• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the Rams to win but I don't want Barford to return so hopefully he continue to play as himself.

Don't worry, he'll put up enough meaningless garbage time TDs for the front office to justify giving him an extension. Why watch games when you can just look at numbers?

I hope he starts playing like a $15m QB and they don't have to spend a high pick on another QB. It won't happen but it is the thing to hope for with 11 games left

I'm pretty sure for that to happen we would need a new coaching staff. At which point he's pretty much fucked anyway.

squicken

I want the Rams to win but I don't want Barford to return so hopefully he continue to play as himself.

I hope he starts playing like a $15m QB and they don't have to spend a high pick on another QB. It won't happen but it is the thing to hope for with 11 games left

ShaneB

unnecessary roughness, they allow the celebrations here in Canada.

To an excessive degree.

Bah, I was hoping the link would be a compilation, which would include when the Stamps (I think) made a bike formation for the person to ride and pedal.

edit.. yes! Made a gif, sorry for the terrible youtube video quality.

ibfLxSbnQOLagV.gif

Pimpwerx

The Dolphins should murder BYE this week. League put back on notice.

Bah, I was hoping the link would be a compilation, which would include when the Stamps (I think) made a bike formation for the person to ride and pedal.

edit.. yes! Made a gif, sorry for the terrible youtube video quality.

ibfLxSbnQOLagV.gif

This is awesome. The 80s NFL was some of the best times. Bring back the choreographed endzone celebrations. PEACE.

Enron

Banned
The reason why I brought up the passer rating question is because of my boy...Tony Romo. Dude is right up there with the best passers in the league.

Career Passer Rating among active QB's,
Top 5:
1. Aaron Rodgers - 105.0
2. Peyton Manning - 96.7
3. Tony Romo - 96.6
4. Tom Brady - 96.1
5. Philip Rivers - 95.3

Honorable mention,

6. Drew Brees - 94.7

But you say, He sucks in the 4th quarter. Well,

4th Quarter Passer Rating:
1. Tony Romo - 102.0
2. Peyton Manning - 101.7
3. Aaron Rodgers - 100.4
4. Tom Brady - 97.1

Then you might say, those numbers are just garbage time stats. Well...

Highest 4th quarter passer rating when tied, trailing by 7 (since 2008):
1. Peyton Manning: 104.9
2. Eli Manning - 98.8
3. Aaron Rodgers - 97.0
4. Drew Brees - 95.9
5. Tony Romo - 88.7

It is a drop off for Romo but he is in the Top 5. What I am trying to do, my fellow Gaffers, is to get rid of the Romo stereotype. When a QB throws a pick at a crucial moment, it should not be described as pulling a Romo.

One last stat, with the game being tied or trailing by at least 7, Romo has thrown 9 interceptions. Philip Rivers has 16. Romo does not lead the league in throwing interceptions at crucial moments. How can a QB fucking up be called a Romo when he does not own the stat? That is all, thank you for your time.

Sources:
Active QB passer rating: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm

4th Quarter Stats : http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000260992/Mind-blowing-stats-for-Tony-Romo

Ahem.

Romo's biggest problem isn't limited by his physical skills but by his impeccably horrendous timing. According to ESPN Stats & Info, since 2006, Romo has the fourth-highest fourth-quarter QB rating (behind Peyton Manning and Brees). Over that span, it includes 19 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and overtime, which ranks fifth. Heading into Sunday's game, Romo had just one interception this season, and his 13 touchdowns was second only to Peyton Manning.

But the story changes when you break down Romo's fourth-quarter QB rating (again, from 2006 to present). In the first 12 minutes it's 80, second-best to Peyton Manning. In the final three minutes it drops to a below-average 44. He also has eight fourth-quarter interceptions, most in the league over that time.

Farooq

Banned

That's my quarterback?

Source please. Also, Romo's 8 interceptions cannot be the most in the league from that time period(2006 to present) because from the video I sourced, Matt Ryan has 10 fourth-quarter interceptions(in games that are tied or trailing by up to 7). Matt Ryan came into the league after 2006.

Edit: I watched the video again, Jay Cutler came into the league in 2006, and he has 11 fourth-quarter interceptions in games that are tied or trailing by at least 7. I think ESPN is fudging the facts or something. I don't see how Romo could lead the league in 4th quarter interceptions from 2006 to present.

ESPN is fudging some stats or Daniel Jeremiah of NFL network is wrong.

jWILL253

Banned
A little off topic, but...

I worked the Huskies game yesterday, and Oregon made that look way too easy.

Look, UW is really good, and I think they are gonna take Oregon's place one day. They have some quality players, and other than a couple turnovers, they played well on the offensive side of the ball. They also have a great front 7, and can play the run very well.

But, that UW secondary and their lack of coverage and tackling skills will ruin the Huskies this year...

A little off topic, but...

I worked the Huskies game yesterday, and Oregon made that look way too easy.

Look, UW is really good, and I think they are gonna take Oregon's place one day. They have some quality players, and other than a couple turnovers, they played well on the offensive side of the ball. They also have a great front 7, and can play the run very well.

But, that UW secondary and their lack of coverage and tackling skills will ruin the Huskies this year...

People say we are insular but we are always provoked by this kinda shit! It's entrapment I tell ya!

squicken

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Players have begun to question Gronk directly and he's becoming more uncomfortable as tension builds. Live from Foxboro on all shows

It's gonna be okay Dutch. We'll get through this together

squicken

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...absence-creating-tension-new-england-patriots

Sources: 'Resentment' toward Gronk

Tight end Rob Gronkowski's continued absence from the New England Patriots' lineup has escalated tension among teammates who have begun questioning him about why he's not playing and left some wondering if he intends to play at all this season, according to multiple sources.

"There's curiosity and resentment, and he's creating it by going out and kicking ass during the week and then he doesn't show up on game day and help the team win," one source said.

Gronkowski is expected to miss his sixth game Sunday because of multiple offseason surgeries on his fractured left forearm. He has not been cleared by third-party physician Dr. James Andrews, whose involvement suggests trust issues exist between the team and player over his medical condition and readiness to play.

Gronkowski first had surgery last season, returned with a metal plate in his arm and fractured the same forearm in the playoffs, then required two more surgeries while enduring an infection that complicated the healing process.

He might be concerned that another similar injury could threaten his NFL career.

Teammates, coaches and other members of the organization have watched Gronkowski practice fully for weeks -- this week he was described as dominant as New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham while taking 50 reps a day on the scout team -- and yet he has not been available on a game day.

Teammates and coaches have seen him run patterns, catch passes, use his arm to pass protect, run block and to separate from defenders at the line of scrimmage, and they doubt a doctor would allow so much contact if there remained serious concern about the health of his forearm.

They are having difficulty reconciling seeing Gronkowski perform like that and then not take the field with them for the games.

"If he's not playing in games, he damn sure should not be doing what he is in practice," said the same source who mentioned resentment.

With the Patriots entering Sunday's game against the high-scoring Saints off a defeat to the Bengals in which New England scored the fewest points of the Tom Brady Era, teammates have begun to express their frustration directly to Gronkowski. Sources say the Patriots locker room has become increasingly uncomfortable for the tight end.

There are people in the organization who question whether Gronkowski intends to ever play this season.

"Whatever is holding him back now isn't going to be healed in two weeks, because there's nothing wrong with the arm," the source said.

The Patriots opted to keep Gronkowski on their 53-man roster rather than place him on the physically-unable-to-perform list so he could play before Week 7.

Now that apparently won't happen, meaning coach Bill Belichick failed to get full value out of Gronkowski's roster spot, although the player has been eligible to practice -- and his performance while doing so has questions swirling in the Patriots' locker room.

Pretty clear that Belichick is using the media to shame Gronk into violating a doctor's orders. Doubt he gets called out on it, though

Violence doesn't get you an R rating. Titties is what we are really afraid of.

Also the movie will probably suck so who cares?

I've always thought it would make a good movie. It doesn't look like it will be and that's a bummer

jakncoke

Banned
I want to know who picked Jacksonville in the pick-em pool, so I can laugh in their face all day.

largest underdog ever in spread history picks them anyway i need to know why

I dont put much weight into PFR SRS system but looking at the numbers is still fun.

The 2013 Jacksonville Jaguars are currently -17.9 (was -22 the other day, so I guess this shit moves around a lot when you're this low)

2008 Lions 0-16 was -13.1
2012 Chefs 2-14 was -14.0
1991 Colts 1-15 was -17.3
1992 Seahawks 2-14 was -10.0
1965 Steeleers 2-12 was -18.3
2000 Cardinals 3-13 was -15.2

Godslay

Banned
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...absence-creating-tension-new-england-patriots

Pretty clear that Belichick is using the media to shame Gronk into violating a doctor's orders. Doubt he gets called out on it, though

Could be blown out of proportion but you would think that the players would understand. If the doctor won't clear him, he's clearly not healthy. This was the opinion of both doctors iirc. I understand that they are hurting in terms of offense, but it's not Gronk's fault they surrounded Brady with bums and rookies. If anything this is a case of reap what they have sown. Even in Gronk's case.

eznark

Banned
The reason why I brought up the passer rating question is because of my boy...Tony Romo. Dude is right up there with the best passers in the league.

Career Passer Rating among active QB's,
Top 5:
1. Aaron Rodgers - 105.0
2. Peyton Manning - 96.7
3. Tony Romo - 96.6
4. Tom Brady - 96.1
5. Philip Rivers - 95.3

Honorable mention,

6. Drew Brees - 94.7

But you say, He sucks in the 4th quarter. Well,

4th Quarter Passer Rating:
1. Tony Romo - 102.0
2. Peyton Manning - 101.7
3. Aaron Rodgers - 100.4
4. Tom Brady - 97.1

Then you might say, those numbers are just garbage time stats. Well...

Highest 4th quarter passer rating when tied, trailing by 7 (since 2008):
1. Peyton Manning: 104.9
2. Eli Manning - 98.8
3. Aaron Rodgers - 97.0
4. Drew Brees - 95.9
5. Tony Romo - 88.7

It is a drop off for Romo but he is in the Top 5. What I am trying to do, my fellow Gaffers, is to get rid of the Romo stereotype. When a QB throws a pick at a crucial moment, it should not be described as pulling a Romo.

One last stat, with the game being tied or trailing by at least 7, Romo has thrown 9 interceptions. Philip Rivers has 16. Romo does not lead the league in throwing interceptions at crucial moments. How can a QB fucking up be called a Romo when he does not own the stat? That is all, thank you for your time.

Sources:
Active QB passer rating: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm

4th Quarter Stats : http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000260992/Mind-blowing-stats-for-Tony-Romo

Rodgers is also in that fourth quarter list and everyone know he sucks in the clutch. Nice try.

bionic77

I've always thought it would make a good movie. It doesn't look like it will be and that's a bummer
The degree of difficulty in making something like Enders Game into a good movie is off the charts (kid actors, sci fi, military geniuses etc). It's not poor slut is lonely and gets a handsome rich dude now play some pop music and dance. I would love to be wrong though.

:lol @ Pats using an injured player as their scapegoat. Maybe if Tammy did her job they could score a few TDs. No one can blame the defense this year...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AdamSchefter
Buccaneers G Carl Nicks, battling MRSA, is not expected to play today; Bucs CB Johnthan Banks, also battling infection, is expected to play.

How the hell can the league let these guys play?

eznark

Banned
AdamSchefter
Buccaneers G Carl Nicks, battling MRSA, is not expected to play today; Bucs CB Johnthan Banks, also battling infection, is expected to play.

How the hell can the league let these guys play?

CDC says let them play as long as any open wounds are covered.

At least Peyton has shown he can win it all.

Personally I would never want Romo as the QB of my team because I don't think he is capable of taking a team to the SB and winning it. But hey, how about that QB rating!

Go ahead and make some Marino jokes.
To be fair, Marino made it to a SB. He just didn't win it. :-( This saddens me because he's a Pittsburgh boy
and the Steelers should have drafted him.

Here's the difference between Romo and Rivers. Romo plays for the Cowboys and regardless of their talent they are a walking circus, much like the Yankees. So when the QB of the Cowboys chokes away games -- botching an 18yd FG snap ffs, throwing picks late in games, etc -- it's going to stick with him. Rivers plays for the Chargers. 3/4 of the time people forget that team even exists, there are limited expectations for them despite having seasons where they were talented. Even when Rivers played well, people said "Norv is their coach so... ya."

Steelers gonna win today. I feel it in my bones. We get at least one turnover to get that monkey off our backs.
To be fair my bones might be saying it's going to rain.

To be fair, Marino made it to a SB. He just didn't win it. :-( This saddens me because he's a Pittsburgh boy
and the Steelers should have drafted him.

Here's the difference between Romo and Rivers. Romo plays for the Cowboys and regardless of their talent they are a walking circus, much like the Yankees. So when the QB of the Cowboys chokes away games -- botching an 18yd FG snap ffs, throwing picks late in games, etc -- it's going to stick with him. Rivers plays for the Chargers. 3/4 of the time people forget that team even exists, there are limited expectations for them despite having seasons where they were talented. Even when Rivers played well, people said "Norv is their coach so... ya."

Steelers gonna win today. I feel it in my bones. We get at least one turnover to get that monkey off our backs.
To be fair my bones might be saying it's going to rain.
I defended Marino in my next post in case you missed it. He did just about all one guy could, in my opinion.

Steelers better win today. This "are the Jets legit?" talk has got to stop.

largest underdog ever in spread history picks them anyway i need to know why

I dont put much weight into PFR SRS system but looking at the numbers is still fun.

The 2013 Jacksonville Jaguars are currently -17.9 (was -22 the other day, so I guess this shit moves around a lot when you're this low)

2008 Lions 0-16 was -13.1
2012 Chefs 2-14 was -14.0
1991 Colts 1-15 was -17.3
1992 Seahawks 2-14 was -10.0
1965 Steeleers 2-12 was -18.3
2000 Cardinals 3-13 was -15.2
So there's another record we hold. I assume that's only if the Jags game doesn't bump back up past 18.3. It's great when we can show off how many more records our franchise holds than Gata's.

Enron

Banned
That's my quarterback?

Source please. Also, Romo's 8 interceptions cannot be the most in the league from that time period(2006 to present) because from the video I sourced, Matt Ryan has 10 fourth-quarter interceptions(in games that are tied or trailing by up to 7). Matt Ryan came into the league after 2006.

Edit: I watched the video again, Jay Cutler came into the league in 2006, and he has 11 fourth-quarter interceptions in games that are tied or trailing by at least 7. I think ESPN is fudging the facts or something. I don't see how Romo could lead the league in 4th quarter interceptions from 2006 to present.

ESPN is fudging some stats or Daniel Jeremiah of NFL network is wrong.

It was mentioned on the CBS broadcast last sunday. It's also in a cbssports article here which cites ESPN. It's interceptions when tied or leading by 7 or less.

Most INT in 4th Quarter or OT
Score Tied or Leading by 7 or Fewer
Tony Romo 8
Tom Brady 7
Matt Ryan 7
Matt Schaub 6
Chad Henne 6
*Since Tony Romo’s 1st Season (2006)

Romo's lone interception Sunday was the 23rd fourth-quarter interception of his career. The Cowboys have lost the last eight games in which Romo has thrown a fourth-quarter interception, with six of those losses coming by seven points or fewer.

Since 2010, Romo's Total QBR in the first 12 minutes of the fourth quarter/OT is 80. That's second-best in the NFL behind Peyton Manning. However, his QBR drops to a below-average 44 in the game's final three minutes.

And he's not only making these mistakes as the Cowboys attempt to rally from late deficits. Eight of Romo's fourth-quarter interceptions have come with the Cowboys tied or leading by one score - that's the most in the NFL in that span. Those give opposing teams life when Dallas should have been icing the win.

It was mentioned on the CBS broadcast last sunday. It's also in a cbssports article here which cites ESPN
Let's take the 4th quarter out of this. Let's ask this question: which QB has thrown the most interceptions when trailing by 7 or less on their team's last drive of the game.

That is the choke artist. Who is that person?
Answer: Romo, source: me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom