• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

For the Dolphins:

-Ireland and Ross needs to go
-Get rid of Sherman and find a better OC
-Give Philbin another year. If nothing improves, then fire his ass and let him go back to GB.
-Give Tannehill another 1-2 years. Again, if nothing improves, then fire his ass.
-OL needs a MAJOR overhaul
Agreed. I'll be surprised if Ross fires himself, though.

effzee

Who thinks Reid is a good coach? And I think Chip is a good coach, but there is no "revolution". Play a few backup linemen and that tempo isn't so easy to keep up

What? Everyone and their mother thinks Reid is a good coach. Most people outside of Philly think he is one of the best ever, that the Eagles should have never let him go, and all I heard when the Chiefs were 5-0 was "oh bet you guys miss him now".

Hell even I think he is a good coach. Just not great. Not someone who I would trust to win a SB.

But now that we are both in the dance, it would be amazing to see Eagles-Chiefs in the SB.

The very post you quote I said Chip is a good coach. I pump the brakes on OMG hyperbole that seems to get tossed on whatever is sold as the next big thing or player or team b/c it almost never is

While true who here is actually saying this? Or even on the Eagles?

Its only the analysts who build up this BS narrative which they than measure the teams against.

Congrats to Lions and Bucs gaf!

Loving the Joker gifs DM!

Listening to this Banner-Haslem press conference "I hate when I see same ol Browns in the papers" LOL

Seems like the main reason is that more so than the wins, they just felt there was no improvement or development at all on the team. Banner looks less sinister with this hobo beard.

He looked downright evil with the Eagles. Good luck Browns with him at the helm. So glad we got rid of him and Reid too.

Atlanta radio chiming in.
Prevalent feeling that the Falcons organization may lose 1-2 people to these recent vacancies. Rich McKay and Mike Nolan seem likely candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk Koetter leaves either.

Wasn't Koetter considered last off season too?

The Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans and St. Louis Rams were chosen to attend the Chick-fil-A Bowl between Duke and Texas A&M.
A lottery system is employed by the NFL for all bowl game evaluation credentials, so we bet many more wanted to attend the event. Three of the four could be considering a quarterback fairly early in the draft.
JFF, Mike Evans, Matthews, Etc

jakncoke

Banned
hey jakncoke

You are a Schiano man.

tumblr_mxwd4wSAW61t1ysveo1_400.gif

:(

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10215392/miami-dolphins-expected-make-changes-late-season-collapse

Philbin defended his coaching staff, particularly Sherman, who is his close friend and mentor. Philbin declined to say whether he will be willing to fire Sherman if asked by ownership or the general manager.

"Mike Sherman is an excellent football coach," Philbin said Monday during his season-ending press conference. "That's what I think."
I wonder if this could turn into a situation where if Sherman goes Philbin won't want to stay?

I don't want Lovie Smith. Gimme Whisenhunt bros.

Fixing this offense/Stafford should be top priority. Our defense needs a better secondary but we have some young developing talent there; Slay really improved, and Bently could be decent. Delmas needs to go. Constantly late on plays, takes chances, and wreckless late tackler. Also we need another DT. Willie Young is a backup at best. Ziggy has promise, and hopefully Jason Jones returns healthy next year but I'd still like a new DT.

I think Mike Evans is great but I don't like first round WR picks. I'd rather go for a good CB or a LB that can get pressure on QBs. Not sure if there are any DTs wort taking at 10, so second or third round would make sense. I do think we need another WR - IMO Burelson will be gone, Broyles is one injury away from being out of the NFL, and the rest aren't #2 WR quality. Still, I don't trust Mayhew picking WRs. Young was a bust and Broyles probably is too. Both had character or injury issues that should have been red flags.

It shouldn't be hard to look decent opposite of Megatron. The problem is that Stafford can't make someone good, like Peyton/Brady or even Eli. Which is why I'd put more focus on fixing his mechanics than giving him another first round offensive toy to overthrow.

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh God. Who let this guy in. "I'm not a sports guy. I'm just a voice of the fans." - How did he ever become a journalist?

Bowser

Everyone this morning is calling Randall Cobb Reggie Cobb for some reason.

What the fuck??

iXxfZaYq7e5G9.jpg

I think it's a play/rib on Bill Simmons. He kept calling Cobb "Reggie Cobb" on his podcast for some reason, couldn't remember his name was Randall. It became a running joke.

According to this Browns presser, the Browns (a team that hasn't won a title in 50 years, and hasn't even been to the playoffs in a decade) are now playoffs or bust.

Hmmm...OK

No one is fired on the Dolphins yet. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

That stupid asshole Ireland needs to be gone already. And fuck this band together we all believe in each other shit. Philbin wants to keep Sherman too bad, your both fired.

effzee

After the game last night Jerry was asked about Garrett coming back and he said it wasnt the right time or place to discuss it, so I wonder what that means.

Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if he is let go or brought back. Jerry left it open.

What's the word out of Tennessee? Not only do we not discuss them here, seems like even ESPN/NFLN don't bother.

I don't follow college football. What possible coaching candidates besides Brien are looking to make the jump to the NFL? Who are the hot commodities? Shaw seems pretty settled at Stanford but that just might be talk and we all know money talks best.

Wes

venison crêpe
Banner just said "Unlikely that one from last year's search to be a candidate this year".

That's a no to McDaniels and Whisenhunt then? Who the hell does that even leave?

Bowser

Steve Doerschuk ‏@sdoerschukREP 6m
One verbatim question to Haslam: "Can you assure the fans they don't have The Three Stooges running this organization?"

lol omg

squicken

Twitter hinting that Haley is gone, and that Mayhew and Schwartz hated each other. Schwartz meddled in personnel (not sure how that would work).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What the hell was the coverage doing? Did Conte think he had someone up top to cover the deep zone? Why even bother covering the flat with the corner there?

iq7kGdcP5vtLt.gif

Doomsayer

What the hell was the coverage doing? Did Conte think he had someone up top to cover the deep zone?

http://i.minus.com/iq7kGdcP5vtLt.gif[img][/QUOTE]

It's just Conte being Conte, he is terrible at football.

I don't see why the Browns would fire Chud, seemed like Cleveland was competitive in most games. Oh well, Browns gonna Browns.

Steve Doerschuk ‏@sdoerschukREP 6m
One verbatim question to Haslam: "Can you assure the fans they don't have The Three Stooges running this organization?"

lol omg
Yeah, the Cleveland Media came hard hitting today. A lot of frustration built up from everyone though

Top Bottom