• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

They only played three playoff teams, and all of them were on the road. Two of the losses were by a combined 10 points. It's not that compelling a stat.

Winners win.

Last I checked the Eagles are a playoff team this year and GB lost at home to them. Obviously without Rodgers.

So the rams trade down 2-3 spots, get an additional 1st round pick, draft Watkins, draft some other position of need, then get a QB in the 2nd round while laughing at all the teams desperate for a QB drafting early and resulting in 2011 pt. 2. Perfect.

Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning die and go to heaven. They decide to watch MNF with God. First, God asks Brees, "What do you believe in?" Brees answers, "Well, I believe in family, hard work, and my Saints." God says to him, "Okay, sit here on my left." God next turns to Brady and asks, "What do you believe in?" Brady answers, "I believe in pegging, wearing Uggs, and trying my best every Sunday to impress Gisele." God says to him, "Good, sit here on my right." God then asks Peyton Manning, "What do you believe in?" Manning looks at God and says, "I believe you are in my seat."

HPhins54

Neo Member
Dolphins need to fire everyone from the gm down.

I will root for the failure of this team until Jeff Ireland is no longer employed by them.

eznark

Banned
Last I checked the Eagles are a playoff team this year and GB lost at home to them. Obviously without Rodgers.

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought that was in Philly. So two one score games on the road with Rodgers and one 14 point loss to The Greatest Football Team In The History of the Known Universe with Scott Tolzien starting.

Whatever.

eznark

Banned
That is weird. Are all other coaches they cover jerks? Or is Frazier so bad they felt particularly sorry for him. Maybe most coaches are jerks and that's what it takes to win?

Miguel told me they just say that about him because he is black. "Class act" is the new "well spoken" or some shit.

I told him I think it's because Chilly ate babies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@ RapSheet 5m
He’s right. # Browns RT @ BenTateRB: Carry on for the rest of my career thanks Htown for all the support but odds are I won't be back

Tate for HC!

eznark

Banned
I wonder how the Dolphins season would have gone if they hadn't witch hunted their best offensive linemen off the team? Crybaby Martin is going to cost a lot of people their jobs.

Miguel

Miguel told me they just say that about him because he is black. "Class act" is the new "well spoken" or some shit.

I told him I think it's because Chilly ate babies.

Chilly eating babies would be awful. But it's probably true.

That "Class Act" thing is from The League.

Wait a second... what year is this?

I hope they can re-sign Welker! With Hernandez healthy for a full off-season and Gronk ready to return we could have a great offense once again, especially if Vereen and Edelman get involved more. Keeping Talib is gonna be difficult, but maybe they sign him to a one year deal to keep the D together, maybe even with moving McCourty to safety permanently.

Wait...

@ RapSheet 5m
He’s right. # Browns RT @ BenTateRB: Carry on for the rest of my career thanks Htown for all the support but odds are I won't be back

Tate for HC!
I don't think paying for Tate makes sense, unless we get him on the cheap I don't want him. I don't trust that he can stay healthy.

gutshot

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought that was in Philly. So two one score games on the road with Rodgers and one 14 point loss to The Greatest Football Team In The History of the Known Universe with Scott Tolzien starting.

Whatever.

Glad to see you are finally giving Chip his dues.

For real though, I agree with you that the "wins over other playoff teams" stat is mostly misleading. The Eagles 3 losses against playoff teams were in the beginning of the year with Vick starting and a defense that was giving up 30+ points a game. The team that ended the season on a 7-1 run is a lot different than that one.

Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein 39s
Lewand said OC Scott Linehan and WR coach Tim Lappano have been fired as well.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber 6m
Giants owner John Mara said he told Tom Coughlin he wants the coach back in 2014. "We still have every confidence in him."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hold up, Lions bros: Lewand did NOT mention that Gunther Cunningham had been released.

Only Linehan and Schwartz.

Who cares about wins over playoff teams? The Dolphins beat every AFC playoff team they faced (Pats, Bengals, Colts, Chargers) and they suck.

GB has Rodgers therefore they have a legitimate shot at a SB. It's not complicated.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If any of them stay, I'd want Gunther to stay, most definitely.

Agreed. Sounds like he's under contract for next year.

Could it be the Lions have done the right thing for once?

I fully expect them to hire somebody ridiculous as HC now to even things out.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
lol at these people. "we let them know they are free to look for other employment"
is it that hard to say "yea we fired them"?

eznark

Banned
lol at these people. "we let them know they are free to look for other employment"
is it that hard to say "yea we fired them"?

Probably. I assume that language is all drafted by the NFL HR department.

BcwXwuOCYAAuPrR.jpg:large

Thanks Pep!!

bionic77

I have to go back to work (Google it you lazy bastards) and write another fucking brief to the Commonwealth Court (fuuuuuuuuuck that) but before I do I am going to give my precise and totally accurate postseason power rankings. These rankings take into consideration the quarterback, head coach, matchups, luck factor, clutch factor, home field, weather conditions, QBR, OVR and DVR. By far the most comprehensive that you can find on the internet.

Past history shows us that the 1 and 2 seeds are fucked. No way we are seeing Denver and Seattle in the Superbowl. At best only one of these teams has a legitimate chance of getting there (where they will probably lose to a 6 seed quarterbacked by a goober). And the chances are pretty good that none will make it.

Picking my one seed was the hardest. It was so hard to choose between the worst teams (by far the best indicator of future SB champ) because this season was special in that category. This year teams were historically special in how absolutely horrible they were, so it wasn't easy to pick the best of the worst. In the end it was very hard to pick between the Packers and San Diego. Both of whom are fucking horrible and required immense amounts of luck just to make it in. The Chargers make more sense because the Bungles are fucking frauds so that pushed me towards the Packers as the 1 seed because it makes absolutely no sense and sometimes that is the best pick of all.

1. Packers
2. Eagles
3. Chargers
4. Niners
5. Seahawks
6. Panthers
7. Colts
8. Broncos
9. Bungles
10. Saints
11. Chiefs
12. Jaguars
13. Patriots

Good to hear Mayhew blasting the team's performance over the last two years. You can't blow games. The culture needs to change, and that starts with turnovers.

Plinko

Good to hear Mayhew blasting the team's performance over the last two years. You can't blow games. The culture needs to change, and that starts with turnovers.

He hated Schwartz. You can see it.

Top Bottom