• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikki

If you don't see the value of running back who can't pass protect and can't make people miss and can't catch a football and can't create space then I don't know what to tell you Deacon.

This whole thing just reminds me how much I miss Brandon Jackson. Man, that guy was so fucking key for the Super Bowl team :(

Why? It generally means you've spent a first round pick on a guy who didn't do much to help your team win and with the short life span of a RB, won't be able to help in the future. It's idiotic for a team that is 65% shit to take a RB in the first round. The marginal value over the fourth round running back just isn't there and the lifespan is too short for the rest of the team to catch up even if he is a stud.

I agree with you that taking a RB first round is a luxury. Even if you think the back could be AP-like, if your team has other major holes then a RB probably won't compensate for those holes. If you have the luxury of taking a RB in the first then you can get the good years out of them and then dump them onto another team. Even then they may not be worth a first round pick.

effzee

There are franchises that don't overvalue them (Niners, Packers, Steelers, etc.) and then there are those that do (Eagles, Bucs, etc.).

So you're half right.

Yeah I mean the most frustrating thing about the Reid-Banner-Heckert brain tust from 2000 to about 2007 was how much they would overvalue a 2nd or even 3rd round pick over proven commodities.

When they were pretty well balanced on offense and defense and primed to make runs every year, they would could have used those picks to trade or draft dynamic game changers but instead they would trade down over and over or trade for future picks.

Banner is good I guess at this ground zero rebuilding. But if it continues into year 5 or beyond then Browns fans are going to be calling for him to be kicked out.

Fox318

This week these 3 bad men will be on the field at the same time.

e4VOKeR.jpg

Get fucked Buffalo.

ShaneB

Was doing some basic learning last night, and reading up on Defense positions and whatnot, and learned that it’s the Middle Linebacker that is my favourite position (basically the quarterback of the Defense I guess?). Always been more defensive minded in all the sports I enjoy, so it’s cool to at least get more familiar with the position names. I guess that means Bobby Wagner is my favourite Seahawk. Woo.

Godslay

Banned
Was doing some basic learning last night, and reading up on Defense positions and whatnot, and learned that it’s the Middle Linebacker that is my favourite position (basically the quarterback of the Defense I guess?). Always been more defensive minded in all the sports I enjoy, so it’s cool to at least get more familiar with the position names. I guess that means Bobby Wagner is my favourite Seahawk. Woo.

Damn fairweather! You can't just jump on the Wagner bandwagon. Bosworth or death!

Oh yeah! Defense is where it's at. I even spent (overspent) on Seattle's defense in my fantasy league because I wanted the best. I like Richard Sherman the most in that lineup because he's awesome and he ticks NFL GAF off. :)

effzee

Just realized either the Panthers or Giants season will essentially be over after this week.

Not for the Giants.

They could still compete for the division at 8-8 or 9-7.

Panthers at 0-3 in the same division as Saints and Falcons? They could still finish 3rd but no better.

ShaneB

Damn fairweather! You can't just jump on the Wagner bandwagon. Bosworth or death!

The name didn't ring a bell, but after a quick wiki, it all came back :) I'll know him now as the man Bo ran over. lol

Oh yeah! Defense is where it's at. I even spent (overspent) on Seattle's defense in my fantasy league because I wanted the best. I like Richard Sherman the most in that lineup because he's awesome and he ticks NFL GAF off. :)

I love crushing defense, and yeah, Sherman has been fun to watch so far, and yes, the reactions to him are fun :) I'll be keeping a close eye on Wagner to learn more about him in the coming games.

eznark

Banned
I hope they do something like this with Denver. Free TDs. If you suck the lbs in, and beat the safety that is.

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to rewatching that game yet but it just jumped to the top of my list. They played like that against the Cowboys and only gave up 16 points? Sheesh. Eric Berry for MVP

ToxicAdam

Browns QB image

I made the comment last week to a co-worker, it's pretty sad that since the 'new' Browns have come back, the best QB they have had is 8 weeks of Derek Anderson. The best coach was Eric Mangini. The best overall player has been a kicker. They have a 33% win percentage and a 4-23 record against their bitter 'rival'. In a league that does everything it can to make sure that there is parity and that the 'have nots' can eventually turn themselves around.

It speaks to the amazing power of the NFL that this franchise still has any fans left.

Fox318

I made the comment last week to a co-worker, it's pretty sad that since the 'new' Browns have come back, the best QB they have had is 8 weeks of Derek Anderson. The best coach was Eric Mangini. The best overall player has been a kicker. They have a 33% win percentage and a 4-23 record against their bitter 'rival'. In a league that does everything it can to make sure that there is parity and that the 'have nots' can eventually turn themselves around.

It speaks to the amazing power of the NFL that this franchise still has any fans left.

Meanwhile

KwaAxb3.jpg

Quikies83

Wow, Chiefs have big fucking brass balls. 1st & 10:

BUiH24hCcAIPPhH.jpg:large

We have been running this defense a lot. Eric berry lines up as a LB and Kendrick Lewis deep.. It has been working very well - you can't run on this defense. And unless your WR is Dez Bryant, our man coverage is solid. The defense us definitely the strong point on this team.
Can't wait for tonights game.

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to rewatching that game yet but it just jumped to the top of my list. They played like that against the Cowboys and only gave up 16 points? Sheesh. Eric Berry for MVP

I blame Callahan's play calling, they only scored 2 offensive TDs against the Giants too.

Expecting the Eagles to light them up tonight.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I love crushing defense, and yeah, Sherman has been fun to watch so far, and yes, the reactions to him are fun :) I'll be keeping a close eye on Wagner to learn more about him in the coming games.
Middle LB is the defensive QB, but Red Bryant is the defensive team captain and Earl Thomas is the reason our secondary works. He's an elite level safety whose ability to play in open space allows Kam, Sherm, and the rest to be more physical.

eznark

Banned
We have been running this defense a lot. Eric berry lines up as a LB and Kendrick Lewis deep.. It has been working very well - you can't run on this defense. And unless your WR is Dez Bryant, our man coverage is solid. The defense us definitely the strong point on this team.
Can't wait for tonights game.

Gotcha, I couldn't tell from the screen shot who they had playing center field there but I thought Berry was maybe a little slow to have that much acreage to cover.

For me, it's not the super bowl win(s) that hurt, it's the fact that the franchise has been a periennel winner every year and the kind of team you would want to root for. A team that has had multiple star players and some kind of an identity.

That's the reality that hurts.

If I was a Brown's fan the thing that would burn me the most is that the Rats drafted two hall of famers their first year.

Tom Penny

For me, it's not the super bowl win(s) that hurt, it's the fact that the franchise has been a periennel winner every year and the kind of team you would want to root for. A team that has had multiple star players and some kind of an identity.

That's the reality that hurts.

Well tell your franchise not to do things like pass on RGIII and instead move up to get a RB that was just traded...that would be a good start.

jakncoke

Banned
Must really suck for Browns

Ravens since 1999 135-91 9 playoffs 2 sb wins

Browns since 1999 73-153 1 playoff

So why exactly are the Steelers the Browns most hated team? Perhaps its because so many Browns fans converted to Steelers in Northeast Ohio? But idk seeing what was your team go on to win 2 sb and 9 playoffs..ect and they still hate the Steelers more. Interesting.

de43bt.gif

Man Gilbert's footwork sucks. He constantly gets beat across his face.

Decastro needs to hit the weight room.

Also, Steelers were lucky to get Velasco.

Must really suck for Browns

Ravens since 1999 135-91 9 playoffs 2 sb wins

Browns since 1999 73-153 1 playoff

So why exactly are the Steelers the Browns most hated team? Perhaps its because so many Browns fans converted to Steelers in Northeast Ohio? But idk seeing what was your team go on to win 2 sb and 9 playoffs..ect and they still hate the Steelers more. Interesting.

The 1980's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom