• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browns haven't missed a beat on offense. Well, there was the whole 1st and 2nd quarter, but if he keeps going to Gordon and not forgetting about Cameron, we'll be good.

zychi

Banned
Conclusion: This Dallas Cowboys fan hates Romo.

:(

Put a defense around him. Which prevents things like last week from happening.

Don't put him in a position where he has to make 4th quarter comebacks every week, ie Garrett needs to learn how to run an offense and clock management. Maybe run the ball once in awhile?

It boggles my mind that the media would lather up Favre when he did this, but Romo is a problem. It comes with the territory. Romo played most of his career with a garbage o-line, no legit running back until Demarco appeared. If you put Romo on the Lions, Saints, Bears or Houston he would already have a ring with those offenses being backed by decent defenses

Of all the teams that are playing like shit I think yours is the one that has its coach replaced first.

I think you may be right.

It's pretty clear that this team will blown up at some point (if they continue losing) its just a matter of how many weeks is Richardson willing to give them.

Schefter called Gronk the NFL's Derrick Rose, but wasn't Rose cleared by the doctors?

Wasn't Gronk also cleared by the team doctors?

He just called in JA for a second opinion.

Narag

Gronk is out again? =/

Wonder if this is the beginning of the end for him with the Pats. Seems like drama brewing.

edit: lol, this boston globe article about it is great.

I’m no doctor, but broken bones usually heal within five months.

Playing through injuries is common in the NFL, and Gronkowski’s team needs him. If the bone is still damaged five months after surgery, who’s to say it’s going to get stronger anytime soon?

If he happens to break the bone again? That’s a matter between the player, the team, and possibly an arbitration court. Of course, it’s unlikely that Gill implanted the device in Gronkowski’s forearm without the player’s consent.

Gronkowski has to look out for himself first and foremost, but at some point soon, an obligation to his teammates and fans must get him back on the football field.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ot-his-back/kRR0PojnemyNERYIcmBlgL/story.html

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm not sure how to interpret the Adrian Peterson issue. First, anyone that would beat a child to death deserves to be set on fire.
I know nothing about Peterson's relationship with his late son, or the child's mother. I personally would be too distraught to do anything let alone play football, but I'll be the first to admit I'm applying my on feelings into a situation I know nothing about. It still seems like he's taking the news like the death of the family pet.
I dunno, I'm not interested in soapboxing here, the whole thing is sad and confusing.

Narag

I'm not sure how to interpret the Adrian Peterson issue. First, anyone that would beat a child to death deserves to be set on fire.
I know nothing about Peterson's relationship with his late son, or the child's mother. I personally would be too distraught to do anything let alone play football, but I'll be the first to admit I'm applying my on feelings into a situation I know nothing about. It still seems like he's taking the news like the death of the family pet.
I dunno, I'm not interested in soapboxing here, the whole thing is sad and confusing.

I think he only found out about the kid a few months (maybe weeks?) before all this happened.

DMczaf

Both of you Eeyores need to settle down and stop trying to have a Persecution Complex competition. Both of y'all deserve NO sympathy.

Stop trying to get GAF sympathy with your persecution complex. I am on you son . No one deserves more sympathy than lions and you know it .

So just STAPH

You MOTHER FUCKER!

Agree. I find it kinda disgusting that he's playing. Seems like more of a situation where he was just a sperm donor. He should show a little respect for the poor kid. I dunno.

Also, fuck the Chiefs.

Tabris

I need some fantasy advice guys quick, sorry.

I need to pick the following positions

WR3
RB2
FLEX

I have the following players: Desean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Justin Blackmon, Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy, Chris Johnson, and Darren Sproles.

Who should I pick? CJ has been a constant disappointment and I think I finally decided I won't play him until he has a good week.

I need some fantasy advice guys quick, sorry.

I need to pick the following positions

WR3
RB2
FLEX

I have the following players: Desean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Justin Blackmon, Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy, Chris Johnson, and Darren Sproles.

Who should I pick? CJ has been a constant disappointment and I think I finally decided I won't play him until he has a good week.

Sproles needs to always be in your lineup.

Torrey Smith will get you between 8-11, but Desean needs to start today against the Buccaneers. Chris Johnson's matchup is too tough this week.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think he only found out about the kid a few months (maybe weeks?) before all this happened.

Then that makes sense. He probably hadn't had a chance to develop a relationship with him and now never will. Thats a weird mindset to be and I can see playing in that regard rather than dwelling on it.

I'm not going to judge AD for playing, different people deal with grief in different ways and he's certainly entitled to play if that's what he wants to do. A 2 year old child was brutally murdered and knowing the degree to which Peterson was involved in the child's life won't change that fact. As far as I'm concerned that's his personal business between him and his family and I'll respect that.

It's an unfortunate coincidence, but this is the second straight year where the Panthers played a team dealing with a tragic loss (they played the Chiefs the same weekend as the Belcher murder-suicide). I think Rivera said it best Friday. It's just the sad nature of this sport and this business where you want to grieve with your brother in these kinds of times (especially a guy like AD whose universally respected in the league), but come game day, you have to go out and try and beat his brains in like any other football Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom