• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Trey

Agreed 100%. I'm honestly starting to hate FF, it is taking over the majority of NFL discussion and I find it quite irritating. It's at least 80% luck for one thing.

Easy to ignore and people enjoy it.

But I'll be damned if it doesn't exemplify a certain mindset inherent in almost all of us who enjoy watching football: that most of us have a vapid attachment to these players and only care about them as far as their football career goes. It sucks when you see people's first reaction to a player's major injury be "fuck, there goes my FF team/season!" but we all do that to some degree a bit more subtly.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
At this point, I don't know who can coach the Lions next year. I keep hearing names thrown out there but they're either pie-in-the-sky ones (Gruden! Cowher! Marty Schottenheimer! Yes, some guy said that.) or huge risks (any college coach, Rex Ryan. Yes, some guy said that. -_-).

I just don't see any names out there that instill faith in me as a Lions fan, period. It's like we have a shit sandwich right now, and our only option is to go out and buy a new shit sandwich.

49ers had to take a chance at hiring a college coach. It worked out pretty well. I think Chip Kelly is going to do wonders for the Eagles, too. I really think a college coach isn't a bad idea, but I think the team needs a disciplinarian or at least someone who has experience in fixing problems like this. That's why (even though it's a dream) Gruden would be fantastic, and I think Billick could get the job done, too.

Ray Horton would be a good fit in Detroit

He probably would.

Shanahan.

You, sir, are a laugh riot.

XiaNaphryz said:
So who gets let go first? Schiano? Schwartz? Shanahan?

I don't think Schiano is going anywhere, and I still have a horrible feeling they retain Schwartz. Shanahan is gone the minute the season is over.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Agreed 100%. I'm honestly starting to hate FF, it is taking over the majority of NFL discussion and I find it quite irritating. It's at least 80% luck for one thing.

It's the nitwits that take their fantasy teams far too seriously that ruin the fun for the rest of us.

ShaneB

Matches up pretty well with my un-scientific observations. SNF and TNF are my favorite announcing crews.

I still love Gruden though.

TNF? As in Thursday Night Football? Favourite?? Is this a typo???? Mayock and Nessler sound so bored.

I'm not going to predict one way or the other, but I could see either of those teams beating Seattle, too. The Seahawks have had a lot of games that could have been losses if a single play changed directions. A loss by a field goal or touchdown in a game where the offense was hamstrung isn't too far-fetched.

Yeah, the Bucs game will stick out in my mind that it's still a Football game and anything can happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Matches up pretty well with my un-scientific observations. SNF and TNF are my favorite announcing crews.

I still love Gruden though.

Mayock is the worst. Never shuts up and says "I was watching this guy's tape..." about 500 times a game.

bionic77

this is what I imagine the population of Wisconsin looks like
I don't agree.

I don't believe that hipsters, black people, or women's suffrage have reached the Midwest or Wisconsin yet.

Also even cconi cancer patients are way fatter than that. A 20 piece nugget is an appetizer over there.

Nothing about that says sconi to me. The purse, the clothes, and the weight are all wrong.

Easy to ignore and people enjoy it.

But I'll be damned if it doesn't exemplify a certain mindset inherent in almost all of us who enjoy watching football: that most of us have a vapid attachment to these players and only care about them as far as their football career goes. It sucks when you see people's first reaction to a player's major injury be "fuck, there goes my FF team/season!" but we all do that to some degree a bit more subtly.
I get tired of all the passive aggressive FF comments.

"Man, the Dolphins really don't like throwing to Wallace, huh?"

"What's up with CJ Spiller today? 100 yards and no TD's, that's kind of weird."

"WHY WOULD YOU PASS FROM THE TWO YARD-LINE WHEN YOU HAVE FRANK GORE!?"

The worst is when it starts infecting your own fanbase. When I see Dolphins fans complain about the "wrong" WR or RB getting a TD it makes me want to punch them in the face. I guess I'm just too sensitive, haha.

It's the nitwits that take their fantasy teams far too seriously that ruin the fun for the rest of us.
Yep. I enjoy it for what it is but the obsession some people have over it just rubs me the wrong way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dez left sideline early to hide tears:

When quarterback Tony Romo threw his second interception of the fourth quarter, game officials reviewed the pick by Tramon Williams. After the interception was confirmed Bryant walked to the locker room.

Bryant said he didn't want to start crying on the sidelines because he was so upset as the reason why he left the field.

Jerry Jones agrees with Romo's decisions:

Jones, however, said he agreed with Romo's decision, asserting that the Cowboys needed to show "aggressiveness" to answer the Packers' comeback bid.

"I was for the aggressiveness we showed ... and it can apply to many parts of the game," Jones said. "But in this particular case, aggressiveness was throwing the ball on our end of the field -- throwing the ball in there close.

"Aggressiveness with Romo can mean not throw the ball but buy more time, which increases the chances of having a bad play."

Jones said he understands the decision by Romo and finds fault instead with the quarterback's throw.

Tom Penny

Stafford gets too much heat. He put up monster numbers and made Megatron a superstar who shit the bed on perfect passes last night.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers 1m

We have placed LaMarr Woodley on IR and signed linebacker Jamaal Westerman to fill the roster spot.

Who?

Stafford gets too much heat. He put up monster numbers and made Megatron a superstar who shit the bed on perfect passes last night.

:kas

Greg

I get tired of all the passive aggressive FF comments.

"Man, the Dolphins really don't like throwing to Wallace, huh?"

"What's up with CJ Spiller today? 100 yards and no TD's, that's kind of weird."

"WHY WOULD YOU PASS FROM THE TWO YARD-LINE WHEN YOU HAVE FRANK GORE!?"

The worst is when it starts infecting your own fanbase. When I see Dolphins fans complain about the "wrong" WR or RB getting a TD it makes me want to punch them in the face. I guess I'm just too sensitive, haha.

Yep. I enjoy it for what it is but the obsession some people have over it just rubs me the wrong way.
Dutch just told me to fine you for your FF hate

I choose 12 dollars and 50 cents

Plinko

Lions/Jim Schwartz press conference keeps getting delayed. Was supposed to be at 1:00.

Too much to hope he's cleaning out his office?

bionic77

Serious question.

The Ravens are obviously the luckiest team in football right now. They have the right combination of balls, luck, bribes and deer piss and look like they could go on the road and fluke their way to victory against anyone right now.

Are they the best team in the AFC going into the playoffs?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Serious question.

The Ravens are obviously the luckiest team in football right now. They have the right combination of balls, luck, bribes and deer piss and look like they could go on the road and fluke their way to victory against anyone right now.

I don't think your jinx attempt is going to work.

Striker

Serious question.

SD could be scary if they make it in, but that might not be likely with Miami and Baltimore in the way.

Gigglepoo

The worst thing that could happen to the Lions is eking into the playoffs. They're not going to fire Shwartz after making the playoffs.

Crisco

Banned
At this point, I don't know who can coach the Lions next year. I keep hearing names thrown out there but they're either pie-in-the-sky ones (Gruden! Cowher! Marty Schottenheimer! Yes, some guy said that.) or huge risks (any college coach, Rex Ryan. Yes, some guy said that. -_-).

I just don't see any names out there that instill faith in me as a Lions fan, period. It's like we have a shit sandwich right now, and our only option is to go out and buy a new shit sandwich.

With all the money invested in Stafford, they need to find someone who can fix him. An offensive coordinator or a college coach that's consistently produced good QBs. Aaron Kromer has done good work with McCown and that offense in Chicago, I'd give him a look. Maybe Doug Pederson from KC. I definitely wouldn't hire a defensive guy.

cdyhybrid

Christmas is coming for me in January:

WTbehnq.jpg

Tom Penny

Schwartz sucks. But compared to matt millen as GM he is belichick lombardi and landry wrapped in one as a coach. How long did it take to clip millen? Good luck lions.

bionic77

Lacy versus Bell.

Which RB will have the better day? They are both going against garbage defenses. GB is soft and our defense is over the hill.

I just hope that Rodgers does not play against us. Fucking Tammy dropped 50 on our washed up D. A real qb like Fraudgers might hit 70. :(

Lacy versus Bell.

Which RB will have the better day? They are both going against garbage defenses. GB is soft and our defense is over the hill.

I just hope that Rodgers does not play against us. Fucking Tammy dropped 50 on our washed up D. A real qb like Fraudgers might hit 70. :(

I'm confident in our chances.

I wasn't earlier in the year when our Defense couldn't stop a cold, but the offense is performing so well that they could easily keep up with the Pack.

I'm probably going to win our league and it's my first year and I'm clueless. I'd say it's closer to 95% luck. The other 5% is having a good draft and working the waiver to your advantage.

gutshot

Back to being shit scared for the game against the Bears.

Just when I started to believe in this team...

sigh

Really hope offense, defense, special teams, and especially Chip all bring their A game against the Bears.

I am afraid of those WRs against our secondary.

But losing the game means nothing. We wouldn't be eliminated from the playoffs even if Dallas wins. This game is basically a freebie.

rando14

I'm probably going to win our league and it's my first year and I'm clueless. I'd say it's closer to 95% luck. The other 5% is having a good draft and working the waiver to your advantage.

Hey man I'm going to try to put up a fight in the championship!! :cool:

Top Bottom