• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

RBH

The Xbox One is quite neat

3733733865_neat_spiderman_answer_1_xlarge.gif

I know Kelly has roots in the murder mitten but hard to imagine him leaving ND for Detroit.

Then again, I'm sure he'd be paid much more money.

I heard the love of that is the root of all something or other.

JABEE

It's the preemptive "I told you so" should the inevitable happen, Pat fans do it all the time.

No. I'll be too busy sobbing to act like a douche. I believe the Eagles have a great chance to win on Sunday. The Eagles can't let a Joe Webb or Matt Cassel situation happen again.

ShaneB

I'm rather tipsy. Fuck this crappy internet at home. Fuck anyone that thinks I'm a bandwagoner! I do my homework! Go Seahawks!!!! Fuck my new phone for dying randomly!

Extremely neat. Soon using it will become a part of your normal routine and you'll get pissed when you're at a TV that doesn't have an Xbone connected.

Has anyone here tried the NFL app with it yet? Too late for me to pick up this season (waiting for more games to drop.), but will definitely have it for next fall.

i wish MS would remove kinect or offer a bare bones xbone. i have no interest in the TV shit (i dont even have cable or satellite) but i really want to play killer instinct and dead rising. i'll wait you out MS!

i wish MS would remove kinect or offer a bare bones xbone. i have no interest in the TV shit (i dont even have cable or satellite) but i really want to play killer instinct and dead rising. i'll wait you out MS!

I like the Xbone's launch stuff better. I think Ryse looks sweet as hell, Dead Rising, and I want the full package of KI with the original Arcade release.

Where the hell is my T.J. Combo? :(

I like the Xbone's launch stuff better. I think Ryse looks sweet as hell, Dead Rising, and I want the full package of KI with the original Arcade release.

Where the hell is my T.J. Combo? :(

i have been hyped for KI since it was announced so i was always more interested in xbones launch. i have a ps4 and the launch games are alright overall. resogun is a great game, killzone is so-so. the other games i have are multiplatform games.

i do love ps4's simplistic approach as far as the system user interface. it's very fast and there aren't ads all over the place which i do appreciate. can't really find much fault with it except that for game invitations/messages it will still keep them there even after i've accepted the game invitation. example someone invites me to play nba 2k today. a week from now that invitation notice is still in my invites inbox.... not sure why they keep it there. it's not a big deal except when i login and it says "game invite" and i say oh ok then i look at its an invite from 3 days ago.

also one thing i love is how fast the downloads are. on ps3 i didn't get great speeds downloading and then i'd have to download everything THEN install it. when ps4 its extremely speedy and unloads it automatically. lots of room for improvement but i am pretty stoked with how sony managed the interface.

i have been hyped for KI since it was announced so i was always more interested in xbones launch. i have a ps4 and the launch games are alright overall. resogun is a great game, killzone is so-so. the other games i have are multiplatform games.

i do love ps4's simplistic approach as far as the system user interface. it's very fast and there aren't ads all over the place which i do appreciate. can't really find much fault with it except that for game invitations/messages it will still keep them there even after i've accepted the game invitation. example someone invites me to play nba 2k today. a week from now that invitation notice is still in my invites inbox.... not sure why they keep it there. it's not a big deal except when i login and it says "game invite" and i say oh ok then i look at its an invite from 3 days ago.

also one thing i love is how fast the downloads are. on ps3 i didn't get great speeds downloading and then i'd have to download everything THEN install it. when ps4 its extremely speedy and unloads it automatically. lots of room for improvement but i am pretty stoked with how sony managed the interface.

Sounds good! Great news about the fast downloads, gotta be better integration. I'm hoping for an Infamous bundle to buy my PS4. Then hope there's a Kinectless Xbone by next fall so I can have my sister for next season.

Sounds good! I'm hoping for an Infamous bundle to buy my PS4. Then hop there's a Kinectless Xbone by next fall so I can have my sister for next season.

looking back on it, as i do after every launch (i buy most launch systems.... the only 2 i didn't buy at launch in history were ps3 and xbone), it is pretty stupid to buy a system at launch. i'm not sure why i still do it, guess i get caught up in the hype.

i bought wiiU at launch and literally did not turn the system on from about feb to august. now at the end of 2013 it is packed with awesome games. i didn't buy ps3 at launch but by the time i bought it there were quite a few great games. it took 360 a good year or so to have great games. 3ds was mostly junk early on. and on and on and on.

i'm pretty pumped about playing killer instinct though. i'm planning on getting an xbone in march when they release the story mode/additional characters for KI. i'll probably be able to find dead rising at discount at that time and then titan fall will show up shortly after. i still don't understand what the NFL app on xbone does. do you get sunday ticket free or at least NFL network?

RBH

You should sell your PS4 and use the money to buy an Xbox One and then make a thread about it on Gaming side and watch the subsequent reactions. For the lolz

looking back on it, as i do after every launch (i buy most launch systems.... the only 2 i didn't buy at launch in history were ps3 and xbone), it is pretty stupid to buy a system at launch. i'm not sure why i still do it, guess i get caught up in the hype.

i bought wiiU at launch and literally did not turn the system on from about feb to august. now at the end of 2013 it is packed with awesome games. i didn't buy ps3 at launch but by the time i bought it there were quite a few great games. it took 360 a good year or so to have great games. 3ds was mostly junk early on. and on and on and on.

i'm pretty pumped about playing killer instinct though. i'm planning on getting an xbone in march when they release the story mode/additional characters for KI. i'll probably be able to find dead rising at discount at that time and then titan fall will show up shortly after. i still don't understand what the NFL app on xbone does. do you get sunday ticket free or at least NFL network?

Yep, I bought a Wii U at launch too, and played it maybe 10 times between Launch and when Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Mario 3D World came out. =/

Also cool, when we both get Xbones we'll have to play in Killer Instinct!
Combo better be out by then!

You should sell your PS4 and use the money to buy an Xbox One and then make a thread about it on Gaming side and watch the subsequent reactions. For the lolz

i try to stay away from the gaming side. i got accused of being a sony fanboy for saying i hope a new demons souls (which is owned by SONY!) would come out for ps4. then i had a thread about nba 2k being a massive disappointment and madden not being too shabby and people say "lulz u fucking idiot did u see the graphics in NBA 2k!" even though i mostly talked about the problems with online.

sometimes i wonder if the console/pc nerds on neogaf (and i am a nerd too) would actually have the same arguments face to face. some of the shit on the gaming side is extremely embarrassing to be a part of

squicken

My god it burns you up so much that you were 10000% wrong about the Eagles this year. Keep doubling down on stupid I guess.

hmm I don't remember strongly doubting the Eagles, at least on offense. I know I said the defense would be crap. But I don't dislike the Eagles and am curious about Chip's offensive system. The nutrition stuff is interesting if they can sustain the injury numbers over a few years. Baylor is doing something similar as far as the sports science stuff.

My skeptic view is that any coach that has no players go on IR, has the best OL in football, and plays a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string QBs while in the worst division in football, is probably going to look like a genius. Mike Martz was a genius when he could protect with 5.

My initial inclination is to buy a PS4, but all my friends are dumb and buying Xbones. Should I stay the course and lord Infamous over them while they play an upconverted Dead Rising 3, or should I be social for once in my life and Jump In?

I really wanted to believe it was Philly, not him. But goddamn was he awful for the 49ers. Really have no idea what happened to him in Philly to turn him to shit in 3 seasons.

It's a shame, he commanded so much respect from everyone when he was in Oakland. Then, in Philly it was not just scheme issues, but tackling issues which was weird cause he was such a ferocious hitter for the Raiders.

I like the Dude alot. He said he wanted to be an analyst after retirement, I think that'd be a great spot for him.

Eagles OL is far from best. Lane has been a huge disappointment, and Todd and Jason have struggled some. You also fail to mention that they have had to play all 3 QBs this year. They have lost 3 games since week 4 and Barkley lost 2 of them. Saying they are the biggest frauds is crazy. They have so far out shot even the craziest possible expectations this year and they absolutely will have a chance to win a playoff game of they can get by Dallas. Not bad for a 4-12 team with a rookie HC a new defense and a backup QB.

So if the Packers win....

Cardinals win:
- CAR/NO @ GB

Cardinals lose:
- SF @ GB

Let's go Cards.

not 100% true.

Cardinals win and saints win:
- CAR/NO @ GB

Cardinals win and saints lose:
- AZ @ GB

Cardinals lose, seahawks win:
- SF @ GB

Cardinals lose and seahawks lose:
- Sea @ GB

to be honest i don't think green bay wants any part of the NFC west but i guess that vs. not making the playoffs and you'll take your chances at home!

not 100% true.

Cardinals win and saints win:
- CAR/NO @ GB

Cardinals win and saints lose:
- AZ @ GB

Cardinals lose, seahawks win:
- SF @ GB

Cardinals lose and seahawks lose:
- Sea @ GB

to be honest i don't think green bay wants any part of the NFC west but i guess that vs. not making the playoffs and you'll take your chances at home!

Saints can still win the NFC South if they win and Panthers lose.

Top Bottom