• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Denver could and probably should be undefeated when they play the Pats in week 12.

One week at a time.

Eh. Hard to say. The advantage of running the read option often, at least at this point, is that defenses have to simplify their looks. Easier to throw against for that reason alone.

The downside is obviously that your QB is going to get blown the eff up.

Sure. I think the talent is there though. The guy is a gamer for sure.

I hope we get a chance to rip the broncos hearts out in the playoffs again. We could go 14-2 and somehow still be 10 point underdogs because of week 1 and I love it because I will make soooooo much money
Tough talk when the Bengals are going to beat the crap out of your miserable shell of a team. You're not all big and bad because you managed to beat a team more inept on offense than the Ravens. Be lucky if you make the playoffs.

cdyhybrid

Denver would probably beat us by 17+. Easily the best team in the league right now and probably the best team I've seen in 5, maybe 10, years.

h1nch

I hope we get a chance to rip the broncos hearts out in the playoffs again. We could go 14-2 and somehow still be 10 point underdogs because of week 1 and I love it because I will make soooooo much money

I think the Broncos would relish the opportunity to get proper revenge in the playoffs. I envision a whole mess of Broncos FU TDs before Peyton is rested...midway through the 3rd quarter.

Tabris

Congrats on the Super Bowl win in week 3 brotha

Nah, I was actually being serious. It just blows my mind a bit that someone wouldn't want Peyton. I get the "for the future" but it's going to be a couple more years of this for sure, and it's not an Andrew Luck situation where you know Luck is going to be a future star (or at least I think so). But I respect your opinion too, just wanted to check to see if your opinion is waning yet.

Hunter S.

Denver would probably beat us by 17+. Easily the best team in the league right now and probably the best team I've seen in 5, maybe 10, years.

The defense is still missing it's leaders in Von and Champ. Raiders also had zero turnovers and two fumble recoveries. All those points for Peyton were on him, the offense, and the special teams.

Much respect for the Seahawks here of course.

Godslay

Banned

Normally, I would talk shit. But frankly I don't give a fuck. Maybe the Ravens will, maybe they won't. Week 4, long way to go. I'll be happy if we get to the playoffs again. Hope you make some money. Good luck with that.

Pete is crafty though. Willing to gamble, has the talent, and with a killer instinct. Have to respect that, think he would go balls to the wall in a Superbowl.

cajunator

Banned
Nah, I was actually being serious. It just blows my mind a bit that someone wouldn't want Peyton. I get the "for the future" but it's going to be a couple more years of this for sure, and it's not an Andrew Luck situation where you know Luck is going to be a future star (or at least I think so). But I respect your opinion too, just wanted to check to see if your opinion is waning yet.

Im pretty happy with who we've got.
Although peyton was happy to throw the game winning TD in our super bowl :D

Tabris

You know, for all my talk, I'm also just focused on us making the playoffs. You never know, maybe injuries happen like the Pats are going through. *knocks on wood* That makes a difference.

Kiryu

I guess it's right to predict that Bronco #1 AFC vs Seahawks #1 NFC Superbowl.

30 teams would call this "Stonebowl" or "Weedbowl"

Godslay

Banned
I guess it's right to predict that Bronco #1 AFC vs Seahawks #1 NFC Superbowl.

30 teams would call this "Stonebowl" or "Weedbowl"

And you know who is smoking that bowl?

iXFOyhUJudVZa.gif

GG Raiders.

Like Peyton said, still things to work on. Giving the ability to seemingly go down the field at will, we settled for FGs too many times. The two fumbles were bad, too. That might be ok on good nights like this, but it won't all the time, and you don't want to run into it during the playoffs when the competition is naturally higher all around (As Peyton is well aware). There were definitely plays where blocks were missed that could've prevented FGs - so plenty if chances to tidy up on execution. That said, can't be unhappy with the results tonight.

Unbelievable run defense by the Broncos. Wasn't sure if the first two games were just because it was against two teams that couldn't run it, but tonight was great. That said, even though we got like 3 sacks tonight, plenty of times where it felt like Pryor had a lot of time in the pocket. Against more experienced teams that also have mobile QBs (seemingly everyone now), we won't be as fortunate. Already gashed on pass plays due to not being able to get to the QB. Hope Von is still in good football shape when he comes back as we could use his talents.

Godslay

Banned
GG Raiders.

Like Peyton said, still things to work on. Giving the ability to seemingly go down the field at will, we settled for FGs too many times. The two fumbles were bad, too. That might be ok on good nights like this, but it won't all the time, and you don't want to run into it during the playoffs when the competition is naturally higher all around (As Peyton is well aware). There were definitely plays where blocks were missed that could've prevented FGs - so plenty if chances to tidy up on execution. That said, can't be unhappy with the results tonight.

Unbelievable run defense by the Broncos. Wasn't sure if the first two games were just because it was against two teams that couldn't run it, but tonight was great. That said, even though we got like 3 sacks tonight, plenty of times where it felt like Pryor had a lot of time in the pocket. Against more experienced teams that also have mobile QBs (seemingly everyone now), we won't be as fortunate. Already gashed on pass plays due to not being able to get to the QB. Hope Von is still in good football shape when he comes back as we could use his talents.

Agreed. McCoy will be the test for the run defense, I look forward to that match up.

Clark was beat and manhandled on a couple of plays, but did a decent job. Good game against a decent DE.

Montee has to feel terrible. He was having a good game prior to that. Still not giving up on him. I still feel it's going to click with him at some point, could be wrong, but just my gut feeling.

Hahaha, is that from those Taiwan CG news segments? If so, awesome. Well either way, awesome!

Yeah.

rando14

Agreed. McCoy will be the test for the run defense, I look forward to that match up.

Clark was beat and manhandled on a couple of plays, but did a decent job. Good game against a decent DE.

Montee has to feel terrible. He was having a good game prior to that. Still not giving up on him. I still feel it's going to click with him at some point, could be wrong, but just my gut feeling.

Yeah.

Montee has great power and drive but his hands are a problem. With Moreno and Hillman locked as the first two backs I don't know if I expect to see ball much outside of 4th quarter garbage time

squicken

Against the Redskins defense???

Dude's gonna throw for 500+

I thought the same thing. Pryor is better when they are over-matched, but against a terrible defense, Flynn is the one that will do better. Sucks for Pryor b/c he could have used a layup game. I thought he would never do anything but he has had moments of being pretty solid

Yeah.

He's definitely got the talent and I'd love to see him breakout. For his own sake though, he better start cleaning it up because they kept CJ on the roster for a reason. Don't want to lose the few reps he already gets.

Clark did a pretty solid job considering he's not a beast like Clady.

Philly can definitely be interesting. Would even consider getting tickets to the game since Philly is only a couple hours away from DC but gotta pick up the lady from the airport that day. Too bad they don't play the Redskins here, I'd definitely go to that one.

I'm going to that game so it sucks I won't get to see Pryor/RG3 in person. Not sure how I feel about Flynn as far as it being an advantage. The way our defense looks even Gabbart could probably beast.

Godslay

Banned
Montee has great power and drive but his hands are a problem. With Moreno and Hillman locked as the first two backs I don't know if I expect to see ball much outside of 4th quarter garbage time

Hillman had fumbling problems in the preseason as well. They'll get it fixed. Have to have him use the hand cross that Moreno uses. I don't think Hillman is locked as the second back. Got more reps this week, but still short of the amount of carries Ball got. 9 vs. 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom