• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
iyQ0RSq4in6Ei.gif

The dream is dead.

Still no NFL to watch either. :/

coaches guaranteed to be fired:
1. jim schwartz
2. wade phillips (i guess if you want to see it as a firing)
3. leslie frazier
4. dennis allen
5. mike shanahan

coin flip firings:
1. greg schiano
2. jason garrett

Hammer24

Banned
1. jim schwartz
3. leslie frazier
4. dennis allen
5. mike shanahan

coin flip firings:
1. greg schiano
2. jason garrett

I see Schiano more on the safe side than Garrett. I just don´t buy Jones´ assurances.

i could see rex and coughlin both getting fired i guess. but i think the jets have played beyond what anyone expected. shit looked like one of the worst situations i can ever remember heading into the season and they were in the playoff hunt.

with coughlin you don't just turn into a garbage coach overnight. i would think giants management sees the brutal injury list and the fact that they didn't address depth on the team and realize its not on coughlin. who knows in this crazy NFL though!

one thing i do know is i hope mike singletary interviews and gets a head coaching job just so someone can join us in the embarrassing "hired mike singletary as a head coach one time" club :(

I think Schiano gets one more year. Not that I think he should, was a terrible hire from the start.

That defense is going to be nasty next year regardless of who the coach is

this is true. i also think the cards CAN'T face the packers because even though they hold a tie breaker against the saints, they wouldn't hold it over us even if they won so we would always be the 5th seed (if we win or new orleans loses)

Arizona lost to the Saints. They need a better record than them or they're out. 49ers have the tiebreaker over them so they're the 6th seed if they're in.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
F.E.A.R. 2 related:

If you're fighting some freaky supernatural little girl straight out of The Ring, why in the fuck would you go to an abandoned elementary school with just one squadmate? Why not go with a whole platoon? Better yet why not nuke it from orbit?

Solid game though other than some of that illogical BS.

Milchjon

Two players of the Houston Oilers 1993 team were openly gay (and no one cared)

Not only did the team know about the situation, but players accepted their gay teammates and did not outcast them.

"Listen, those guys that we're talking about were unbelievable teammates. And if you wanted to go to war with someone, you would get those guys first. Because I have never seen tougher guys than those guys," said Pro Bowl linebacker Lamar Lathon, who starred at the University of Houston. "And everybody in the locker room, the consensus knew or had an idea that things were not exactly right. But guess what? When they strapped the pads on and got on the field, man, we were going to war with these guys because they were unbelievable."

eznark

Banned
F.E.A.R. 2 related:

If you're fighting some freaky supernatural little girl straight out of The Ring, why in the fuck would you go to an abandoned elementary school with just one squadmate? Why not go with a whole platoon? Better yet why not nuke it from orbit?

Solid game though other than some of that illogical BS.

Just an FYI I'm not ignoring your invites, my computer was blown up by lightning so I'm just on steam for the sales on a laptop I use for work.

Also I'm ignoring your invites.

It's funny listening to mom's who bought their kids an XBox One bitching about having to have it on to watch TV and trying to use the interface. I'll be shocked if my wifes aunt doesn't return it... Or shoot it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah but he had a much better QB then Fatford.

Scott Mitchell was the original Fatford.

1. jim schwartz
3. leslie frazier
4. dennis allen
5. mike shanahan

coin flip firings:
1. greg schiano
2. jason garrett

I still don't see Shanahan getting fired with that weird contract he signed.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...rk-jets-want-end-miami-dolphins-playoff-hopes

Cromartie also said he relishes the idea of crushing the Dolphins' playoff hopes.

"This is our last game of the year," he said. "We want to make sure it's their last game, too."

The Jets are closing out their third consecutive season out of the playoffs, a drought that could get coach Rex Ryan fired, but they're trying to create various forms of motivation. They can finish .500, they can win on the road for only the second time and they can wreck a divisional rival's season.

"It's pretty much our Super Bowl," quarterback Geno Smith said.
Appropriately pathetic.

Draxal

i could see rex and coughlin both getting fired i guess. but i think the jets have played beyond what anyone expected. shit looked like one of the worst situations i can ever remember heading into the season and they were in the playoff hunt.

with coughlin you don't just turn into a garbage coach overnight. i would think giants management sees the brutal injury list and the fact that they didn't address depth on the team and realize its not on coughlin. who knows in this crazy NFL though!

one thing i do know is i hope mike singletary interviews and gets a head coaching job just so someone can join us in the embarrassing "hired mike singletary as a head coach one time" club :(

For the Giants, I think they blame the front office more than anything else, they missed on so many draft picks and let the offensive line decline by giving rotten contracts to vets (Snee/diehl) and struck out on the major free agent (Baas).

The only reason Coughlin might go, is that the Giants might be in a rebuild mode and he's very old.

Just an FYI I'm not ignoring your invites, my computer was blown up by lightning so I'm just on steam for the sales on a laptop I use for work.

It's funny listening to mom's who bought their kids an XBox One bitching about having to have it on to watch TV and trying to use the interface. I'll be shocked if my wifes aunt doesn't return it... Or shoot it.

:lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I was just sending out mass invites to GAFfers to play some L4D2. I hate playing with randoms who have no idea what they're doing, and I figured you were playing DOTA2 anyway.

Played with my brother and cousin and forgot how fun the game was if played with cooperation.

I want to start playing DOTA but then again I don't.

Not really.

We Bearly beat Chicago to get into the playoffs. We beat Philly by the skin of our beaks.
The only good thing about the defense was Jenkins returned and the DL clicked. It was getting more pressure on the QB and they were forced to get the ball out more quickly.

The whole vibe of the 2010 season was "why the fuck is the offense such a goddamn mess".
But no Bishop, no Jenkins, so I'm not expecting shit out of them.

You're too tough on that defense. They were good all year and picked up steam when they needed to. They weren't world beaters but I'm not sure why you're making it out like they sucked. The Dline wasn't the only thing that made them good, it was just that they were finally getting pressure in comparison to 2009 where all opposing QBs had hours in a nice clean pocket. The main thing that made them great was the secondary plus their ability to create turnovers and turn them into points. I know its hard to remember but Tramon was actually amazing for one season! And if anything the story of the season was the defense bailing out the offense, not the other way around. I'll always remember that defense fondly.

eznark

Banned
I got it last Tuesday, but I won't be home till tomorrow evening. I'll add you then, just PM me your PSN name.

I do! But I don't know if it will be possible. Last night there was a period where I couldn't even launch games!

By the way if anyone is looking for a PS4 I'll have an extra one come Monday that I'm just going to return to Best Buy or I'd sell it to a NFL Gaffer for cost+shipping.

I do! But I don't know if it will be possible. Last night there was a period where I couldn't even launch games!

By the way if anyone is looking for a PS4 I'll have an extra one come Monday that I'm just going to return to Best Buy or I'd sell it to a NFL Gaffer for cost+shipping.

Which games do you have? I only have Killzone and BF4 at the moment.

I PM'd you my PSN name when the PS4 launched in Best Country.

Added you.

Tamanon

Banned
My fiance was pretty sneaky this year after all. Guess she knows I don't pay attention to the closet much. Was looking for a shirt to wear today and saw the number 32 sticking out. She had bought me a MoJo Jags jersey for Christmas and was just waiting for me to notice it hanging out with my Mathis one. Took me two days past Christmas to even notice!

Now here's hoping he actually re-signs with the Jags!

I got BF4 first. But I'll get Fifa in a couple of weeks as well. You still playing with England?
I have BF4 also but I haven't messed with the MP much.

I haven't even played FIFA online yet, just doing manager mode. I like to take a one star team in English League Two and try to work them up to the Premier League over the course of multiple seasons. Right now I'm trying it with Bury because I like the name and their uniforms. It doesn't feel much different than FIFA 13 but the jump to 60 fps and 1080p is very nice.

Stop playing so defensive bro

#RIPLunchbox

He was terrible at Fifa, but he had a good heart.

I have BF4 also but I haven't messed with the MP much.

I haven't even played FIFA online yet, just doing manager mode. I like to take a one star team in English League Two and try to work them up to the Premier League over the course of multiple seasons. Right now I'm trying it with Bury because I like the name and their uniforms. It doesn't feel much different than FIFA 13 but the jump to 60 fps and 1080p is very nice.

Played some BF MP yesterday. Felt good, looks amazing. Still had some issues with joining the same game with my friends. Battlelog isn't working great yet.

WedgeX

Banned
1. jim schwartz
3. leslie frazier
4. dennis allen
5. mike shanahan

coin flip firings:
1. greg schiano
2. jason garrett

Please let number one come true.

I say this knowing that fate dictates that Rich Rod becomes the next coach, but still.

Who the hell is buying all those Tannehill jerseys?
New uniforms this year and he's the brightest young player on the roster (plus he's a QB).

I know I'll be dismissed as being biased but Tannehill has done a pretty admirable job this season considering what he's had to put up with. He has shown consistent improvement over the course of his first two seasons and I don't have any reason to believe he can't be successful long-term with a decent o-line and a serviceable running game (lol at those happening under Ireland, though).

Stats don't tell the whole picture but if you want a quick bit of evidence look at his passer rating over the course of the season. It's been trending up and it's been 84 or greater for 7 of the past 8 games (the recent Bills disaster is the only exception). So not only is he showing improvement, he's showing an increase in consistency.

I've been up and down on Tannehill all season but at this point I can honestly say he's the main reason the team has a shot at the playoffs. O-line is a disaster of historical proportions, running game is laughable, run d is horrendously bad, and the secondary has been spotty at best. Time to give the guy some credit.

Top Bottom