• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even say the pats choked it away... I think the receivers played right to their level, a bunch of scrubs and 2 undrafted players starting (bolden/Thompkins). When Brady threw the pick I honestly thought he had just threw in the towel. He looked defeated and just furious, not just with his receivers, but with the people who put him in that position after he set them up with plenty of space to go out and get some talent, namely Kraft and Belichick.

I think its too early to give up on the receivers. We have to remember they are still rookies. Even though he had that drop, Dobson has gotten better each week and Thompkins is a solid player.

Sanjuro

:lol I was in college when we lost to the Cowboys. There were no tears either. First came shock and then anger at Neil. Fuck that guy!

Also, I am still a fan of Slash. Except for being accurate on passes more than 15 yards down the field he could do it all!

By the way. Whenever I think of Patriot fans in 1996 it makes me think of other imaginary characters that don't exist, like the Easter Bunny or one of Gata's friends.

That AFC Championship game was fun though. I don't think anyone in the world gave you guys a chance against that Cowboy's team.

I hated Kordell. I don't even like the Steelers, but I couldn't stand watching him play. Tommy Maddox is still the best QB in franchise history IMO.

That misconception is old. Patriots fanbase really began with Bledsoe/Parcells/Kraft. We've sold out every game since and brought the team up from the basement in Boston sports. The Celtics have lived there for a while now.

I wouldn't even say the pats choked it away... I think the receivers played right to their level, a bunch of scrubs and 2 undrafted players starting (bolden/Thompkins). When Brady threw the pick I honestly thought he had just threw in the towel. He looked defeated and just furious, not just with his receivers, but with the people who put him in that position after he set them up with plenty of space to go out and get some talent, namely Kraft and Belichick.
I think I felt the most sorry for Brady when Amendola was too slow to make the catch on that deep ball that was obviously not overthrown.

Poor Brady. I wonder how it feels to play on the only team that has ever had an issue with inexperienced or mediocre receivers?

Fox318

H0kSMma.gif

Sanjuro

Ya but I've never seen the amount of fights at an MLB park like I have at an NFL game. Getting drunk at a baseball is fun, but getting drunk at a football game is dangerous.

It depends where still. I've never come across a problem locally. I attend games pretty frequently as well. Only time I ever had an issue is when I was assaulted at a Mets game...which still to this day makes very little sense to me.

CA is just a shit sports town outside of the Lakers. It's like Florida where nobody gives a shit about sports, but people just generally hate one another and focus on that.

eznark

Banned
I'd like to see the Packers move Finley to the slot and put Quarless in at the traditional TE role. The Packers run a 3WR/1RB/1TE formation on like 85% of offensive plays. It's not going to be pretty to put Nelson, Boykins and a FA out there that often.

Go Hawks

Beat the Cards

Fuck Thursday games

It depends where still. I've never come across a problem locally. I attend games pretty frequently as well. Only time I ever had an issue is when I was assaulted at a Mets game...which still to this day makes very little sense to me.

CA is just a shit sports town outside of the Lakers. It's like Florida where nobody gives a shit about sports, but people just generally hate one another and focus on that.

Hey! AT&T park is one of the best, if not the best venues in baseball!

I'll just assume everything will work out for the best. It's the Texans way!

It turns out Miguel finds out that TAINT means more than just touchdown after interception. Find out more next week on NFL-Gaf.

I love seeing receivers laying someone out. Not that common these days. Most receivers are pussies.

:lol You guys are overreacting. Left tackle is not an important position anyways. We will just teach Ben to be left handed!

FMT what is your response to the Niner fans doing the wave when some player was carried off the field in a stretcher? Don't they have any normal fans left in San Fran? Every week you guys seem to be stabbing or robbing someone and now you are doing some weird wave shit when some guy is seriously hurt.

First off have you ever been to an NFL game? Half the people there aren't even paying attention to the game especially when the game has been put away. Secondly you have no idea on the stands how serious an injury is. Finally he got a big ovation from the crowd after he gave a thumbs up

bionic77

That AFC Championship game was fun though. I don't think anyone in the world gave you guys a chance against that Cowboy's team.

I hated Kordell. I don't even like the Steelers, but I couldn't stand watching him play. Tommy Maddox is still the best QB in franchise history IMO.

That misconception is old. Patriots fanbase really began with Bledsoe/Parcells/Kraft. We've sold out every game since and brought the team up from the basement in Boston sports. The Celtics have lived there for a while now.
Wow your fanbase goes all the way back to 1992? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeet.

Guys lets stop with all the fairweather talk about this franchise! These motherfuckers are old school and have fans that go all the way back to a time before we had the Jags and Panthers as teams!

bionic77

First off have you ever been to an NFL game? Half the people there aren't even paying attention to the game especially when the game has been put away. Secondly you have no idea on the stands how serious an injury is. Finally he got a big ovation from the crowd after he gave a thumbs up
Only been to the Vet, the Linc, RFK and the Meadowlands (barely remember that shit, I was young). I have seen a lot of fights at the Vet and a few at the Linc. Definitely heard some racist shit at the Vet and saw some cheers from some drunks near us when people got hurt. So I have seen my share of shitty fans up close.

But every time I went to games everyone was paying attention for pretty much the entire thing. Must be an East Coast thing. And also I don't know how the fuck you can miss someone going out on a stretcher. Even in the nose bleeds you can't miss that.

Sanjuro

Wow your fanbase goes all the way back to 1992? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeet.

Guys lets stop with all the fairweather talk about this franchise! These motherfuckers are old school and have fans that go all the way back to a time before we had the Jags and Panthers as teams!

Well, yeah. It's a baseball/hockey town and the Patriots were eventually playing in the middle of nowhere with terrible ownership. That combined with the NFL simply not being nearly as popular as it is today.

Sorry that our team's popularity doesn't go WAYYY back to the 70s, when people gave still only a shit or two. I'm just clarifying the Brady = Fanbase logic, because there was plenty of excitement coming from those cold benches for some time.

Only been to the Vet, the Linc, RFK and the Meadowlands (barely remember that shit, I was young). I have seen a lot of fights at the Vet and a few at the Linc. Definitely heard some racist shit at the Vet and saw some cheers from some drunks near us when people got hurt. So I have seen my share of shitty fans up close.

But every time I went to games everyone was paying attention for pretty much the entire thing. Must be an East Coast thing. And also I don't know how the fuck you can miss someone going out on a stretcher. Even in the nose bleeds you can't miss that.

They gave an ovation when he was taken out. Doing the wave or whatever right after it happens well who knows wtf is going on with the injury

WR Mark Harrison and DT Armond Armstead can begin practicing with the team and the team has time to decide whether to activate or IR them

Forgot all about Harrison. Wonder if he ever sees the field and what he's able to add. He has the body of a WR, but that's about it.

bionic77

They gave an ovation when he was taken out. Doing the wave or whatever right after it happens well who knows wtf is going on with the injury
That's not what ESPN told me.

Not sure which of you has less credibility when it comes to the Niners (to be fair you only lack credibility when it comes to the Niners while ESPN sucks at everything).

Sanjuro

Getting crushed by the Bears in that 80s SB probably didn't help either.

Terrible mismatch anyway. Even if the Patriots had somehow won that Super Bowl, I highly doubt anything would have changed in the Boston sports landscape.

The 1996 Super Bowl was far more important...and also a mismatch.

Colasante

Forgot all about Harrison. Wonder if he ever sees the field and what he's able to add. He has the body of a WR, but that's about it.

My guess is that they'll probably just IR Harrison and consider it a redshirt season. Armstead couldn't come back at a better time, I hope he's able to step in and get up to speed quickly. If all goes well, Kelly and Armstead could make for the best interior pass rushing presence that the Patriots have had in a long time.

bionic77

I can't remember but I think I might have been rooting for the Pats in that game against the Farves. Not sure though and I hope I am wrong!

Man I was a lot less hateful back then. I do always remember hating Steve Young though. He stole Joes job and repaid the franchise by winning as many Superbowls as Trent Dilfer.

Dragon

Banned
Most of them probably don't even remember losing to Favre let alone the Bears.

Yeah I don't remember Desmond fucking Howard and Andre fucking Rison at all. Who are those clowns? Oh wait Howard is the one that did jack shit in his NFL career besides that SB and Rison was and always is an ass clown. Although it sucks Left Eye almost burned his shoes.

Sanjuro

I can't remember but I think I might have been rooting for the Pats in that game against the Farves. Not sure though and I hope I am wrong!

Man I was a lot less hateful back then. I do always remember hating Steve Young though. He stole Joes job and repaid the franchise by winning as many Superbowls as Trent Dilfer.

I'm not sure why anyone would have hated Favre then. He was an overly excited ginger-esque kid with braces helming one of the best teams in the last couple decades.

Milchjon

Yet, more significantly, New England had knocked off the once-5-0 Saints, 30-27, on a play that had mixed success in the past. As Brady told WEEI on Monday morning, “That was probably the first one we completed that I can remember, including practice.”

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Blame the Giants for wrecking Joe and forcing Walsh to get a backup plan. Or the Bucs for giving up Young in the first place.

Sanjuro

Blame the Giants for wrecking Joe and forcing Walsh to get a backup plan. Or the Bucs for giving up Young in the first place.

Steve was always high up in my asshole rankings, still would never beat Marino though.

I don't think we ever beat Elway in his entire career. Just couldn't hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom