• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Good question. I think so but that's surely not the popular opinion in Steelers Country right now.

He came into a good situation, more than good, it was great.

No idea who made the Haley choice, it's usually the coach but I have no knowledge of what really went down. Most coaches live and die by their coordinators, Tomlins joining the club.

Also wonder how much front office talent they've lost over the years, happens to all good teams. They found some late round gems at WR, but they haven't hit on defensive replacements. It happens though, hard to be consistent in that department, you're going to have misses, but its tougher when it catches up to you all at once.

Edit: bad luck with injuries too, exposes depth problems immediately.

That was a true AFCN game. Bengals Steeler'd the Steelers, devouring clock like Pittsburgh devours cock. It's fun being on the other side of it, but one mistake can fuck up your entire game. ...I guess that goes for any game in the NFL.

Sucks that the Bengals lost a game last week that they should have won by 3 touchdowns. The team seemed to really focus on playing mistake-free football. Some bad penalties, but I noticed the guys were really content with just securing the ball and going down on contact. That's just good coaching.

Gio is probably going to run wild from now on. Next week is a big test. We'll see what's really up.

He came into a good situation, more than good, it was great.

No idea who made the Haley choice, it's usually the coach but I have no knowledge of what really went down. Most coaches live and die by their coordinators, Tomlins joining the club.

Also wonder how much front office talent they've lost over the years, happens to all good teams. They found some late round gems at WR, but they haven't hit on defensive replacements. It happens though, hard to be consistent in that department, you're going to have misses, but its tougher when it catches up to you all at once.

Edit: bad luck with injuries too, exposes depth problems immediately.

Who hired Haley depends purely on what agenda you want to follow. The conspiracy is that it was a Rooney II hire. I'll believe Tomlin when he says it was him myself. The edict to be a better running team did come from Rooney though, so no matter what he has his hands in it.

I really think Haley has something going here. Problem is he wasn't just hired to be OC, but to completely change Ben's way of thinking and treating the offense, all while building a serviceable o-line on the fly.

Steelers were also hit with injuries in the worst possible spots this year - i'm sure you saw Paulson flat out get blasted on that receiver screen. A blocking TE is necessary for much of the runs and Paulson is pancaked with barely any contact. Dude is awful, and he's the best healthy TE on the roster!

People talk about the Steelers WR hits but I think more than anything the reliance on shrimpy receivers is costing them big time, especially with their TE corps depleted.

Gobias

Banned
Are the Steelers worse than the Browns? Chance to go 2-0 against them this year!

There will probably be 30 points total in both games combined

Gobias

Banned
hito, is there a furry steelers avatar? I might need it to finalize my shame.

Take this:
pittsburgh_steelers_by_mizuki_kuran-d6lud3c.jpg

Hunter S.

So I'm watching a live stream of GTA V and the thing looks fucking amazing. I need this game nooooooow

Oh...it will be a pleasure for many months. Will have mine tomorrow.

@Gobias stop being like Lucifer and tempting Chuck with that school girl avatar. Shame on you.

Good question. I think so but that's surely not the popular opinion in Steelers Country right now.

We do know that the Steelers are worse at drafting than Bill.

He told me Rors was and Cards fan said Rors wasn't I'm tired as fuck and it's not happening from me

Greg ur up if Rors isn't

I'll do it now.

Edit : Nevermind my Wifi just stopped working.

Okay, I have Wifi again, I'll do it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
chuckddd: Yeah, there just isn't much to go on without using something horribly drawn, despite Pittsburgh hosting this:

Y9FVESx.jpg

(Maybe this would work, I dunno.)

Did find this, though:

p3x5BQ0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom