• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How is this a Romo choke? If the defense had stopped the Broncos at all it wouldn't have been an issue. 500+, 5TDs, and 1 INT isn't bad. That loss is on the defense.

Eagerly looking forward to First Take tomorrow.

Here's a preview for you
stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

Ultratech

I ain't going to entirely blame Romo on that play. His foot got caught on a linemen and couldn't drive into his throw. It was a small window, sure but Romo couldn't get the velocity needed to get the ball in there.

Good game Denver fans. I can take some solace in the fact that the Cowboys O can at least hang with the best.

At the very least, they showed Denver is vulnerable.

Defense isn't worth a shit.

Not to mention gave ol' Peypey his first INT of the season.

oneHeero

I ain't going to entirely blame Romo on that play. His foot got caught on a linemen and couldn't drive into his throw. It was a small window, sure but Romo couldn't get the velocity needed to get the ball in there.

Good game Denver fans. I can take some solace in the fact that the Cowboys O can at least hang with the best.
This. Tough loss on the best game of his career. Such bs. Defense needed to make more big plays. Doesn't matter if they had a pick, against manning you need to do more than have a pick, maybe a couple of sacks? Some pressure? Sheesh.

How is this a Romo choke? If the defense had stopped the Broncos at all it wouldn't have been an issue. 500+, 5TDs, and 1 INT isn't bad. That loss is on the defense.

The timing of the INT was terrible. Granted it's a team game, and a loss is usually on more than one person, but when you consider how good he looked the entire game, to all of a sudden look rattled and shaky and make a crappy throw into coverage like that late in the 4th fits the definition of a "choke" pretty well.

Caja 117

The record books that Goodell burned to cover up the franchise-wise systemic cheating?

Brady doesn't have anything. He had fake rings and those got stolen by Putin anyway.

Ok, believe what you will. I will agree with you that, IMO Peyton is a Better QB than Brady, but I dont agree in saying Brady isnt a good QB.

Hunter S.

At the very least, they showed Denver is vulnerable.

Defense isn't worth a shit.

Not to mention gave ol' Peypey his first INT of the season.

Your the only team to score those kinds of points. The D will be better with Champ and Von back.

@Gator Want to do an avatar bet for the Jags game?!?

Godslay

Banned
Manning won us a ring, so I'm good.

What? Manning won a ring? Nonsense 9-11 brah.

They did offer good protection, but Von Miller was gone, and the secondary was depleted in terms of CBs. Let's not compare this defense with the best of them.

Well at least now Cowboys won't be full of themselves and will be angry when they play the Redskins next week. Had they won this then they would have almost assuredly played like shit next week.

Eiolon

Interesting game. I think the last one of that high in score was 2009 playoffs with Packers vs Cardinals. The defenses for both of these teams sucked today. Broncos D getting lazy because they know the offense will carry them. They need to get that fixed and fast.

The timing of the INT was terrible. Granted it's a team game, and a loss is usually on more than one person, but when you consider how good he looked the entire game, to all of a sudden look rattled and shaky and make a crappy throw into coverage like that late in the 4th fits the definition of a "choke" pretty well.
As much as I love to make fun of Romo, I think today's INT was more reversion to the mean than anything. Tony Romo had a stat line of 5 TDs and 0 INTs. That madness isn't sustainable!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I might lose my mind completely if Schoob throws another pick 6 tonight.

cashman

Banned

It looked like a lineman got in front of him and he couldn't drive that ball in there. Granted its a small window, but if there was nobody around him he probably makes that throw.

That was one hell of a game, not much defense, but so exciting. This one hurts. Man it sucks that it ended that way. But I give lots of credit to the Broncos, to go on the road and give up 48, but still win, that's something.

Heysoos

Holy fuck I hate the Cowboys fans I have added on Facebook. "draft a qb" Like why the fuck is no one looking at our defense. They haven't been able to stop anyone since the Rams or the Giants. They played terribly against the Chargers, now the Broncos.

Drakeon

I feel so bad I missed this Denver game. :(

I really expected it to be a shitshow, but it really turned out to be a great game. Now we need a 3rd, a close Niners/Texans game with the Niners ultimately winning. I mean, I'd also take a blowout with Shoob throwing 3 pick 6's.

That was the most hilarious NFL game ever.

Tony Romo turns uses hacks before the game, turns on God Mode and goes off for 500 yards and 5 TD's and gets blamed for the loss in a game which the Dallas defence gave up 51 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom