• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Kubiak said at presser TJ nor Case would get any more snaps than normal...going to "help" Matt through this....

McNair HALP!!!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Luck is definitely shaping up nicely. The Colts are in great position to retake control of their division, although I really doubt that trade for Richardson will pan out for them.

It's more than that. They thought with a supposedly top defense, good run game, and good not great QB they could Flacco their way to a SB. But they just learned that 2012 was an aberration and the league again belongs to the teams with the top QBs

NOLA, GB, DEN, IND. Whoever is healthy and gets turnover luck wins the SB
I want to believe!

Kinda pessimistic about the Packers making the playoffs. But if they sneak in... well, our weaknesses this year are perfectly in line with the playoff rulebook! Garbage offensive line? No problem, just hold! Secondary can't cover? Hold!

Not sure about Indy. Also, don't sleep on KC, they're basically the mid 00s Bears reborn. I expect them to bullshit their way to 12-4 and a playoff win.

Seattle will be the #1 seed that gets upset by some scrappy crappy wild card team that barely made the playoffs.

Tom Penny

lol yea right. Guy has the best game of his career, puts up 5 TDs, 500+ yds, but it's his fault the Broncos were capable of scoring 51 pts and the loss is on him given what you can see in the gif.

you guys are the biggest haters lol. I love reading it, comes off as bitter even when the cowboys lose.

:( :( :(

I'm very bitter Romo played the best game of his life and his career thus far regardless of that game is known for being a certified choke artist. You got me.

cdyhybrid

I want to believe!

Kinda pessimistic about the Packers making the playoffs. But if they sneak in... well, our weaknesses this year are perfectly in line with the playoff rulebook! Garbage offensive line? No problem, just hold! Secondary can't cover? Hold!

Not sure about Indy. Also, don't sleep on KC, they're basically the mid 00s Bears reborn. I expect them to bullshit their way to 12-4 and a playoff win.

Seattle will be the #1 seed that gets upset by some scrappy crappy wild card team that barely made the playoffs.

Saints will probably get the #1 seed. None of the teams in their division have a pulse.

Wes

venison crêpe
ibab5qH3WCOCMy.gif

LAUGHING-HASLAM.gif

squicken

KC could have had a shot as a division winner, but trying to make it as a lower seed on the road just isn't Alex's game. I think you guys will avoid SF and NYG (obviously) in the playoffs, and your division-mates are so comically inept that you might as well start resting players now

I'm also not totally sold on Indy. Mostly related to defense, though that is really just turnover luck once the playoffs start

PantherWinMAIN.jpg

Thank you based D Wash for backing up everything I said while you were out. Best ILB in the league and it's not even close. Such a monster, would never guess this was his first game of the season with no practices or anything. He said he needs to get back in shape a bit more which you could see when Cam was actually able to catch him after the pick (credit still goes to Cam for his ridiculous athleticism) but Lott will get him there in no time. So glad to have you back!

Sowell surprised the hell out of me on how well he held up against one of the top front 7s in the league. He gets another nice test these next couple weeks so we'll get an idea of what we have in him. It would blow my mind if he turned out to be a great LT and we didn't have to use our top pick on one but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one just yet.

Defense is getting better and better and will be back to elite soon. This is great as I was worried Bowles would fuck things up a bit. DWash adds so much as not only does he terrorize side line to side line, but he demands coverage allowing others to get through like Campbell and good lord did Dansby have his best game with Wash in. 7 sacks, 3 picks, several tackles for loss, and a safety for the D? I'll take it! I'd also like to point out that we're second in the league against the run behind Denver who has had less rush attempts against them (though not much). Powers still looked bad for much of the game but made a few nice plays. Fortunately Panthers couldn't catch shit when he did blow his coverage.

Offense is unacceptable, still so many points left on the field. It's incredibly frustrating when the D gives them amazing field position from multiple turnovers or great punt returns and they go 3 and out or have to settle for a FG. Part of the problem is still the line but Palmer needs to not force shit. Fortunately he pointed out forcing those two picks to Fitz so I think he has learned his lesson and won't make that mistake going forward...I hope. The first pick was Floyd's fault, young player mistake to not swat the ball away if he fails to beat out his coverage. He had the size advantage, no excuses.

Our D is going to give us a chance each week but the O better get their shit together quick or we'll start losing like crazy. Easy part of the schedule is now over and the real test begins. Only gimmies left are the Jags, probably Eagles, and Rams at home. God would it feel good to at least split with the Niners and Chickens. BELIEVE.

Matthews thing is obviously his hamstring more than his thumb.

Also bummed about Francois he actually plays like a linebacker unlike a pussy ass contain machine like that slow ass MENSA member Brad Jones.

squicken

Bless you Jay Cutler

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears
Jay Cutler w/@WaddleandSilvy: "We are going to continue to have growing pains (on offense). It's an every day process."

Cutler: "Drew (Brees) has been in that offense 8 years. We've been in it 8 months. Of course they are going to be ahead of us."

Cutler says completion percentage and interceptions are the two stats he thinks are
important for a QB.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN
Interesting. Lost fum vs Saints cost 15 pct win probability

KC could have had a shot as a division winner, but trying to make it as a lower seed on the road just isn't Alex's game. I think you guys will avoid SF and NYG (obviously) in the playoffs, and your division-mates are so comically inept that you might as well start resting players now

I'm also not totally sold on Indy. Mostly related to defense, though that is really just turnover luck once the playoffs start
Chiefs are one and done no matter who they face. Unless it's Peyton.

Drakeon

HOLD THE FUCK ON

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT GORDON?!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just rumors at this point, they've only been in talks. Doesn't mean it'll happen. Although, if Mike Lombardi really believes the season is lost now that Hoyer is out for the year, I guess I could see why he might consider it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just rumors at this point, they've only been in talks. Doesn't mean it'll happen. Although, if Mike Lombardi really believes the season is lost now that Hoyer is out for the year, I guess I could see why he might consider it.

I hope we don't trade him. Unless of course they know he's about to be suspended the rest of the year.

I have utter faith in our ability to tank even if he remains in the team.

Interesting fact: Peyton Manning has 20 TD in 5 games, while Blaine Gabbert has 22 TD in his entire 3 year career. This game between Jags vs. Broncos should be fun as Manning continues to create history.

EDIT: Blaine Gabbert is out for next game. Well its over before it started.

LOL. Also you can drop the garbage offensive line narrative now, it just makes you look foolish.
Still not sold. They played better sunday, I'll grant you that. But the Lions d-line is not exactly stiff competition (unless the contest is cheap shots)

Also, they still don't know how to chip. Rodgers made a ridiculous play to get the ball out un-tipped to Jordy (?) in the 2nd half that he shouldn't have had to make. it cost us the last drive against Cincy.

exarkun

After soaking in all the shitty callers on sports radio, being removed from the game for about a day, and reading my favorite nfl bloggers, I still dont think changing QB's is the best thing to do. Every Houston caller (who just sounded like fat rednecks who had been drinking at 1pm on a monday) sounded off, wishing for every QB option but schaub despite our best objective beat writers still maintaining that Schaub is clearly better than TJ and Keenum.

Barnwell brings up what I keep thinking: Eli goes up and down, and has had periods of wretched play, yet hes won 2 rings. Flacco is the same, won 1. Its very hard for a qb to regress completely, and Schaub should still be able to regain some form.

SI and Barnwell are right about the playcalling. Its vanilla, and predictable when the game is tight. Kubiak has tried to get aggressive with playcalling, but in a half assed fashion. He now knows when its time to be aggressive, but he still doesn't get the play calls right (often resorting to conservative long developing short throws when the defense is obviously bringing pressure). And its confirmed Schaub often cant audible out of those calls.

Schaub is a stop-gap at this point, but the pick sixes should also rest on Kubiaks shitty playcalling shoulder. I just wish the normal Houston fan wouldnt be so...stupid and knee jerky.

Remember when Darkest tried to tell me that the Dolphins line was totally not abysmal?

:jnc

Stop doubting me!
Pouncey is great, Incognito is fine. Jerry and Clabo are complete and total garbage, Martin is really inconsistent. The unit as a whole is unbelievably awful so yes, you were right.

I'm still depressed about the game yesterday.

eznark

Banned
Pouncey is great, Incognito is fine. Jerry and Clabo are complete and total garbage, Martin is really inconsistent. The unit as a whole is unbelievably awful so yes, you were right.

That's pretty much exactly my scouting report from August.

Remember that whole "Martin was good, 60% of snaps!" column you were raving about. Turns out that socks.

Martin said that changes might be coming to the line...but where can we possibly find any kind of upgrade at this point...unless we make some costly trade.

That's pretty much exactly my scouting report from August.

Remember that whole "Martin was good, 60% of snaps!" column you were raving about. Turns out that socks.
Yeah. I expected more from Martin. Shouldn't have doubted you!

At this point the lack of consistent o-line play has to be the biggest knock against Ireland. Dude cannot build a good o-line. He should have tried to do something about it in the offseason, I won't deny that anymore.

Honestly if this team wants a chance of doing anything this year they need to change personnel. I don't care how but this whole, "we'll work on it and get it fixed" routine from Philbin is about as meaningful as Kubiak having faith in Shoob.

Sucks for Tannehill, too. He deserves better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom