• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm not quite up to speed with the situation in pit, but it seems things have been slowly deteriorating there for a while, why hasn't there been any movement? Mendenhall went, Wallace went, they were willing to let sanders go, Woodleys aging, Taylors aging, James Harrison is gone, Polamalu is aging. The receivers are almost as bad as the patriots... NE didn't because Belichick and Kraft, so what went wrong in Pit?

Dat punt.

original.gif

harSon

Banned
Can't stay healthy, gives up a lot of pressure over the middle and starting last season - penalty prone. Pouncey is overrated.

Yeah, DeCastro's dumb ass torpedoing his knee is his fault. I don't what to tell you other then the fact that' you're wrong. Dude had to play with 2nd and 3rd string QBs, practice squad lineman, 2nd/3rd string RBs and even shift over to guard due to injuries. Dude's a stud and we're a better team with him on the field.

Fantomex

Think of it this way. Drowney for Clowney. Start rebuilding that D, get a RB and some receivers, fire Haley; and you guys are on your way. Rots is still a better QB than Fluke-o and Red Rifle.

Guys i recorded this on my iphone from yesterday's game, i recorded it horribly so it wont get taken down. Who is this? I know its not ihenacho saying it. Was it a bronco on the sidelines or was it a fan? Its super lol. just listen to the audio. This play happened during 3:57 of first quarter.

http://youtu.be/gZ-ykinX5S8

harSon

Banned
I'm not quite up to speed with the situation in pit, but it seems things have been slowly deteriorating there for a while, why hasn't there been any movement? Mendenhall went, Wallace went, they were willing to let sanders go, Woodleys aging, Taylors aging, James Harrison is gone, Polamalu is aging. The receivers are almost as bad as the patriots... NE didn't because Belichick and Kraft, so what went wrong in Pit?

If Woodley is aging, then half the NFL is old as shit lmao

Offensive line play.

For years it was handwaved because Ben could make hay with garbage bags in front of him. Now he's on the wrong side of 30 and the Steelers are scrambling to get a line up in front of him, to the detriment of the rest of the offense.

Tabris

How did the Steelers and Ravens fall so quickly? I mean I get it, players aging at the exact same time (which also made them deadly as they were such a cohesive unit with experienced players), but both teams exact same time. Incredible.

bionic77

How did the Steelers and Ravens fall so quickly? I mean I get it, players aging at the exact same time (which also made them deadly as they were such a cohesive unit with experienced players), but both teams exact same time. Incredible.
The Ravens let all their good players leave and our team was good for a long ass time and we have been unable to replace the guys that made us winners.

Add in shit coaching and....

ChanHuk

Banned
JAKNUSELESS!!!! ARE YOU OKAY?!?!?!?

Sorry about the Steelers losing on your birthday, there's always next year when you can get a job and the Steelers can beat the Bungles.

Tabris

judging by how much he has lost in his arm, yes. i only expect his physical performance to worsen, not to get better.

Lost in his arm? Are we watching the same games? DEN - BAL, the first TD to Julius Thomas had amazing zip to it. Same with the 6th TD to Demaryius Thomas.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090500/2013/REG1/ravens@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Go to 2:19 on the Peyton highlights video (can't link directly to it).

I mean it looked like he lost his arm strength earlier last year but it's been coming back considerably over the last year and looks fantastic now.

Lost in his arm? Are we watching the same games? DEN - BAL, the first TD to Julius Thomas had amazing zip to it. Same with the 6th TD to Demaryius Thomas.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090500/2013/REG1/ravens@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Go to 2:19 on the Peyton highlights video (can't link directly to it).

I mean it looked like he lost his arm strength earlier last year but it's been coming back considerably over the last year and looks fantastic now.

he can zing it here and there but its not consistent. i saw a lot of ducks in the first 2 weeks as well.

Tabris

Vinny Testaverde played until he was 44, Doug Flutie until he was 43.

And there has never been a QB like Peyton, so who knows how far he can go?

Tabris

he can zing it here and there but its not consistent. i saw a lot of ducks in the first 2 weeks as well.

Can you send me a video example please if you have any, as I'm either being ignorant and not seeing them (or unwilling to see them), or it's not as bad as you're making it out to be?

KaYotiX

Banned
Can you send me a video example please if you have any, as I'm either being ignorant and not seeing them (or unwilling to see them), or it's not as bad as you're making it out to be?

There were a lot of wobbly passes. I was kind of shocked how bad he threw the ball yesterday

JABEE

YH, whatever you do, don't give Gata a furry avatar when the Patriots miss the playoffs this season. We aren't animals. We are civil people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom