• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The huge reason they're 4-0 is because they've played two rookies, an awful QB who will be out of the league in a couple of years, and Meltdown Ryan.

One above average QB, and a whole lot of shit.

They played a damn good game tonight... why can there never be credit? Some impressive o-line play, great coverage from aqib (contract year), still a lot of growing pains with the rookies. They don't even have their 2 best players on offense.

Drakeon

Ugh, just looked at the Pats schedule, they're totally going to be at least 7-2 going into their Bye. 6-3 if we're real lucky. Figure the Saints beat them and probably one of either the Bengals or Dolphins, but doubtful both do.

Fantomex

1-3

roHzyJ2.gif

dude the avy , not you too?

The huge reason they're 4-0 is because they've played two rookies, an awful QB who will be out of the league in a couple of years, and Meltdown Ryan.

Nuh-uh, it's because they drafted hall of famers Julian Edelman, Matt Slater, and Aqib Talib.

Yea I know that. Looked like holding a little bit. But if its legal.

they're not going to call something like that in that situation. they technically were "holding" him at the snap and if gonzalez got downfield and they continued to do it they likely throw the flag, but gonzalez wasn't making much of an effort on a couple of those to get off the line

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jeez the salt in here... why can't it go both ways? Pats got declined a review, and they got a shit spot on what should've been a first down and iced the game right there. I learned over the years, bad calls are made on both sides, get used to it.

squicken

I thought they were decent tonight given who they lost during the game. Though ATL is probably a bad team

He's not lying. Argue otherwise.

Same thing with the Broncos. Beating teams that are not playing well or are inexperienced.

We beat teams without our top playmakers and we went into Atlanta and won without our best defensive player. I dont know what we have to do to be labeled a good team.

LJ11

The Pats were doubling Gonzalez. Falcons should have ran a bunches set and told those dudes to scramble.

Amazing how the Pats free up their receivers with motion and bunch/trip stacks. Pick guys off, gain of 5-7. Rinse repeat.

Reminds me how the Bills don't motion enough, current coaches anyway. You have to free guys up sometimes, and the Pats do it better than anyone else.

Good thing the Pats play Dalton then. 5-0?

Most definitely.

They played a damn good game tonight... why can there never be credit? Some impressive o-line play, great coverage from aqib (contract year), still a lot of growing pains with the rookies. They don't even have their 2 best players on offense.

You stopped a pretty one dimensional team tonight, good job I guess. Was the run ever a serious threat for the Pats tonight? Wilfork out and the Falcons couldn't do a thing on the ground. Props to the redzone D, though they've always been pretty stout in the redzone.

Godslay

Banned
We beat teams without our top playmakers and we went into Atlanta and won without our best defensive player. I dont know what we have to do to be labeled a good team.

Well, that's not what he said. Said you beat two rookie QBs, which is a fact, beat Freeman who is working his way out of the league at this rate, and Ryan who didn't have a good game in the redzone.

It's hardly something to hang your hat on. And before you say "Broncos". They haven't beat anyone that has played well either.

LJ11

Nuh-uh, it's because they drafted hall of famers Julian Edelman, Matt Slater, and Aqib Talib.

lol at that avatar.

one month down already, been a pretty wild start.

What to make of Chip Kelly? Are the Eagles that untalented? Done nothing to improve that team so far. Not blaming him, D is shit and his QB is wreckless. Expected more to be honest.

I thought they were decent tonight given who they lost during the game. Though ATL is probably a bad team

Maybe the Atlanta fans can chime in, but their OL/DL is what holds them back, issues at LB due to injury as well/ You can have all the weapons in the world, but when you get worked up front it's going to catch up with you.

Broank

Patriots could be real good on offense if they can get Vereen, Gronk and Amendola all healthy along with the other guys that are getting experience now.

Dragon

Banned
He's not lying. Argue otherwise.

Same thing with the Broncos. Beating teams that are not playing well or are inexperienced.

It's nice to beat teams they should have beaten. Ryan doesn't lose at home very often so it's nice to go in there and dominate up until falling apart in the last five minutes unfortunately.

You could also say the Patriots played without Wilfork the last three quarters as well, probably their best defensive player. And Matthew I don't need to take a Mulligan caught a touchdown pass. Put it in perspective, the Pats aren't the most talented team offensively anymore with the exception of maybe their offensive line.

Well, that's not what he said. Said you beat two rookie QBs, which is a fact, beat Freeman who is working his way out of the league at this rate, and Ryan who didn't have a good game in the redzone.

It's hardly something to hang your hat on. And before you say "Broncos". They haven't beat anyone that has played well either.

Im just glad to be in this spot with the players we have. The defense is winning the games this year. Last year they probably lose this game.

TheFatOne

Amazing how the Pats free up their receivers with motion and bunch/trip stacks. Pick guys off, gain of 5-7. Rinse repeat.

Reminds me how the Bills don't motion enough, current coaches anyway. You have to free guys up sometimes, and the Pats do it better than anyone else.

Most definitely.

You stopped a pretty one dimensional team tonight, good job I guess. Was the run ever a serious threat for the Pats tonight? Wilfork out and the Falcons couldn't do a thing on the ground. Props to the redzone D, though they've always been pretty stout in the redzone.
Defense has improved, but they still aren't good. It's a nice step in the right direction though. Even though they have played some bad teams/qbs last years defense would have lost these games. Solid win for the Pats considering they lost big Vince. If he is out for any real length of time the Pats defense is fucked.
So a real opponent for you guys for the Pats to beat will be New Orleans in 2 weeks?

Who gives a fuck. In 2010 they steam rolled most of the good teams in the AFC and still choked in the playoffs. They just have to stack the wins to get that first round bye. If it's against shitty teams than so be it.

Patriots7

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Atlanta isn't considered a good team?
The Pats are 4-0 with numerous injuries on both sides of the ball.

Trey

I'm watching this game and you saw it live midway through the fourth quarter - the moment the Pats broke the Falcons D and turned on coast mode. It's really a small miracle that the Falcons made it the game they did. All that good fortune should have won them that game cuz that Patriots team wasn't mustering shit, aside from Talib.

Only an NFC team could fuck up the will of God.

Top Bottom