• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the blame on Brady and the offense for this one. Pats defense did what they could to stop the Jets, and got the ball back when they needed to. Brady has to get his shit together or the Pats are going no where.

Yeah I think the defense did a fair job with what they have. Brady had multiple chances through this game. Just didn't make throws that are good enough and of course the play calling could have been better, thanks McD.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck you Kubiak. I swear to god you kill QB's.

And the right side of the line is pathetic.

WTF fat aggie makes it this week lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brady has looked really flustered, maybe it's the pass rush, maybe it's the awful receivers, maybe it's the age catching up to him. Horrible execution today and really the pats should've lost a few more already, really tough road ahead for the pats.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That call was straight up bullshit, gratz Jets on your "win"

How can the right call be bullshit? It was a clear violation of the rules.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Rule 913: Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into offensive formation.

eznark

Banned
But pushing the runner for forward progress is always OK.

Not in college or high school. And in the NFL the rule technically is you can push a pile but not a ball carrier. I think.

Also some goof keeps replying to my gaf posts on twitter. It's adorably hilarious. Must be lunchbox.

Unlike baseball where clear strike three's are called ball four by idiot umpires, that call isn't open for interpretation. He clearly pushed the player in front of him through the pile. It's illegal at all levels of football and is a penalty. You don't see it called because it's been the rule forever and is so easily avoidable that no one ever does it.
New rule this year according to the announcers, so not forever.

Bread

Banned
How can the right call be bullshit? It was a clear violation of the rules.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Rule 913: Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into offensive formation.
coming from the guy complaining about an obvious push off call?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Now if only we could replace Kubiak

Such god awful play calling the last three plays. Wtf running to the right over and over.

Bowser

While it was the correct call, let's not act like you all knew this is "always called" and a hard and fast rule:

MikeGarafolo: ---> RT @MikePereira: That is correct call in NE/NYJ game. New rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on FG

Trey

Not in college or high school. And in the NFL the rule technically is you can push a pile but not a ball carrier. I think.

Also some goof keeps replying to my gaf posts on twitter. It's adorably hilarious. Must be lunchbox.

It's because the long snapper has his head down. Pushing through that with two players is considered an unfair advantage in trying to block a kick.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
AJ Hawk has been play exceptionally well with Matthews out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom