• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Gotta cheer for the Browns tonight to ensure my boy Kave's happiness! Stomp down on those bills!

pgEB5Oc.jpg

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9765948/ed-reed-arian-foster-houston-texans-criticize-shady-nfl

Ed Reed and Arian sound off on ESPN's: League of Denial

"The business of football is shady," Reed told ESPN.com. "The business of football is very shady. The fact that they would withhold information is bad. The fact that our CBA would not want that information, the fact that our older players would take money instead of getting that information is bad. The business of football, NFL football, is shady. Now we can't get that information anymore? It's just swept under the rug? That's bad."

"It's about expanding the brand and getting a bigger business," Foster told ESPN.com. "That's what I signed up for. I know what concussions do. I do my own research. I talk to many neuroscientists. It is what it is. It's not good for you. That's the risk I take to provide for my family."

The book reports that the league used its power to discredit independent scientists who warned of the link between concussions and brain diseases, relying instead on their own research and a public relations campaign to keep the public from knowing what league executives knew about the impact of concussions.

Foster said he did his own research, with the help of a stepfather who is a geneticist, when concussions first became a hot-button issue. He is generally skeptical about the NFL's commitment to player safety, despite the league's public emphasis on the matter.

"I think the league kind of cloaks their wanting to make the league safe, though," Foster said. "If you want to make the league safe, cut out Thursday Night Football. Do something like that. Don't have guys wear pads on their legs. That's not making anybody safe. It's more like a political move that they try to make things safe. It's a combative sport. It happens. They kind of use that to make themselves look a little better, make themselves look like they care a little more than they do."

This is why I miss Arian on Twitter.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Off to my buddy's place (Bills fan) for our tradition of watching the game at his place while his wife makes us chili.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom