• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game, Browns-GAF.

ibhejnefej5KPG.jpg

:)

eznark

Banned
just checked the drive chart - I'm thinking around 1:27 in the 2nd quarter

I remember he had that completion to Jordy after the exchange with McCarthy and I thought to myself that Rodgers has been trolling me for an entire half... but then the drive stalled and they missed a FG

You're the best!

ibsD2kS4n0HqzY.gif

Schiano still my coach? *checks* Yes.

I should make a twitter account for this.,

I figured Bucs fans would be happy today. You guys played a solid game, the offense looked better then it had all year. The Eagles offense is fucking legit, no shame in giving up points to them. Chip has grown so much just since the start of the season but I feel 10000% better about him as the coach going forward now. I do think TB is going to win some games this year, and that you guys made the right choice getting rid of freeman.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ha - Steelers Beat writers think Levi Brown is done for the season.

First round bust, gets signed for a 1 year peanut contract, comes in, immediately rips Haley, then gets a season ending injury in warmups prior to ever taking a snap for his new team.

Hope he got a Uni degree, his NFL career is over.

The worst part is that Beachum was as bad as Adams, but with bonus penalties!

You really think he's gone at the end of the season?

I'll be surprised if he makes it that long.

I wouldn't touch Manziel personally. Not because of off the field stuff but because of the way he plays. He doesn't read defenses. He reacts to them. He depends on his athleticism to buy him time to find an open guy. That's like, perfect for college football. He's a better athlete than most on the other side of the ball, has a solid arm and seems super accurate given the circumstances under which he throws.

However, I don't buy that it will translate. At least not into a "special" quarterback. He won't be a flat better athlete than everyone. He won't always be able to buy time. Red zone lobs falling backwards into triple coverage will not end well. He'll have to learn how to read a defense and I just don't think he has the mental capacity (discipline, attention span, dedication, etc.) to do it. That's obviously highly speculative and he is a really young kid still so I don't put a lot of stock into that part but it's still concerning. Not a lot of people taste fantastic success early in their lives and still recognize and improve upon their weaknesses.

If he had a special arm or special speed I'd probably be higher on him, but his only "special" skill really is his elusiveness and that just won't translate as effectively to the next level.

Cola, why am I wrong? (I know you love this kid).

Totally agree. Manziel is Tebow x10.

bionic77

TEDDY GINN TAKEDOWN

b6p57ly.gif

STEVE SMITH SMASH

steve.gif
I love seeing receivers laying someone out. Not that common these days. Most receivers are pussies.

The worst part is that Beachum was as bad as Adams, but with bonus penalties!

I'll be surprised if he makes it that long.
:lol You guys are overreacting. Left tackle is not an important position anyways. We will just teach Ben to be left handed!

FMT what is your response to the Niner fans doing the wave when some player was carried off the field in a stretcher? Don't they have any normal fans left in San Fran? Every week you guys seem to be stabbing or robbing someone and now you are doing some weird wave shit when some guy is seriously hurt.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wow the forum absolutely exploded during the pats game yesterday, just went back and skimmed over it.

I wasn't even here and a debate broke out over what kind of trash talk is appropriate lol. Seriously how could anybody really defend that particular comment? Lunchbox's comment was also terrible. Jus sayin.

Milchjon

Ma Gronk chimes in:

“All I can say is Robbie is dying to play. He wants to get out there,” she said. “He’s doing what he has to do to get back playing. He doesn’t like it. He wants to play. It really bothers him that he’s not playing.”

Diane Gronkowski indicated her son wanted to play as far back as Week 2, when the team medical staff thought he was ready to go. But he hasn’t gotten back on the field because he doesn’t want to end up in the same place he was last season — in an operating room.

“The same people who criticize him for not coming back are the same people who say he came back too soon last time,” she said. “It is what it is. Rob is the only one who can make this decision. Anybody else who has a comment to make positively or negatively aren’t Rob. They aren’t in his shoes. They didn’t go through the surgeries that he went through.

“When they go through four arm surgeries, a back surgery, and a foot surgery in a year and a half, then they can make the comments. After the third (forearm) surgery, Robbie said, ‘I’m never doing this again.’ And weeks later, he’s back in for the fourth one. So he doesn’t want to go back where he was and start all over again. It wasn’t fun. It was so discouraging.”

FMT what is your response to the Niner fans doing the wave when some player was carried off the field in a stretcher? Don't they have any normal fans left in San Fran? Every week you guys seem to be stabbing or robbing someone and now you are doing some weird wave shit when some guy is seriously hurt.

Its all gang bangers and scum that go to the games now.

Seriously.

Also fans don't do the wave at AT&T park and actively discourage its useage. MLB fans > NFL fans.

Miguel

Its all gang bangers and scum that go to the games now.

Seriously.

Also fans don't do the wave at AT&T park and actively discourage its useage. MLB fans > NFL fans.

Some of the chola chicks were pretty nice looking last week. Then they helped me drown my sorrows immediately after the Schaubening.

bionic77

All the Jags fans really have brought down the quality here.

...and who the fuck is Robbie?
Even scumbag Niner fans who will stab you in the back, steal your wallet and then piss in your mouth are still better than Pat fans.

God I am still so angry that the Saints choked that game away (right after the Pats choked and gave them a chance).

Terrible, lazy comparison. They play nothing alike.

Yeah, that was a bad one. Let me better rephrase myself here:

I have to agree that Manziel is a huge risk because, as ez mentioned, the guy has trouble reading defenses and relies a lot on his athleticism to make plays. There's only so far you can go with that in the NFL and I'm not sold on him as being a Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick type of mobile QB until he proves that he's able to more than just react to pressure. Who knows? Maybe he can eventually learn it, but I don't know.

Sanjuro

MLB fans > NFL fans.

By rule of thumb, this is true. Problem with "NFL" fans in 2013 is there really isn't a blueprint to who they are anymore thanks to the casual popularity of the sport. Still, they are usually less educated on the sport and not as ideal to pick up a conversation with.

NBA fans are still the worst though.

Sanjuro

Even scumbag Niner fans who will stab you in the back, steal your wallet and then piss in your mouth are still better than Pat fans.

God I am still so angry that the Saints choked that game away (right after the Pats choked and gave them a chance).

Whenever I see one of your posts I see a young version of you in 1996, hidden away in the fog, tears running down your face. Alone.

I'd like to think that Kordell jersey was never worn again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I wouldn't even say the pats choked it away... I think the receivers played right to their level, a bunch of scrubs and 2 undrafted players starting (bolden/Thompkins). When Brady threw the pick I honestly thought he had just threw in the towel. He looked defeated and just furious, not just with his receivers, but with the people who put him in that position after he set them up with plenty of space to go out and get some talent, namely Kraft and Belichick.

Some of the chola chicks were pretty nice looking last week. Then they helped me drown my sorrows immediately after the Schaubening.

You probably want to get yourself checked.

I eat around 5000 calories because I power lift. I wouldn't be surprised if he ate around 3000-4000 just to be a qb. He's still a fatass though, no definition.

By rule of thumb, this is true. Problem with "NFL" fans in 2013 is there really isn't a blueprint to who they are anymore thanks to the casual popularity of the sport. Still, they are usually less educated on the sport and not as ideal to pick up a conversation with.

NBA fans are still the worst though.

And NFL fans usually are much drunker than MLB fans. More white trash than any sporting event that I've ever been too. Much worse the Nascar too.

What did I ever do to you you MJ hater? I would never piss in your mouth, thats FMT's job.

@ArmandoSalguero

Mike Sherman says the hits on QB Ryan Tannehill are DOWN this year even as sacks are up.

How is this a thing!??! WHY EVEN BRING THIS UP!?!!? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM!!!!!!! Sorry...just needed to vent a little.

bionic77

Whenever I see one of your posts I see a young version of you in 1996, hidden away in the fog, tears running down your face. Alone.

I'd like to think that Kordell jersey was never worn again.
:lol I was in college when we lost to the Cowboys. There were no tears either. First came shock and then anger at Neil. Fuck that guy!

Also, I am still a fan of Slash. Except for being accurate on passes more than 15 yards down the field he could do it all!

By the way. Whenever I think of Patriot fans in 1996 it makes me think of other imaginary characters that don't exist, like the Easter Bunny or one of Gata's friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom