• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Houston, you barbaric city, you. I lol'd

egfiXqk.jpg

bionic77

Even scrub qb's can get lucky every once in awhile. See Joe Flacco.

Blame the Giants for wrecking Joe and forcing Walsh to get a backup plan. Or the Bucs for giving up Young in the first place.
How can you blame the Giants? Killing qbs and late hits were part of the game back then. If you wanted to go over the middle or go deep the qb and receiver had to pay a price to do so.

The Bucs Young is just proof he is a fraud who could only succeed in the right system!

I'm not sure why anyone would have hated Favre then. He was an overly excited ginger-esque kid with braces helming one of the best teams in the last couple decades.
I don't think anyone hated Farve during that time period. He was far and away the best qb in the game and he used to do some amazing shit back then. I don't remember exactly when it was that people started to turn on Brent.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How can you blame the Giants? Killing qbs and late hits were part of the game back then. If you wanted to go over the middle or go deep the qb and receiver had to pay a price to do so.

Parcells success ultimately led to Belichick and the Pats. Blaming the Giants is logical. ;)

We coming for you baby!

I honestly feel confident about this team going into every game, this is a strange feeling.
I actually have some respect for the Bills this year but with the way things are going for them at QB the Dolphins have no excuse not to win this game, especially at home. I think it'll be close, though.

exarkun

Still dont know why the Texans didnt keep running down the Rams' throats til they cried. We ran stretch run plays on goallines when we should have just run straight ahead. Or we threw it when Foster had just ripped a 10+ yarder. It was like Kubiak just chose plays to mix it up.

squicken

Still dont know why the Texans didnt keep running down the Rams' throats til they cried. We ran stretch run plays on goallines when we should have just run straight ahead. Or we threw it when Foster had just ripped a 10+ yarder. It was like Kubiak just chose plays to mix it up.

This. It made no sense to take Foster out inside 20 or to ever stop running. The Rams LBs are genetically incapable of getting off of blocks, and Langford has been terrible all year.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

my only guess is, Kubiak wants out and is doing almost everything he can to get himself fired.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DeMarcus Ware expected to miss 3-4 weeks, according to a bunch of people on Twitter.

Nice break for the Eagles there.

Lions don't have to face him, either. Big break for Stafford.

MechDX

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 14h
Texans: 1st team since 1940 to outgain opponent by 200+ yards and lose by 25 points. (Sorry, @StephStradley)

Chase Stuart ‏@fbgchase 15h
Houston has allowed 7 touchdowns when the defense hasn't been on the field this year. Record is 12, set by '99 Miami. Sorry @StephStradley

@DZangaro #Texans minus-12 turnover differential through 6 games is their worst ever. Previous worst was -9 in '08

I don't even...

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith 7h
#Texans' Andre Johnson: "I don’t know what it is. There have been talks for the past three weeks. I’m tired of hearing the same talk." #NFL

Yes! Throw Gary under the bus! Do it!

Zeke

Wooo found out I'm having a boy! We also found a new bigger place to move into super excited to make the move but we have to wait until the end of November.

cdyhybrid

Wooo found out I'm having a boy! We also found a new bigger place to move into super excited to make the move but we have to wait until the end of November.

Congrats! You have the greatest opportunity to give him a good life now. You can raise him as a Seahawks fan instead of a Cowboys fan.

exarkun

I don't even...

Yes! Throw Gary under the bus! Do it!

i lol'd. Your enthusiasm is appreciated!

Squick and captive, I honestly thought (about halfway through the first quarter) that Tate and Arian would both top 100 yards. Or, Arian would have 150+ and Tate would have 50-60 (since Arian was running like a man possessed and Tate has cooled off lately).

I know Lance Z has been talking alot lately about how poorly Cushing has played, but honestly its only been the last one and a half games. I thought he played fine in the first half of the SF game, but since then has played...slow. Hes a half second too late with everything. I also think hes the clearest indicator of the defense losing faith in the offense and Kubiak. Other members of the defense call him their leader, and if the leader is playing dazed, then so will the rest of the unit.

Miguel

2002 was the year we had over Bionic, Wellington, 3 year old gata, and whatever Cowboys fans existed at the time.

Distant memories... 4 wins was above expectations! After last week, I think we should be happy with 4 wins.

Zeke

Congrats! You have the greatest opportunity to give him a good life now. You can raise him as a Seahawks fan instead of a Cowboys fan.
I couldn't bare that, its almost as bad as him rooting for a division rival it would break his fathers heart.

MechDX

i lol'd. Your enthusiasm is appreciated!

Squick and captive, I honestly thought (about halfway through the first quarter) that Tate and Arian would both top 100 yards. Or, Arian would have 150+ and Tate would have 50-60 (since Arian was running like a man possessed and Tate has cooled off lately).

I know Lance Z has been talking alot lately about how poorly Cushing has played, but honestly its only been the last one and a half games. I thought he played fine in the first half of the SF game, but since then has played...slow. Hes a half second too late with everything. I also think hes the clearest indicator of the defense losing faith in the offense and Kubiak. Other members of the defense call him their leader, and if the leader is playing dazed, then so will the rest of the unit.

Smart man. Ive stated it a few times ever since that Sound FX clip in Baltimore of Cushing saying "We have to score because they aint going to do it". No matter what they are saying in public the team has checked out.

Kubak presser in 15 minutes. Finally find out what happened to Schaubs ankle. After that pic I posted yesterday Im thinking he may be done for the season and probably his time as a Texan is finished

Congrats. During my ridiculous ban I found out I am having a girl. Cant wait to turn her into as big a sports fan as I am.

bionic77

You realize this is all happening because I picked the Texans to win the SB, right?

I'm sorry. I did not realize the extent of my power.
Change your pick to New England and name Tom Brady the best qb of all time and all is forgiven.

Im sorry. We were an expansion team! It was comedy gold!

This is just a fucking train wreck at this point.
Sorry isn't good enough! You enjoyed it and wanted it to happen!

2002 was the year we had over Bionic, Wellington, 3 year old gata, and whatever Cowboys fans existed at the time.

Distant memories... 4 wins was above expectations! After last week, I think we should be happy with 4 wins.
Gata being here back then? :lol

They probably didn't even have internet in his swamp back then. That was so long ago that he did not even have a 50% fan interest in the Pats!

Smokey

Smart man. Ive stated it a few times ever since that Sound FX clip in Baltimore of Cushing saying "We have to score because they aint going to do it". No matter what they are saying in public the team has checked out.

Kubak presser in 15 minutes. Finally find out what happened to Schaubs ankle. After that pic I posted yesterday Im thinking he may be done for the season and probably his time as a Texan is finished

I got no more fucks left mech

bionic77

Congratulations on the sex and baby Zeke.

We are still looking for a new house and it sucks. We just saw an amazing place this weekend that had everything we wanted for our max budget but was missing one bathroom and was one bedroom short. I was ok with both of my kids bunking and using a bathroom in the basement to use that kitchen and especially the media room they made in the basement along with a perfect office. Also had the perfect backyard.

Oh well, it was probably for the best. They used oil for heat and that looked like a huge pain in the ass.

Get your football in now dude. Life changes with kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom