• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

now that freeman is free

I need to change my avatar. SOOOOO can anyone give me some good avatar? I want to believe in my bucs to be owl champs. We can still go 11-5

INA3UUY.png

gutshot

I really hope my kid gets into playing sports but not soccer. I cant imagine being a parent and going to watch your kid play sports and being stuck watching soccer. That is the one sport I cant watch no matter how many times I have tried.

You will be into whatever your kid is into, no matter how much you may have despised it beforehand. Trust me.

I never thought I would care about the Cars franchise at all but I was actually excited when I found out they were making a Cars 2 and Planes, simply because my son loves it so much.

Pats gonna slaughter the jets!

My bros!

I really hope my kid gets into playing sports but not soccer. I cant imagine being a parent and going to watch your kid play sports and being stuck watching soccer. That is the one sport I cant watch no matter how many times I have tried.

Baseball is barely a work out, basketball requires certain physical gifts, football gives concussions.

So what's left? Soccer and lacrosse?

You will be into whatever your kid is into, no matter how much you may have despised it beforehand. Trust me.

I never thought I would care about the Cars franchise at all but I was actually excited when I found out they were making a Cars 2 and Planes, simply because my son loves it so much.

That is a good point. I dont even really know anything about what sports girls play, but hopefully they are at least fun to watch.

Baseball is barely a work out, basketball requires certain physical gifts, football gives concussions.

So what's left? Soccer and lacrosse?

Hadnt really thought about it like that but you are right, I still think I would pick softball to watch out of those. I always have wondered why woman dont just play baseball, A League of their Own taught me that they did during WWII, so it is possible.

Milchjon

I don't think that's really necessary, honestly. A New England Super Bowl victory is inevitable at this point, isn't it? We all like to sit around and joke about the Pats declining but the fact is they are gaining steam with each passing week, and once Gronk comes back from the dead the team will be unstoppable.

The Pats defense is as good as it's ever been with Brady. Belichick is as attuned to the details and finer points of the game as his spygate days. Thompkins and Dobson are budding stars skyrocketing towards greatness. The o-line is the best in the league. I can keep going, but I think you get the point.

I hate to say it but there is absolutely zero chance that the Pats do not win a Super Bowl this year. There is just no conceivable way whatsoever that they will find a way to not pull it off. I absolutely cannot imagine a scenario in which they, say, make the playoffs and lose to someone like the Broncos or Colts. I mean, who's going to stop them, the Chiefs? The NFC? Please. This one is in the books.

Congrats on the Super Bowl victory New England, you guys totally earned it.

brady_SB.png

Screw you. I hope you're reverse jinx is so obvious, the jinx gods do a reverse reverse jinx.

Let him play soccer. Safe (somewhat) and great exercise.

Good thing to get this down before he's even born.

He's not even born. Why do you hate him already?

squicken

Weird/useless stat info: The Rams are the only NFL team without a rushing TD and lead the NFC in Red Zone efficiency 12TDs in 18 opportunities

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Harbaugh expects Manningham, Wright, Tank Carradine, and Quinton Dial at Niners practice this week.

They're going to need those defensive linemen especially.

There is a strong case to be made that the Packers are a better all around defense without Matthews. Perry thrived yesterday on the right side of the ball and there were almost no cut back lanes as a lack of over pursuit.

Also you're the fucking Browns.
Ewing theory strikes again.

He's not even born. Why do you hate him already?

Soccer is fun to play and good for you! If anything, I should get like a medal for helping the generation of tomorrow. They give Nobel prizes for stuff like that.

Screw the Dolphins' interests, go Pats!

I don't know what you're doing, but it's freaking me out. Pls stawp.

Hadnt really thought about it like that but you are right, I still think I would pick softball to watch out of those. I always have wondered why woman dont just play baseball, A League of their Own taught me that they did during WWII, so it is possible.

First the yellow baby room, now this great advice. I think it's time for me to put all this great knowledge to good use and impregnate a girl.

Bionic, will you be the godfather of my future child?

cdyhybrid

Pete says Harvin is "not too far off now". Probably not going to be back this week since they're basically just doing walkthroughs before flying out for the Thursday night game, but maybe next week when he's had a chance to go through actual practices.

Also:

Carroll said the interception by Richard Sherman came on a play that the Seahawks saw coming. He said defensive backs coach Kris Richard was yelling to Sherman to expect the deep pass and that the Titans tried it on both sides of the field. “We were looking for them to take a shot and we wanted to be in position for it,” he said.

TheFatOne

AkjCXaD.gif

I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of this gif.

Edit: I meant to post this yesterday, but Amendola has been a massive failure. The guy has always been made of glass, and I have no idea why they Pats didn't just keep Welker. I thought it was stupid then, and I'm happy Welker is lighting it up in Denver. Easily one of Belichicks biggest mistakes so far.

LevelNth

Banned
Pete says Harvin is "not too far off now". Probably not going to be back this week since they're basically just doing walkthroughs before flying out for the Thursday night game, but maybe next week when he's had a chance to go through actual practices.

Also:
So how soon does the pool open for taking bets on which week later this year he gets reinjured?

Fox318

hx8zt0S.png

Mike Ditka's "Biggest Mistake" Was Letting Obama Become President
In 2004, Mike Ditka mulled a run for Illinois's vacant senate seat. The prohibitive favorite was state senator Barack Obama, and the Republicans couldn't find someone to go against him. Committee chair George Allen, son of the hall of fame coach, met with Ditka (who described himself as "ultra-ultra-ultra conservative") and urged him to run. Ditka considered it, but eventually declined, citing his busy schedule. It still eats away at him to this day.

As noted by the Atlantic Wire, Ditka spoke at the opening of a North Dakota oil facility last week. (He had "no idea" why he was there. "My secretary sets everything up.") He said not stopping Obama's rise to power remains his greatest regret:

"Biggest mistake I've ever made," Ditka said. "Not that I would have won, but I probably would have and he wouldn't be in the White House."

I'm not saying someone should write a sequel to The Man in the High Castle set in an alternate universe where Mike Ditka became president, but I'm totally saying it.

http://deadspin.com/mike-ditkas-biggest-mistake-was-letting-obama-become-1443109185

eznark

Banned
Eh Barry would've called the old hit team and Jack Ryan'd him. I can only imagine what's in the sealed divorce records between him and Buddy.

Perry injury is a bummer.

Cobb might be able to return to form by post season unlike the 2011 Jennings injury where the guy clearly couldn't play.

Sit Jones.

Eddie Lacy can beat Cleveland.

eznark

Banned
Perry injury is a bummer.

Cobb might be able to return to form by post season unlike the 2011 Jennings injury where the guy clearly couldn't play.

Sit Jones.

Eddie Lacy can beat Cleveland.

Lattimore looked potentially special in limited action. Perry was somehow effective despite looking kind of slow. I dont know, it'll be fun to watch. At the very least they are going to be stacked next year at LB with all these guys getting significant snaps.

Lattimore looked potentially special in limited action. Perry was somehow effective despite looking kind of slow. I dont know, it'll be fun to watch. At the very least they are going to be stacked next year at LB with all these guys getting significant snaps.
People said the same thing coming off the 2009 season Ted cut 50% of them and they were never heard from again. Nice to have a little depth, though, for sure.

I think Perry is better than Neal but yeah neither are that special.

I'd like to see Datone Jones come on a little bit more. He seemed to finally make some plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom