• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthews has a broken thumb... good season boys!

See ya in 2014!

At least I have Breaking Bad

At least I have GTA V

At least it's summer

Welp.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Apparently David Carr is going to a place?
Goddamit Texans. I still love you though...

On behalf of the Cowboys I want to welcome the other, so called better, team from Texas to the 2-3 club. Welcome!

I keep thinking about that Bronco's game. I thought they'd lose big, giving up 50 some points in a bid blowout. The fact they were in it, but also still lost in that traditional heartbreaking way. Man i don't know if that is a better or worse loss.

I'll be real curious to see how the Cowboys react to that next week

Colasante

So Rick Spielman has brought in Donovan McNabb, Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel, and now Josh Freeman to play quarterback for his team. Hm, I wonder what his Achilles' heel is as an evaluator.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 13m
Kubiak says Schaub is still the starter. #Texans

BV8c_ytCQAEZmtG.jpg

squicken

Seahawks blame officials despite their own constant holding and pass interference

“Things like that are going to happen on the road,” Sherman said. “You’re never going to get any calls.”

• Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate was called for offensive pass interference after making a 31-yard reception in the second quarter, although there appeared to be virtually no contact between him and Colts defensive back Darius Butler. Seattle eventually scored on the drive, however.

“Some of those calls that went against us, at worst, maybe could have went either way,” Tate said. “I thought some of pass interference calls made in their favor could have gone the other way. We can’t waste our time thinking about this, but we all have an opinion. We all saw the game.”

• A high hit by Colts linebacker Jerrell Freeman on Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson on what turned out to be the Seahawks’ last offensive play. Butler intercepted Wilson’s pass to end any Seattle hope of a comeback.

“I’d like to see what happened on that one, whether it’s finable or not,” Carroll said. “You see plays like that all the time and they go the other way.”

Said Wilson: “He hit me pretty good. I was hoping to get a flag. An automatic first down would have been nice. But I’m not expecting that. Not at all.”

• The officials ruled Reggie Wayne was short of a first down when he went out of bounds midway through the fourth quarter. That would have made it fourth-and-1 at the Seattle 24, but Colts coach Chuck Pagano challenged and his team got a new spot and a first down. Two plays later, Donald Brown scored from the 3, giving the Colts the lead for good.

“Smart challenge on their part,” Carroll said. “They usually don’t change those spot challenges, but they did today.”

In the end, it was all part of a frustrating day for the Seahawks, who ran for 218 yards and had two runners (Wilson and Marshawn Lynch) eclipse 100 yards. They out-gained the Colts 423-317 overall yet were sent back to the Pacific Northwest with a loss.

“Offensively, I felt like we were really in control in terms of moving the football,” Wilson said. “That felt really good. Once we cross that 30-yard line, we’ve got to find a way to get more touchdowns. Once we do that, that game won’t be close.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131006/SPORTS03/310060053/1058/SPORTS03

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

MechDX

xCeSYI5.png

Unless Yates or Keenum can offer a better chance to win, what do you do? Also you can change your avatar now.

I was in that mindset this past week. right now this season is a trainwreck! There is no way in hell Schaub still has the team behind him. No fucking way at all.

Mindlog

The last time the Bucs grabbed a former Viking drafted QB we won the Super Bowl.
It probably works the other way around as well. AP will get his ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom