• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. One thing I have noticed is that the o-line is much worse at pass blocking when the team becomes one dimensional. Tannehill wasn't sacked at all during the first half of the Saints game because the Dolphins were having success running the ball and keeping things varied. Once they abandoned the run in the second half the sacks started piling up.

I know Philbin isn't a huge fan of running the ball, especially when the team is down, but they are obviously not good enough at pass protection (including RB's and TE's) or QB (some of the sacks are Tannehill's fault) to completely abandon the run. Once the opposition knows that they only have to watch for the pass things get ugly.

Can't really blame them for that. Saints had a big lead - most teams are going to be one dimensional then and that's when sacks pile up.

Fox318

Why are people siding with Freeman. Tampa is full of a bunch of bums and needs to be cleaned out. Like Nintendo or your colon after Taco Bell.

If this game was at home, I'd feel confident against the Dolphins. But on the road, couldn't be more worried. There are few things more certain than Joe Flacco will shit the bed on the road.
Don't worry, the Dolphins lost their last game so I'm sure the stadium will be about half full (with 40% or so of fans in attendance being Ravens fans).

Can't really blame them for that. Saints had a big lead - most teams are going to be one dimensional then and that's when sacks pile up.
That's kind of my point. I think the o-line is average but not great, and you need a great o-line to protect a QB in a one-dimensional offense, especially when he is prone to holding onto the ball too long. I am not as down on the o-line and guys like Jonathan Martin as most Dolphins fans.

cdyhybrid

Welp.

710 ESPN Seattle ‏@710ESPNSeattle 1m
RT @RavensInsider B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks.

Draxal

They already have their succession plan in place. Jonathan Kraft takes over for Robert Kraft, Josh McDaniels takes over for Bill Belichick, Tim Tebow takes over for Tom Brady. It is known.

Hoodie is going to go back to NJ/Rutgers so he can bang all the NJ housewives he can.

More PFF stuff:

RT Tyson Clabo (-2.5) had another poor performance, allowing 4 hurries, 2 hits and a sack.

The Dolphins gained 75 yards on 9 designed rushes to the left side, and just 18 yards on 7 carries up the middle and to the right.
Clabo and Jerry are the primary issues with the o-line. Martin has actually been decent, as has Incognito.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
donte whitner has officially changed his last name to "Hitner".... apparently. why not change his name to donte can'tcoverner or donte dropspicksandthenletstheguyontheramsgetan18yardgaininstead

Sounds appropriate enough to me. What else is he going to do?

pierre_medium_medium.gif

bushbodyslam.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Um, what? Why? Come on, Schneider, don't do it just to get back at SF.

Maybe we're just going to dress him up, then trade him off, but we have to use a roster spot for this.

...or maybe this is a sign of how confident they are in our pass protection. :(

Talon

Definitely. One thing I have noticed is that the o-line is much worse at pass blocking when the team becomes one dimensional. Tannehill wasn't sacked at all during the first half of the Saints game because the Dolphins were having success running the ball and keeping things varied. Once they abandoned the run in the second half the sacks started piling up.
Water is wet. Sky is up.

eznark

Banned
Um, what? Why? Come on, Schneider, don't do it just to get back at SF.

Maybe we're just going to dress him up, then trade him off.

Because it is hilarious. And who gives a shit? Not like it costs anything.

And there is no market for this guy, good lord guys.

tmdorsey

Clabo and Jerry are the primary issues with the o-line. Martin has actually been decent, as has Incognito.

Ha and people here are complaining about us letting Clabo go.

As far as the Falcons go, it seems the line is much better when Holmes is at LT and Trueblood is at RT.

Milchjon

Dutch, I consider you a friend, but I think you are wrong here. Von and Aldon's ceiling is higher than Houston's. Houston is playing well, but he's getting fat off bad linemen. So yeah, he's outperforming them, cause they aren't playing. Fine me if need be.

On another note, it's nice to have someone do the work for you.

My man crush for Justin Houston knows no bounds, brother. I believe he has the potential to be the best pass rusher in his draft class in the long haul (After JJ Watt, but he's probably the best overall from '11). Plus for me the fact that they are dumb enough to get suspended like they have been, also doesn't help in their favor. But lets just agree to disagree then, and get back to this over a beer in a couple of years.

ZShEw8O.gif

AD is so incredibly awesome.

Water is wet. Sky is up.
All four sacks in the Saints game came on non-blitzes in the second half. Of course it's pretty predictable but it's worth looking into when your QB has been sacked more than anyone else in the league.

My point was the o-line actually looked much better than in the previous three games until the offense was forced to become one-dimensional.

Can you waive somebody signed off waivers then practice squad them?

no. once he clears waivers you could, but if you sign someone off waivers it has to be to the 53 man roster

and i called this the second it happened. knew the chickens would get him! god speed blow job, i am glad you are finally able to experience being on a winning team

Hunter S.

My man crush for Justin Houston knows no bounds, brother. I believe he has the potential to be the best pass rusher in his draft class in the long haul (After JJ Watt, but he's probably the best overall from '11). Plus for me the fact that they are dumb enough to get suspended like they have been, also doesn't help in their favor. But lets just agree to disagree then, and get back to this over a beer in a couple of years.

ZShEw8O.gif

AD is so incredibly awesome.
Dutch is a closet Chiefs fan! He watches their every game!

filler

Banned
HoFlynn 6.5 mil paperweight.

Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd 40m
Pryor is symptom free, will start for Raiders vs. Chargers. Matt McGloin is backup. Flynn dropped to No. 3 QB

McGloin is an undrafted rookie

Milchjon

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 22m
Ridley (knee), Dobson (neck), Thompkins (shoulder), Hightower (knee) and Wilson (hamstring) were new additions on the injury report.

Yeah, I know, Pats injury report. Still, Ridley didn't practice today

It's amazing how busted this team is this season.

HoFlynn 6.5 mil paperweight.

McGloin is an undrafted rookie

Flynn might actually get cut, and promote Wilson from PS. Flynn has offset language so if he catches on somewhere else, Raiders get a little money back. Have enough cap room to take hit this year as well.

squicken

Two late games? Cards and Panthers that no one wants to see and a Denver game that will be over by half time? Damn Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom