• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

I honestly think that Detroit job is super attractive to a veteran coach. They have a lot of talent but are just undisciplined. It could be a case where someone can come in right away and win, sort of like Gruden in Tampa Bay.

There's a ton of talent there.The right coach can go the distance near immediately.

:jnc @ all the fired coaches getting mentions as possible fits in cleveland

I was about to quip, which of today's casualties will land in the Browns job. :jnc

he's gone
daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

Mrbob

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
From @mortreport: Bucs will give consideration to reaching back to past, bringing back a Rich McKay-Lovie Smith tag team.

I told DM months ago Lovie is coming home. Take the OC hire out if his hands, grab a decent OC, and this is a great hire. Players love playing for Lovie and he knows his defense. He just has no clue on the offensive side if the ball.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just dragon punched my ceiling.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Jets beat the Dolphins to knock them out of the playoffs, finish 2nd in the AFC East, and still get the better draft pick?

Yesterday was a good day.

squicken

I honestly think that Detroit job is super attractive to a veteran coach. They have a lot of talent but are just undisciplined. It could be a case where someone can come in right away and win, sort of like Gruden in Tampa Bay.

Agree. Best job available, but a bad cap situation. Stuck with the big money guys. Houston is for a coach wanting to build, b/c the roster is just Watt as far as young talent

Tenumi

Banned
:jnc @ all the fired coaches getting mentions as possible fits in cleveland

I'm pretty sure I'm even a candidate for the Browns Head Coach job.

I'm gonna decline interview, though.

Be nice to have that kinda money, though. Not that I'm qualified to be a coach at any level...

Atlanta radio chiming in.
Prevalent feeling that the Falcons organization may lose 1-2 people to these recent vacancies. Rich McKay and Mike Nolan seem likely candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk Koetter leaves either.

Apparently there's a single guy standing outside of browns stadium with a sign that says "thanks for 15 years of pain and misery"
True story
*double sigh

eznark

Banned
Agree. Best job available, but a bad cap situation. Stuck with the big money guys. Houston is for a coach wanting to build, b/c the roster is just Watt as far as young talent

Bad cap
High expectations
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford

Nah I'd go to Washington.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS. Schwartz is gone. Longest exit interview ever.
He was too busy telling them about his unfinished business. Not even a Lions fan and I'm happy for them. I'd say the same for the Browns, but they'll find a way to perpetuate the hell hole cycle they exist in.

I'm pretty sure I'm even a candidate for the Browns Head Coach job.

I'm gonna decline interview, though.

Be nice to have that kinda money, though. Not that I'm qualified to be a coach at any level...

After the coaches that the Browns have had? You could probably take them to a wild card lose.

Chud on being fired:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m

Sad Chud statement: “I was shocked and disappointed to hear the news that I was fired. I am a Cleveland Brown to the core, & always will be”

First question on his next interview "Why should we hire you to be the HC of team X when your a Brown to the core?". ;)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions announce a 2 pm press conference for Mayhew. He's not going anywhere. YES

squicken

The Rams' GM said the #2 pick is for sale. He wants to pick up an additional first round pick for a team wanting a QB or Clowney.

Lions did the right thing, feels good man.

I hope to god the Browns don't make the mistake of hiring this man. You guys need someone who can help develop a young QB, not ruin his career.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Steelers were a Sanders drop and Brown pinkie toe from going undefeated in the second half of the season. Not that they deserved to win those games, but it's a long way from how the year began. Really saw some improvements.

Top Bottom