• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Mashing

I wonder if some team would trade 4-5 first round picks for J.J. Watt? Time to blow this shit up. With those 5 picks, I'd draft all QB's.

Hunter S.

I don't know who you are, but don't put words in my mouth. Pats just like Broncos are getting fat off of bad teams right now. Pats are letting the teams hang with them though, which is unusual.

Nah, they are getting fat on wins mutually. This does not mean any Patriots win was a blowout while I see 4 Broncos blowouts. No need to be so humble.

TheFatOne

Also Sudfeld is not going to be on this team for long. He has yet to do anything positive for the Pats. Every time he is in a highlight it's about him fucking up. I will be suprised if he gets much playing time when Gronk finally gets back. Thompkins is fucking legit though. He still has a ways to go. I'm a little sad though. Some of Thompkins talent is going to be lost because Brady isn't the same player he used to be. I wished they would have found a receiver like this during 06-07.

How bad is Dobson hurt :(?

Also, what happened to Chan and Yankee?

Edit:
zZUFfGo.jpg

Lulz

Spinluck

I wonder if some team would trade 4-5 first round picks for J.J. Watt? Time to blow this shit up. With those 5 picks, I'd draft all QB's.

Keep everything you guys got on defense.

Best shot you guys have at this point. You just need a better QB than Schoob right now.

We'll give you Hasslebeast for your 2nd best O-linemen.

Godslay

Banned
Nah, they are getting fat on wins mutually. This does not mean any Patriots win was a blowout while I see 4 Broncos blowouts. No need to be so humble.

They both beat bad teams so far. That's my only point. I'll remain humble until we do something worthwhile in the postseason. I still think we are a very good team and I'm in bliss watching these guys work.

Patriots7

Who are bad, next.

Bucs always play the Saints hard. When was the last time they made the playoffs?
What is this? Rex Ryan always plays the Patriots hard (let's forget butt fumble).
The Jets have made 2 playoff runs under his tenure.
So if we take all of this together, if the Patriots who are a shell of their former offense, were able to beat the Jets led by Ryan who has notoriously played them hard and have made recent playoff appearances, does that mean the Jets defeat this year is even more significant than even I am estimating?

That's true. Look at the Pats.
4-0 when their most prolific receiver is an undrafted rookie...
Hell, last year at this point, when their offense yet again broke NFL records, they were 2-2, with a win over only the Titans and the Bills.

Roddy White is hobbled, but you do have a point there, the defense is improving. Pats played the numbers game. Put Talib on White and bracketed Gonzalez and figured Ryan would never get to Julio and they were right. Why didn't the Falcons run? Pats had two of their run stuffers gone?

Because they can't. Their talent at RB sucks and they know it. Matt Ryan got into a throwing match, which, SURPRISE, he choked away.

Patriots are a well coached team with well coached players, who have so far had the luxury of beating poor teams. Sorry, it's true.
A hobbled Roddy White is still a pretty good receiver.
They chose to abandon the run. I thought they would utilize Snelling far more than they managed to (Wahoowa).
They are a well coached team. I'll agree with that.
Poor teams? It's a little too early to make that claim.

Hunter S.

They both beat bad teams so far. That's my only point. I'll remain humble until we do something worthwhile in the postseason. I still think we are a very good team and I'm in bliss watching these guys work.

It is the journey not the the finish that counts.

Quote from smart men everywhere, brotha!

jakncoke

Banned
I was going to say how salty you fucks going to be when Steelers get Clowney or whatever other top 5 pick. But 1 top 5 pick to a terribly put together team will mean fuck all. Fuck Colbert, Tomlin and the Rooneys.

Drakeon

I was going to say how salty you fucks going to be when Steelers get Clowney or whatever other top 5 pick. But 1 top 5 pick to a terribly put together team will mean fuck all. Fuck Colbert, Tomlin and the Rooneys.

How's it feel to know that you're 3-5 years away from being competitive again?

Can the NFL please make a new rule that if an entire NFL division is crap, than teams with better records in better divisions can push them out. Going to be crap when good NFC teams don't qualify for the playoffs while garbage from the East does.

Caja 117

Well, based on your schedule what team can you consider a real problem?

Colts? Maybe the Chief? Looking at ours so far Broncos seem to be the toughest one.

Afrikan

Rashean Mathis passes Detroit Lions' concussion tests, but Bears blocked his return to game

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/09/lions_rashean_mathis_was_clear.html

DETROIT -- Cornerback Rashean Mathis passed the Detroit Lions' concussion tests and was cleared to return to Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears.

But the Bears overruled Detroit's doctors, which kept Mathis from returning.

As part of his testing, he was given five words and asked to repeat them, and was given a six-number sequence that he had to repeat backwards.

"I'm going to let you take the test," Mathis told a reporter. "You repeat 'em backwards: 6-1-7-8-2-5."

The reporter failed the test.

"But I passed 'em -- twice," Mathis said. "And just a little light test. Balance too."

Mathis said he was frustrated not to play in the second half, even though he felt no ill effects and had been cleared by his own staff, but the win helped mitigate those concerns.

holy shit at that test... I mean I passed the number one, but I didn't think I was going to be able to...and probably wouldn't pass it each time.

GusBus

Glass half full - At least we (Falcons) have an easy four games ahead. Jets, TB, AZ, and Panthers. We should be 5-3 at the Seahawks with most key guys back on the field. All hope is not lost...yet.

Patriots7

You act like Atlanta doesn't have tons of injuries.
They suck right now.
Agreed that they too have injuries.

Only point I've made is that Atlanta is still a contender.
I didn't even have the Patriots winning this.

The offense is a mess, but the defense has shown that they can play against a very good quarterback and offense.

This is huge, for New England. Especially when just this year, I would pray for the defense to not step foot on the field of any Patriots game.

Drakeon

Can the NFL please make a new rule that if an entire NFL division is crap, than teams with better records in better divisions can push them out. Going to be crap when good NFC teams don't qualify for the playoffs while garbage from the East does.

Whats the point of having any divisions then? We already saw a "crappy" team get into the playoffs (Seahawks @ 7-9) who happened to beat the, then Champion, New Orleans Saints.

Trey

Glass half full - At least we (Falcons) have an easy four games ahead. Jets, TB, AZ, and Panthers. We should be 5-3 at the Seahawks with most key guys back on the field. All hope is not lost...yet.

All of those teams aside from maybe Arizona have the capability of making things a shit show. I wouldn't count on anything.

TheFatOne

Agreed that they too have injuries.

Only point I've made is that Atlanta is still a contender.
I didn't even have the Patriots winning this.

The offense is a mess, but the defense has shown that they can play against a very good quarterback and offense.

This is huge, for New England. Especially when just this year, I would pray for the defense to not step foot on the field of any Patriots game.

I wouldn't go that far yet. Cowardly Ryan is an overrated QB, but Julio Jones/Tony Gonzalez are legit receivers. If they play well against Brees I will buy into that defense. Right now they have improved but are still flawed. All I asked for before the season started was improvement on defense, and they have showed that so far. Couldn't be happier as a Pats fans.

Edit:Apparently Mankins threw Wendell under the bus. Didn't get to see the interview he had so I can't confirm. Looks like he blamed Wendell for the snap on that fourth down play. If I get a link I will post it.

Godslay

Banned
Well, based on your schedule what team can you consider a real problem?

Colts? Maybe the Chief? Looking at ours so far Broncos seem to be the toughest one.

Boys, Colts, Chiefs, Pats, Chargers, Titans, and Texans all have the ability to beat us. Highest likelihood is the Chiefs imo. I think we split with them, each team winning at home in the case of the Chiefs. The other ones could go either way depending on how the game goes. Also have a weird feeling that Shanny is going to want to come in guns blazing.

GusBus

All of those teams aside from maybe Arizona have the capability of making things a shit show. I wouldn't count on anything.

TB is utter shit, and the Jets aren't much better. Arizona and the Panthers might be more challenging, but those are games we should win barring any freak acts of the universe.

TheFatOne

Man this Pats offense is going to be great if they ever get healthy, and can run the no huddle with the rookies. Edelman has been really impressive this season. I have given him a ton of shit over the years, but he really stepped up this year.

2013-09-29-23_59_17.gif

Caja 117

Boys, Colts, Chiefs, Pats, Chargers, Titans, and Texans all have the ability to beat us. Highest likelihood is the Chiefs imo. I think we split with them, each team winning at home in the case of the Chiefs. The other ones could go either way depending on how the game goes. Also have a weird feeling that Shanny is going to want to come in guns blazing.

Idk about Titans, We have to see if their QB is not badly injured.

Kacar

Damn wtf

GTA spoliers
that torture mission really turned me off of the game I've been fine with everything before but this just seemed too much. Its fine to watch torture but to be controlling the Guy doing it felt wrong. Loving the game otherwise.

Patriots7

I wouldn't go that far yet. Cowardly Ryan is an overrated QB, but Julio Jones/Tony Gonzalez are legit receivers. If they play well against Brees I will buy into that defense. Right now they have improved but are still flawed. All I asked for before the season started was improvement on defense, and they have showed that so far. Couldn't be happier as a Pats fans.

Edit:Apparently Mankins threw Wendell under the bus. Didn't get to see the interview he had so I can't confirm. Looks like he blamed Wendell for the snap on that fourth down play. If I get a link I will post it.
Overrated?

Outside of Manning, Brees and Brady, you wouldn't put Ryan in the next echelon of quarterbacks? (I'm talking Roethlisberger, E. Manning, Flacco, Rivers, couple of others)

Just saw Watt's post game speech after the Texans lost. That dude was irate! Would not surprise me at all if there is some friendly fire in training camp this week. Poor Schaub, he's even trending -- that's how bad it is. He's so gone if the Colts or Titans win the division.

Just saw Watt's post game speech after the Texans lost. That dude was irate! Would not surprise me at all if there is some friendly fire in training camp this week. Poor Schaub, he's even trending -- that's how bad it is. He's so gone if the Colts or Titans win the division.

Schaub is David Carr 2.0. Time to get a new QB.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
While everyone was talking about Schoob, apparently Flacco went and threw five picks today. Way to cry for attention there.

Top Bottom