Steelers great on defense, and that is actually saying something.

Yeah, I don't think so. Woodley's problem was twofold - one, he got lazy when he signed his contract and started to balloon in weight, and two, his leg conditioning is awful. Two offseasons ago Wood admitted he doesn't work out his legs during the season. Is it any wonder why he gets so many calf and hamstring injuries?!

Thinking about the draft for the Bucs, more than anything I want a weapon for Glennon since we are not very deep at all at WR or TE. So either a guy like Watkins or Amaro. But do any of the highly ranked offensive tackles have experience at right tackle? I know Matthews does, but he's probably gone before the Bucs can take him.

Mike Evans then. JFF favorite!!!

bionic77

Yeah, I don't think so. Woodley's problem was twofold - one, he got lazy when he signed his contract and started to balloon in weight, and two, his leg conditioning is awful. Two offseasons ago Wood admitted he doesn't work out his legs during the season. Is it any wonder why he gets so many calf and hamstring injuries?!
Gotta fucking earn that big money and he never did.

This is the wrong sport for that attitude. No guaranteed contracts like baseball and basketball. Woodleys ass is going to be cut after this year.

I do wonder how good he could have been if he put forth the effort and had the desire to be the best, but you can say that of a ton of players. Thats why you have to love a guy like Harrison. He is a nobody who never should have made it, and yet was the best defensive player in football for a few years and he did it through sheer force of will.

Yeah, Dulac of the Post Gazette made a great argument on the radio today for unloading Woodley. He's missed too many games to injury over the last three seasons and the Steelers will actually save cash, despite the dead money. I was unsure what they would do with him, but this injury pretty much seals his fate.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Buckethead outdoes himself every week. Amazing OP and great video. Let's go Packers! I say I almost have the audacity to hope we'll make it in.

Draconian

Fatty and Schwarz were literally gifted the division on a platter and they both shat the bed losing to some shitty ass teams over the last month.

I feel like in the NFL you can definitely get better but at the same time your careers are so short that you either have it or you don't. Fatty has been given many chances over several years and he continues to fail to deliver. He is still not garbage but he is also not an elite qb.

Yeah, there really is no excuse for them not winning the division this year. When both of the teams you are competing against lose their starting QB's for well over a month, it's pretty embarrassing that they aren't even in the driver's seat right now. If they don't make the playoffs, Schwartz and possibly Mayhew are gone.

At this point, I don't know who can coach the Lions next year. I keep hearing names thrown out there but they're either pie-in-the-sky ones (Gruden! Cowher! Marty Schottenheimer! Yes, some guy said that.) or huge risks (any college coach, Rex Ryan. Yes, some guy said that. -_-).

I just don't see any names out there that instill faith in me as a Lions fan, period. It's like we have a shit sandwich right now, and our only option is to go out and buy a new shit sandwich.

cdyhybrid

At this point, I don't know who can coach the Lions next year. I keep hearing names thrown out there but they're either pie-in-the-sky ones (Gruden! Cowher! Marty Schottenheimer! Yes, some guy said that.) or huge risks (any college coach, Rex Ryan. Yes, some guy said that. -_-).

I just don't see any names out there that instill faith in me as a Lions fan, period. It's like we have a shit sandwich right now, and our only option is to go out and buy a new shit sandwich.

Shanahan.

NFL.com weekly rankings:

Dolphins move to number 10!!:
It's not an exaggeration to say their win over the Patriots came on the shoulders of the best game of Ryan Tannehill's career -- 25-of-37 for 312 yards and three touchdowns (to zero interceptions), with a sparkling average of 8.43 yards per attempt. When the Texas A&M product got rid of the ball, the offense moved. Too often this season, the Dolphins did not accomplish that, with a less effective Tannehill under center. He came into the game averaging six-plus yards per toss. Now, if we can just get the sack total down. Tannehill's been sacked a league-high 51 times this season -- that's getting hammered.

And of course we get no credit for beating the pats:

Not sure you can blame their loss to the Dolphins on Rob Gronkowski's absence. The Patriots gained 453 yards without him, converting nine of 17 third-down attempts in the process. The secondary has to play a lot better -- those guys made Ryan Tannehill look like Tom Brady on Sunday. He's more of a Tony Eason type.

NFL.com weekly rankings:

Dolphins move to number 10!!:
It's not an exaggeration to say their win over the Patriots came on the shoulders of the best game of Ryan Tannehill's career -- 25-of-37 for 312 yards and three touchdowns (to zero interceptions), with a sparkling average of 8.43 yards per attempt. When the Texas A&M product got rid of the ball, the offense moved. Too often this season, the Dolphins did not accomplish that, with a less effective Tannehill under center. He came into the game averaging six-plus yards per toss. Now, if we can just get the sack total down. Tannehill's been sacked a league-high 51 times this season -- that's getting hammered.

And of course we get no credit for beating the pats:

Not sure you can blame their loss to the Dolphins on Rob Gronkowski's absence. The Patriots gained 453 yards without him, converting nine of 17 third-down attempts in the process. The secondary has to play a lot better -- those guys made Ryan Tannehill look like Tom Brady on Sunday. He's more of a Tony Eason type.

You guys got credit in the Dolphins blurb. You cant have our blurb too.

Farooq

Banned
827807012.0_standard_709.0.gif

This is an amazing GIF because is encapsulates the reactions of an entire fanbase at that particular moment in time.

Tenumi

Banned

I still want Rex Ryan, but the likely 3-4 switch would kill any chance of that, or any chance of competing soon.

LionsGAF would collectively kill themselves if this happened.

Yeah, probably.

Agreed 100%. I'm honestly starting to hate FF, it is taking over the majority of NFL discussion and I find it quite irritating. It's at least 80% luck for one thing.

I gave up Fantasy Football this year. First year in the past couple I haven't done it. Not regretting it one bit.

Thats the worst thing I have seen since lunch when I saw the guy wearing the Hernandez jersey.

Jesus I can't believe Gata has family in PA. Makes sense they live in Reading but that is still a scary thought. :(

Whoa now, I love the Pats but I would never wear a Hernandez jersey.

Agreed 100%. I'm honestly starting to hate FF, it is taking over the majority of NFL discussion and I find it quite irritating. It's at least 80% luck for one thing.

I'd say it's entirely luck, I have a terrible team and I got into the final because I had Jamal Charles lol

You guys got credit in the Dolphins blurb. You cant have our blurb too.

I want your blurb damn it!

Talamius

Tried it for 2 years a while back and gave it up. It completely ruined my enjoyment of the game. I did fairly well too, playoffs one year, championship game the second. Rooting for garbage time yards/points was ridiculous.

Top Bottom