• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch, I consider you a friend, but I think you are wrong here. Von and Aldon's ceiling is higher than Houston's. Houston is playing well, but he's getting fat off bad linemen. So yeah, he's outperforming them, cause they aren't playing. Fine me if need be.

On another note, it's nice to have someone do the work for you.

Have to agree with Slay, the only semi-competent lineman Houston has faced, pretty much shut him down.

Colasante

Damn. Raw Dog Bradshaw going balls deep on the Taco King.

Good. For however much a piece of shit Schiano is, I become very wary whenever everyone in the media piles on one person. Josh Freeman has handled this situation poorly at every single turn as well, and everyone seems to be skating over the fact that he was terrible at his job on every level and deserved everything that came to him (at least until the medical record leak).

ib1ygjv2vDfhfL.gif

My Weekly Brown > Wallace post.

He has been one of the few bright spots, especially the last two weeks. Cotch seems to be sparking as well. Sanders on the other hand, he needs to get his head out of his ass.

Godslay

Banned
Have to agree with Slay, the only semi-competent lineman Houston has faced, pretty much shut him down.

Initiallly, I thought that he was beasting. But after you mentioned getting shutdown, I looked again. He did beat up on some guys, and has played well, but 3.0 sacks came against the Jags, and 4.5 came against Philly. Nothing against the Giants and the Cowboys. That's not to say he's a good player, but it's hard to put him in a category with Von and Aldon when they have done it consistently against good competition. If Houston does it consistently against good comp. I have no problem putting him with those guys. As of right now, he's flashed, and played well so far this season.

jakncoke

Banned
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 1h
ProFootballFocus ranks Mike Adams tied for 69th among OT in NFL of 72 rated. They rank Levi Brown 60th. Not a big improvement there.

smh

bionic77

Vince "I'm actually worse than Larry Foote" Williams.

Clark is used up, done. But they'll probably trot him out there for the Jets game.
I would be shocked if Clark plays the next game. Tomlin has lost the team. You have to make an example out of the bad seeds. Clark is being the biggest bitch. There is no other way to get the team back. Singletary tried taking his pants off but that did not work.

ibmICGlkkXhM51.gif

Last big play of the game...Man...after Adams (#76) getting abused all day, he finally contains Allen, but gives no help to to Beachum (#68) who gives up the sack. Steelers Football.

Good game from the Vikes. Rode their HOF RB as much as necessary and Cassel took what was given.

Steelers are not old and slow. They're young and inexperienced. Defense had a terrible game, and have been woefully out of position since Foote went down. I guess if nothing else it proves why Lebeau had Foote in for so long despite not being up to the job physically. I can't remember the last time I saw the Steelers give up so many backside runs in a season.

Offense, as I suspected, is looking better. Heath returning has opened up the passing game immensely (and put Paulson where he belongs - on the bench) and having a competent back has somewhat restored our running game. Only gaping problem now is LT. Gilbert seems to have learned from his temporary benching, here's hope Adams gets it after his.

I would be shocked if Clark plays the next game. Tomlin has lost the team. You have to make an example out of the bad seeds. Clark is being the biggest bitch. There is no other way to get the team back. Singletary tried taking his pants off but that did not work.

Who's he going to replace him with? Golden? If you thought you saw big plays before....

jakncoke

Banned
It's bad when the only way you remember having sex is the crust when you go pee after waking up

If that isnt is a sign you have a drinking problem then there never will be untill that one day in 25 years, you sit down in the doctors office and and he confirms that you have Cirrhosis

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I missed this earlier:

Damn. Raw Dog Bradshaw going balls deep on the Taco King.

Good. For however much a piece of shit Schiano is, I become very wary whenever everyone in the media piles on one person. Josh Freeman has handled this situation poorly at every single turn as well, and everyone seems to be skating over the fact that he was terrible at his job on every level and deserved everything that came to him (at least until the medical record leak).
weren't there reports of Schiano asking him not to come to a meeting and then saying he didnt show up to it and purposefully making it look like Freeman was in the wrong in these situations?

Sorry, I just cant take someone like Weasel Schiano at his word.

Time to put the bottle down bro

For real

I don't do it as often anymore. Its just a habbit I guess when I do.

Not the first time it happened with a girl, but the last time I woke up mid sex which was alright. Ended up puking half way through but still.

Edit: This weekend will be my last time drinking till my birthday in late November so I am taking better care of myself guys.

LOve you all

weren't there reports of Schiano asking him not to come to a meeting and then saying he didnt show up to it and purposefully making it look like Freeman was in the wrong in these situations?

total smear campaign. i never thought freeman was going to be a good player but he was serviceable. reminds me of what nolan did with alex smith only alex smith never took the bait. schiano is a doucher

jakncoke

Banned
Does it really matter who replaces who at this point? I know technically we could back from the division because we are 2 games back with only 1 division loss to Cincy who is 1-1 atm. But really this team is bad. Starting rinsing out the cancer and no talents

Bowser

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 1h
The Cardinals took Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson. Then personnel director Steve Keim had to restrain himself in the war room. He's now GM.

lol

bionic77

Where did you get that he's undermining the coach?
Any time the coach loses the team there is usually a guy leading that charge. Seems like that guy is Clark for us.

I hate them all right now so I am ok with benching any of the 20 or so people not giving enough effort.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How in the world did the Bucs fall so far so fast? What a mess.

squicken

The Cardinals took Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson. Then personnel director Steve Keim had to restrain himself in the war room. He's now GM.

lol

The thing was that was known before the draft. It was like Keim told the whole world even before it happened that he loved AP and hated Brown. Whiz and Graves just really wanted a tackle

eznark

Banned

lol

That was the correct pick at the time. Easy one, too.

Colasante

Yeah, but this situation is being handled poorly on both sides and neither Schiano nor Freeman are speaking the real truth in public, they're both waging guerrilla PR campaigns. Why believe that Schiano told Freeman to miss the meeting when it's entirely possible Freeman's camp made up Schiano telling him to miss it?

All I'm saying is that there is no more reason to believe reports coming from Freeman's agent than from Schiano's- both sides have axes to grind and are doing everything to make the other side look bad.

donte whitner has officially changed his last name to "Hitner".... apparently. why not change his name to donte can'tcoverner or donte dropspicksandthenletstheguyontheramsgetan18yardgaininstead

cdyhybrid

Any time the coach loses the team there is usually a guy leading that charge. Seems like that guy is Clark for us.

I hate them all right now so I am ok with benching any of the 20 or so people not giving enough effort.

But you guys might start losing games if you bench that many people!

Too conspiracy theory for my taste. Clark's just finished is all.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, but this situation is being handled poorly on both sides and neither Schiano nor Freeman are speaking the real truth in public, they're both waging guerrilla PR campaigns. Why believe that Schiano told Freeman to miss the meeting when it's entirely possible Freeman's camp made up Schiano telling him to miss it?

All I'm saying is that there is no more reason to believe reports coming from Freeman's agent than from Schiano's- both sides have axes to grind and are doing everything to make the other side look bad.

Yeah, the Josh Freeman defense force is insanely bizarre to me. Freeman has always been considered a lazy coaster, this isn't some retconning of a dedicated budding superstar by his evil coach.

KaYotiX

Banned
Nice OP, im a little late to post but its great :)

GO PACK!!! Man I hope we come out on fire and don't put up a goose egg after the bye....

cdyhybrid

Yeah, the Josh Freeman defense force is insanely bizarre to me. Freeman has always been considered a lazy coaster, this isn't some retconning of a dedicated budding superstar by his evil coach.

Be that as it may, Schiano is still a douche.

Doomsayer

Why in the fuck did we cut BJ Daniels for John fucking Skelton?

What the fuck is going on?

Skelton is fucking trash. Why have we been making these questionable moves as of late? Harbaalke hit on their first few gambles but lately have been whiffing. Hard.

eznark

Banned
Skelton probably adds a lot more in film study than BJ Daniels. He always struck me as a guy who had football smarts but just lacked the physical ability. That kind of guy can be super valuable. The 49ers lost a film room stud in Tolzien, probably just trying to recapture some of the greatness.

Why in the fuck did we cut BJ Daniels for John fucking Skelton?

What the fuck is going on?

Skelton is fucking trash. Why have we been making these questionable moves as of late? Harbaalke hit on their first few gambles but lately have been whiffing. Hard.

i can only assume we are basically cutting our read option game down to nothing. harbs saw last weeks game and what happened when we got back to a more traditional running offense. what he doesn't understand is that it was against the rams and it is fools gold.

we are trying to get blow job back on the practice squad so we'll see if anyone else picks him up. on one hand i wouldn't want daniels starting this year. on the other hand, i wouldn't want skelton either. if we get down to the #3 QB we are fucked regardless so i don't understand why we made this move. blow job is also a lot cheaper than skelton i assume.... oh well

Doomsayer

Sounds a lot like Colt McCoy, to be honest.

I don't know why you take a chance on cutting someone like Daniels who can run the type of offense we want to run with a similar skill set to Kap.

I feel like the FO is starting to over think things a bit too much. Kind of like bringing in that heap of shit Mangini to be an "offensive consultant." Absolutely trivial hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom