• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

I hope so!

By the way a few weeks ago I asked you about a show but I think you missed it. It's BTBAM, The Contortionist, and The Faceless with a few others I think on October 5th in Asheville, NC. I'm trying to decide on whether or not I should go. Ever seen any of them live?
nope, I haven't

not sure about The Contortionist, but I heard from friends that BTBAM, The Faceless, and The Safety Fire put on good live shows though if that's worth anything

Dukey

Banned
They'll just keep putting it off. Didn't that happen with Dumervil, Lynch, and someone else? Can't really suspend someone who isn't guilty of a crime yet.

I know DJ Williams got suspended, but I'm not sure if it was a non-human piss PED sample or the DUI. Can't remember.

Didn't stop them from suspending Rapey Magee (aka Ben).

Godslay

Banned
Yes they can. Someone posted during the Miller issue that the NFL can suspend for violation of the personal conduct policy and it doesn't require being found guilty

Didn't rapistberger get nailed for four games?

Well why hasn't Lynch been suspended?

The NFL won’t discipline Lynch until the case is resolved, and case apparently won’t be resolved during the upcoming season. It appears, then, that Lynch will play at least two full seasons after the DUI arrest without facing discipline from the league.

So what the fuck is the NFL doing?

Lynch was arrested in July 2012 iirc.

Link:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/05/still-no-trial-date-for-marshawn-lynch-dui-case/

Narag

Goodall will send Aldon to the Browns as punishment. Cleveland can be the equivalent of the New York rubber rooms where teachers are sent to die.

effzee

Will type out full thoughts later since I'm still traveling but attended the game last night.

I hate everything.

Reid always makes the Eagles lose.

1-3 here we come.

Dukey

Banned
I just picked up my stuff including my favorite shirt at my now ex-girlfriend. That mixture of sadness and anger :(

Wait until you get married and your wife cuts up your favorite t-shirt so that it hugs her tits better. Sadness and anger. And tits. But mostly anger. And tits.

Godslay

Banned
Lynch didn't have a bag of weed in his car that was slammed into a tree with the wheels still spinning?

They've both been arrested. Not prosecuted. Was it Aldon's bag of weed? Who knows? Either way, you can't let Lynch keep stalling his trial and letting him play, while you suspend another guy for the same thing. It's not consistent. Either suspend them when it happens, or after they go to trial.

Wait until you get married and your wife cuts up your favorite t-shirt so that it hugs her tits better. Sadness and anger. And tits. But mostly anger. And tits.
my condolences.

In my situation I want to cut up my wife's sanchito Jersey.. I even try to get my dog to ruined it for me..

But still it hangs in the closet. By the Kemp Jersey

MechDX

They've both been arrested. Not prosecuted. Was it Aldon's bag of weed? Who knows? Either way, you can't let Lynch keep stalling his trial and letting him play, while you suspend another guy for the same thing. It's not consistent. Either suspend them when it happens, or after they go to trial.

Whose bag of weed makes a difference? Slay...i like you and all but...damn.

Godslay

Banned
Whose bag of weed makes a difference? Slay...i like you and all but...damn.

All I'm saying is, that Aldon has to be prosecuted for it. Innocent until proven guilty. It's not the bag of weed is there, you are guilty. He either has to plead guilty or be proven so. Same for the DUI, has to be proven guilty. It's just the way it works.

So it would be inconsistent in my eyes if the NFL suspends Aldon without a plea or being convicted. It's inconsistent with how they have handled other cases, namely Lynch.

Does that help?

I'm leaving work, so I won't be able to respond.

Narag

All I'm saying is, that Aldon has to be prosecuted for it. Innocent until proven guilty. It's not the bag of weed is there, you are guilty. He either has to plead guilty or be proven so. Same for the DUI, has to be proven guilty. It's just the way it works.

So it would be inconsistent in my eyes if the NFL suspends Aldon without a plea or being convicted. It's inconsistent with how they have handled other cases, namely Lynch.

During the Hernandez stuff,I read sonething about how the NFL runs their own internal investigations on this stuff. Doubt they'll wait for convictions.

cdyhybrid

Have they suspended him yet? Obviously different state laws could throw a wrench into the situation (along with the weed) but how do we know Aldon won't push this trial off until the end of the season?

Some guy in gaming says he's getting the Wii U Windwaker HD Bundle+B2G1 (Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends)

Such a good deal, I wish I did that :(

methodman

Banned
I bet MethodMan is just stewing over this Aldon thing. He was constantly calling Von selfish. Which I can agree with to a certain degree, although if he wants to live his life like that so be it, just making it harder to be a legendary NFL player, which I think he has the talent to do.
I'm pissed bro. Suspend him for 4 games. No lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom