• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

RBH

Rams GM Les Snead made it clear that, with the second pick, the Rams are open for business. He’d like to get an extra first-rounder out of the deal if possible, and with a major bargaining chip like Jadeveon Clowney or Teddy Bridgewater (if the Louisville quarterback comes out, as expected) in play, he may be able to reach his goal. “There are going to be some teams that want to pick a quarterback,” said Snead, “and that could increase the value of our pick. I have told people I’m not sure I know how to draft without multiple first-round picks, so I’m always going to be interested when it comes to making sure I can continue to do that.”
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/30/aaron-rodgers-rob-chudzinski-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

SonnyBoy

I'm completely indifferent about Mike S. being fired. The owner is the same, we'll get the same result. The definition of insanity.

RBH

Hey RBH, I have a present for you.

iJQi7fiS2zp1h.gif

The Schiano meme was fun while it lasted. :(

I know you must be devastated by this news, DM.

Wrayfield

The Steelers were a Sanders drop and Brown pinkie toe from going undefeated in the second half of the season. Not that they deserved to win those games, but it's a long way from how the year began. Really saw some improvements.

Awesome avatar. Addarallatar!

The Steelers were a Sanders drop and Brown pinkie toe from going undefeated in the second half of the season. Not that they deserved to win those games, but it's a long way from how the year began. Really saw some improvements.

Fire Tomlin and Haley!

Really looking forward to next season. Not terribly excited to see a mediocre Steelers defense (though they showed great progress in the second half, amazing what a pass rush gets you) though that offense should be killer, especially if we get a big WR in this draft.

I would be very interested in another Mike Nolan led team. I wouldn't say he was a good head coach for the 49ers, but he did do a few good things that helped get the team to where it is now.

Doorman

Regarding that Rams news, it seems awfully early in the process to be openly shopping your pick. If everyone knows you don't want any of the players at that spot I think it potentially harms their bargaining position somewhat. I'd also be worried about a general manager that admits they "don't think they can draft without multiple first-round picks." Ultimately isn't the goal to be able to sustain some success with only a late-round first?

squicken

If the Rams play this right they are going to get very good very quickly. Someone will trade up to the 2, no question.

The Rams traded up for Tavon Austin and signed Jared Cook to run a spread offense, then had to abandon it when they didn't have the personnel to run it. They haven't had a receiver eclipse 700 yards receiving since 2008. They don't know how to draft/develop/deploy offensive players

Regarding that Rams news, it seems awfully early in the process to be openly shopping your pick. If everyone knows you don't want any of the players at that spot I think it potentially harms their bargaining position somewhat. I'd also be worried about a general manager that admits they "don't think they can draft without multiple first-round picks." Ultimately isn't the goal to be able to sustain some success with only a late-round first?

He's joking b/c the first thing he ever did was the RG3 trade. And they shopped that pick the moment they got it and their bargaining position was just fine

Still no news in Oaktown. Cant imagine Allen will be fired now with no shot at landing a top candidate with all the other more attractive jobs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Awesome avatar. Addarallatar!

Thank you.

Fire Tomlin and Haley!

Really looking forward to next season. Not terribly excited to see a mediocre Steelers defense (though they showed great progress in the second half, amazing what a pass rush gets you) though that offense should be killer, especially if we get a big WR in this draft.

Me, too. I think one of the biggest problems with the defense, other than a lack of talent at certain positions, was a lack of depth. Need to free up salary to keep some of the younger guys, even if they aren't slated to start. Bring in some cheap vets to hold down the fort.

For the Dolphins:

-Ireland and Ross needs to go
-Get rid of Sherman and find a better OC
-Give Philbin another year. If nothing improves, then fire his ass and let him go back to GB.
-Give Tannehill another 1-2 years. Again, if nothing improves, then fire his ass.
-OL needs a MAJOR overhaul

Smokey

I like how some fired coaches are getting mentioned for other jobs and ain't nobody said shit about kubiak. Not even possible OC somewhere lulz

U done goofed kubes

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stay away from Lovie or Zimmer, Tampa. He's the hero we need.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Several people close to Lovie Smith had told me in recent days that if the Tampa job opened up, it would have a particular allure to him

The Rams traded up for Tavon Austin and signed Jared Cook to run a spread offense, then had to abandon it when they didn't have the personnel to run it. They haven't had a receiver eclipse 700 yards receiving since 2008. They don't know how to draft/develop/deploy offensive players

He's joking b/c the first thing he ever did was the RG3 trade. And they shopped that pick the moment they got it and their bargaining position was just fine
The Rams do not have the QB of the future on their roster. They need to draft one...

squicken

That doesn't seem like the kind of guy Bruce Arians would want. I personally think they'll try for someone like Carr or maybe even Mccarron.

Arians will want a big arm, so I don't think McCarron fits. I think they roll with Palmer another year and try to find gold in the middle rounds

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Said yesterday Penn St was preparing for a big push to hire Greg Schiano, as they expect Bill O’Brien to leave. Nothing stopping them now.

Seems O'Brien all but gone. Sucks for jnc

Top Bottom