• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I was actually being serious. It just blows my mind a bit that someone wouldn't want Peyton. I get the "for the future" but it's going to be a couple more years of this for sure, and it's not an Andrew Luck situation where you know Luck is going to be a future star (or at least I think so). But I respect your opinion too, just wanted to check to see if your opinion is waning yet.

IIRC, Peyton turned down the Niners not the other way around.

Godslay

Banned
IIRC, Peyton turned down the Niners not the other way around.

I think it was FMT's spin at the time. Something like Harbaugh turned him down.

He's definitely got the talent and I'd love to see him breakout. For his own sake though, he better start cleaning it up because they kept CJ on the roster for a reason. Don't want to lose the few reps he already gets.

Clark did a pretty solid job considering he's not a beast like Clady.

Philly can definitely be interesting. Would even consider getting tickets to the game since Philly is only a couple hours away from DC but gotta pick up the lady from the airport that day. Too bad they don't play the Redskins here, I'd definitely go to that one.

Reps were split 12 Moreno, 11 Ball, 9 Hillman this game. 13 Moreno, 12 Ball, 1 Hillman Giants game. 9 Moreno, 8 Ball, 4 Hillman Ravens.

So 34 Moreno, 31 Ball, 14 Hillman. As it should be in my eyes.

Pretty evenly split, aside from Hillman. Should get heavier for Moreno I would imagine, if the games are closer and more protection is required.

As far as CJ, I can't wait for him to see the field. I'm really interested to see how he performs on the next level. When does it happen though?

Godslay

Banned
qq32jDo.jpg

Still love you Von. Come back soon,

Godslay.

Pretty rough game, but all things considered I saw some positives. That said I didn't really agree with the game plan, thought the defense was too conservative and not aggressive enough, and the play calling on offense was a little too cute at times.

Really? I did not know that, I thought 49ers turned down Peyton while they were on his short list.

Speaking of that, of all the teams that Peyton was interested in didn't the Texans actually turn him down and were probably the only one? I remember reading some joke about how Kubiak called Schaub to pick up Manning at the airport and that Schaub said that he would send Manning back to the airplane or something like that.

What's the deal with that Justin Smith kid? He on the pot?

If I were his coach, I 'd pull that young man aside by his ear and tell him to shape up or ship out.

Can't have that.

Turnstile

Hillman had fumbling problems in the preseason as well. They'll get it fixed. Have to have him use the hand cross that Moreno uses. I don't think Hillman is locked as the second back. Got more reps this week, but still short of the amount of carries Ball got. 9 vs. 11.

Is it possible to see CJ next week? I wonder.

The Great Debate

Three games in, lets look at where we're at.

Luck: 663 yds passing, 100 yds rush, 7.13 avg comp, 65.6 COMP%, 3 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM (0), QBR: 77 (2-1)

RGIII: 975 yds passing, 62 yds rush, 7 avg comp, 63.3 COMP%, 5 TD, 4 INT, 4 FUM (1), PRTG: 84.1 , QBR : 26.6 ( 0-3 )

Kaep: 689 yds passing, 129 yds rush, 7.33 avg comp, 56.4 COMP%, 3 TD, 4 INT, 2 FUM(0), QBR: 48.4 ( 1-2)

Russ: 664 yds passing, 54 yds rush, 9.10 avg comp, 64.4 COMP%, 6 TD, 2 INT, 3 FUM(0), QBR: 61.9 ( 1-2)

God Tier for reference
Peyton
:

769 yds passing, 5 yds rush, 9.05 avg comp, 67.1 COMP%, 9 TD, 0 INT, 0 FUM, QBR: 89.7 ( 3-0)

cdyhybrid

Russ: 664 yds passing, 54 yds rush, 9.10 avg comp, 64.4 COMP%, 6 TD, 2 INT, 3 FUM(0), QBR: 61.9 ( 1-2)

I know you're still salty that we ended the Redskins' return to relevance after less than one season, but there's no lead to outright lie about things to make yourselves look better.

Also :jnc at using QBR.

I assume that's just a copy-paste error ;)

Spinluck

The Great Debate

Luck: 663 yds passing, 100 yds rush, 7.13 avg comp, 65.6 COMP%, 3 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM (0), QBR: 77 (2-1)

RGIII: 975 yds passing, 62 yds rush, 7 avg comp, 63.3 COMP%, 5 TD, 4 INT, 4 FUM (1), PRTG: 84.1 , QBR : 26.6 ( 0-3 )

Kaep: 689 yds passing, 129 yds rush, 7.33 avg comp, 56.4 COMP%, 3 TD, 4 INT, 2 FUM(0), QBR: 48.4 ( 1-2)

God Tier for reference
Peyton
:

769 yds passing, 5 yds rush, 9.05 avg comp, 67.1 COMP%, 9 TD, 0 INT, 0 FUM, QBR: 89.7 ( 3-0)

Where's Tannehill?

Godslay

Banned
The Great Debate

God Tier for reference
Peyton
:

Was going to bed, but those are Peyton's numbers through 2 games fyi.

He's at 1143 yards. 12 TD. 72% comp. 0 INT.

Tabris

Keep on playing shitty teams and surely he will

Colts, Texans, Chiefs, and Pats (if not neutered) are the only real competition left. Unless NFC East all of sudden stops sucking.

EDIT - Actually Titans and Chargers haven't looked terrible this season. So maybe it won't be as easy.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Colts, Texans, Chiefs, and Pats (if not neutered) are the only real competition left. Unless NFC East all of sudden stops sucking.

EDIT - Actually Titans and Chargers haven't looked terrible this season. So maybe it won't be as easy.

I think you left a team out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom