• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is his pocket awareness? Find it difficult to put all the blame on the line.

Iffy at times but nowhere near as bad as those sacks suggest, it falls mostly on the terrible oline and rb/te protection.

Edit: Although he does hold onto the ball too long sometimes, but again most sacks are on poor protection not Tannehill.

How is his pocket awareness? Find it difficult to put all the blame on the line.
It's been questionable but less of an issue lately. I'll put it this way, he was giving up sacks in crucial moments where you never want to give up a sack yesterday and I was only mad at the o-line. He just never stood a chance, the pocket just collapsed so fast.

But yeah, when you are getting sacked at record pace there is plenty of blame to go around. O-line, TE's, RB's, coaching, Tannehill, they're all struggling.

Mindlog

SNES pay attention next time. The Bucs are getting ready to make a Super Bowl run and we need our peoples back. Mike Glennon is legi... Nintendo is going to.... Schiano is fi....

Shit. There's really no reason to come back.

Looks like we are thinking the same stuff, chris.trejo. Funny but also kind of sad. At least the schedule lets up a little after the bye, plus the D should be a lot healthier.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I think Stephen A. And Carter are the only two analysts worth watching, and not exactly because of their sport knowlledge.

Speaking of ESPN, what is NFL gaf general opinion on Gruden?

I call Gruden the Mountie, because he ALWAYS. GETS. HIS. MAN. That man is a football commentator. There is nobody that has the raw grit and skill to talk about the National Football League like the Mountie. I was studying tape on this man, and what really stood out to me was how much he just loves the game of football.

Fox318

PJmGQXdl.jpg

Looks like we are thinking the same stuff, chris.trejo. Funny but also kind of sad. At least the schedule lets up a little after the bye, plus the D should be a lot healthier.

Yeah :( I really hope the D comes back healthier, that's about the only option we have to stay competitive into December barring some miracle to the oline.

Here are some sad stats on Tannehill I just saw on my twitter:

Was 4-7 on passes of 20 yards or more for 161 yards
When blitzed he was 7-11 for 116 yards.

but

everyone on OL gave up a sack except for Pouncey
5 dropped passes, 3 from Wallace, 1 for Hartline and Clay.
Last time all defensive starters were on the field...week 1 vs Cleveland.

This team man....ugh.

Godslay

Banned
Class, knowledge, and masterful use of the English language.

Ray is good. I enjoy him as an analyst. I thought he would be loud and maybe over the top, but he is mellow, smart, and just a classy guy. Gruden will always be first to me, but Ray is right up there in this short amount of time.

Ricker

Why the heck am I catching this game tonight on The CW all of a sudden lol...and their pre-game show is weird,well different anyway lol...

Caja 117

Ray is good. I enjoy him as an analyst. I thought he would be loud and maybe over the top, but he is mellow smart, and just a classy guy. Gruden will always be first to me, but Ray is right up there in this short amount of time.

Thats what I dont like him, he is kind of boring like that, as Im expecting something like Madden 13 intro from him

Yeah :( I really hope the D comes back healthier, that's about the only option we have to stay competitive into December barring some miracle to the oline.

Here are some sad stats on Tannehill I just saw on my twitter:

Was 4-7 on passes of 20 yards or more for 161 yards
When blitzed he was 7-11 for 116 yards.

but

everyone on OL gave up a sack except for Pouncey
5 dropped passes, 3 from Wallace, 1 for Hartline and Clay.
Last time all defensive starters were on the field...week 1 vs Cleveland.

This team man....ugh.
You know, I miss Sean Smith. Hell, I miss Vontae Davis too.

This team with a good o-line and more depth on D would be awesome. That's the dream, that's the goal, I just hope Tannehill doesn't get wrecked on the way there.

Godslay

Banned
Thats what I dont like him, he is kind of boring like that, as Im expecting something like Madden 13 intro from him

Each to their own I guess. Too hype and it would get old watching him.

I just found that Jerry Jones was the inspiration for Baxter Cain?
:jnc

Whats the internship brother

Family business has a website, they want to take that website and move it to another domain. Sounds easy enough? Problem is the websites are run by a person extorting them out of money and they're afraid of doing anything because of a vindictive attack that could, likely, kill their business. They also want an in store barcode inventory system created that can connect to their website store as it's automated, but I'm unfamiliar in that area and unsure how complicated it would be to connect the two.

Smokey

After soaking in all the shitty callers on sports radio, being removed from the game for about a day, and reading my favorite nfl bloggers, I still dont think changing QB's is the best thing to do. Every Houston caller (who just sounded like fat rednecks who had been drinking at 1pm on a monday) sounded off, wishing for every QB option but schaub despite our best objective beat writers still maintaining that Schaub is clearly better than TJ and Keenum.

Barnwell brings up what I keep thinking: Eli goes up and down, and has had periods of wretched play, yet hes won 2 rings. Flacco is the same, won 1. Its very hard for a qb to regress completely, and Schaub should still be able to regain some form.

SI and Barnwell are right about the playcalling. Its vanilla, and predictable when the game is tight. Kubiak has tried to get aggressive with playcalling, but in a half assed fashion. He now knows when its time to be aggressive, but he still doesn't get the play calls right (often resorting to conservative long developing short throws when the defense is obviously bringing pressure). And its confirmed Schaub often cant audible out of those calls.

Schaub is a stop-gap at this point, but the pick sixes should also rest on Kubiaks shitty playcalling shoulder. I just wish the normal Houston fan wouldnt be so...stupid and knee jerky.

So lunch went well with McNair today?

Daniel Radcliffe's fantasy team name is pretty damn funny
What’s your fantasy team name?

Um, my team name is Barkevious Mingo’s Mum. I just think Barkevious Mingo is the greatest name I’ve ever heard, and the fact that his mum invented that name is also amazing. And in that league I have the Cleveland defense as well, and they had an amazing game the other day against Buffalo, so I’m incredibly grateful to the Cleveland defense, Barkevious Mingo and his mother.
http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/daniel-radcliffes-fantasy-football-dreams/?_r=2&
Didn't know he likes the NFL so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom