• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwork5

The Chiefs? c'mon. They would be on the short-list of most fraudulent 6-0 teams every if anyone, anywhere thought they could do anything in the playoffs

7-0

They have the best defense in football and Jamaal Charles. But keep on discounting the Chiefs, we dont care... we hear it every week.

Hunter S.

Why are so many people down on the Chiefs?

They have a great defense, they can run the ball, and they have a quarterback who does not turn the ball over.

They may not be blowing teams out, but isn't that an old school recipe for post season success?

The Chiefs win today was not anything special. That rookie QB of the Texans looked like a rookie. And Kubiack kept running the ball all day which was not working against your D. It was not an impressive, even if it is still a win. Just what I noticed. The Chiefs and Texans were boring.

Farooq

Banned
The Chiefs win today was not anything special. That rookie QB looked like a rookie. And Kubiack kept running the ball all day which was not working against your D. It was not an impressive, even if it is still a win. Just what I noticed. The Chiefs and Texans were boring.

First, I am Dallas Cowboys fan. Second, not every win is going to be pretty, especially when running the ball and playing defense is your MO.

Clockwork5

The Chiefs win today was not anything special. That rookie QB looked like a rookie. And Kubiack kept running the ball all day which was not working against your D. It was not an impressive, even if it is still a win. Just what I noticed. The Chiefs and Texans were boring.

That rookie QB is not a rookie and did not look like one either. Every Chiefs game is boring because we clamp down on D and win. Its beautiful really.

Spinluck

Freeman and Landry are cleared to play this Sunday.

We need Darius Butler out there instead of Vaughn. Since Vaughn is pure shit.

That way Peyton will throw only 7TDs instead of 9.

I was spot on about us needing Darius Butler this game. He has taken Welker out the game so far, guy is legit when it comes to covering slot WRs.

Butler is on Welker tonight. He's a pretty underrated DB that can take most slot wide outs out of a game.

Vontae Davis was terrific tonight, but, IMO, the guy who was the defensive key for the Colts tonight was Darius Butler, who smothered Wes Welker and kept him completely neutralized until very late in the game.

Yep, I sort of called it! Sorta, lol.

I would throw SF out of the equation. The NFC race is going to be a bloodbath. Plus on the AFC side you have wildcards like the Chiefs, Chargers and of course the Patriots.

The Packers and Lions can both beat Indy if certain players are healthy. They`re a solid team but I dont think they can hang with the Pats or a Broncos rematch in Denver.

The Lions can beat Indy if they aren't that shitty team called the Lions.

GG Indy. I knew one of these games our defense was going to blow, and there just wouldn't be enough offense to lean on. To be honest, I'm not even mad Denver lost, rather, I'm glad. Better for them to take their lumps now, stop reading into the hype, and learn from this game. Manning will, but how the rest of the team responds is my question -- more specifically the defense. Turnovers are the silent plague for the Denver Broncos. When they have one of those games, they really have them. Overall Luck was sensational, and the defense did a good job keeping everyone in check until garbage time.

Hunter S.

First, I am Dallas Cowboys fan. Second, not every win is going to be pretty, especially when running the ball and playing defense is your MO.

I am saying there is no way they win them all with performances like that. Chiefs still have the Broncos twice. I think nothing is proven, yet about weho will come out on top. Both teams have relitively easy games next week so the Chiefs Broncos game will be just as huge as if the Broncos won tonight.

Bread

Banned
They play Manning twice, Luck, and Rivers twice. Are there any other good QBs in the AFC? I can't think of any.
i know that, hoyer was the real test and now it's an easy road to 18-0. we'll see if they're unlucky enough to face flacco. if not, they probably go 19 straight.

PatzCU

I'm glad the Broncos got their loss out of the way. If we're going to lose one game this year, I'd rather it be against Indy than KC or SD. Like the last couple games, it was pretty sloppy. The Broncos have all the right pieces in place but really have to clean up the shitty turnovers. I'd like to think that's an easier task than trying to clean up a dysfunctional offense/defense. And no, I don't think the Broncos defense is dysfunctional.

squicken

Hmm. What will it take for you to consider the Chiefs legit? A playoff win? A super bowl win? If they go 19-0, would you still call them frauds?

Just curious. Denver has been exposed defensively, Indy got shut down by the Chargers, NE are paper tigers, and the Bengals are the Bengals. Who in the AFC looks (clearly) better than KC right now? That defense is for fucking real, dude. I don't buy that they're more fraudulent than anyone else.

If the Chiefs win that division I will take them seriously. Right now they are just beating bad teams with defense. We see this all the time. Easy schedule, good defense and special teams. Closest it got to working was SF in 2011

I'm glad the Broncos got their loss out of the way. If we're going to lose one game this year, I'd rather it be against Indy than KC or SD. Like the last couple games, it was pretty sloppy. The Broncos have all the right pieces in place but really have to clean up the shitty turnovers. I'd like to think that's an easier task than trying to clean up a dysfunctional offense/defense. And no, I don't think the Broncos defense is dysfunctional.
XUIPb.gif

If the Chiefs win that division I will take them seriously. Right now they are just beating bad teams with defense. We see this all the time. Easy schedule, good defense and special teams. Closest it got to working was SF in 2011
If Lovie Smith was head coach, they would literally be the mid-00s Bears reincarnate. As much as we protested that the Bears were lucky and that surely "they could not keep winning games like this", they continued winning games and almost won a Super Bowl with Rex "fuck it, I'm going deep" Grossman at QB. Do not underestimate the formula!

I think there's a chance they take that division. Depends if Denver is a 14 win team or a 11-12 win team.

Time will tell. Couple of bad games will moving pieces is not a complete narrative.

See I don't believe that. We're 7 weeks in - you are what you are. There aren't really drastic changes is defensive positioning this far into the season. Von Miller may improve the pass rush, but the rest of the D is trash and 1 guy isn't going to make a massive difference.

The real question is does it matter? Despite the loss the Broncs still have the most explosive offense in the league. D doesn't have to be good when the offense is always on the field.....until the playoffs anyway.

edit: Oh, and I said it before but this is Champ's last season with the Broncos. He's done. Only question is will he retire or try to play elsewhere next year?

Against divisional opponents? That could determine home-field advantage throughout the playoffs?

Hunter S.

See I don't believe that. We're 7 weeks in - you are what you are. Von Miller may improve the pass rush, but the rest of the D is trash and 1 guy isn't going to make a massive difference.

The real question is does it matter? Despite the loss the Broncs still have the most explosive offense in the league. D doesn't have to be good when the offense is always on the field.....until the playoffs anyway.

We will be able to judge them against playoff teams besides the Colts soon like the Chiefs, Patriots, and I am not worried about whatever AFC North team makes the playoffs. So your playoff point is bullshit.

Narag

Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri.

His 52-yarder in the fourth quarter was his ninth field goal from 50 yards or longer in the past three years. He hit 10 in his first 15 NFL seasons.

That's crazy. Or PEDs.

Farooq

Banned
I wish I had access to the All 22 tape from the Cowboys/Eagles game right now.

I would like to see if Foles really had no where to go with the ball, and how many times did Foles have a chance at a big play but just did not see it.

From the TV broadcast it did seem like Carr, Scandrick, and Claiborne played really well in man.

Godslay

Banned
See I don't believe that. We're 7 weeks in - you are what you are. Von Miller may improve the pass rush, but the rest of the D is trash and 1 guy isn't going to make a massive difference.

Well, clearly we have arrived at a deadlock, as usual and I disagree with you. You want me to stop arguing everything? Fine. Define trash for me first.

See I don't believe that. We're 7 weeks in - you are what you are. There aren't really drastic changes is defensive positioning this far into the season. Von Miller may improve the pass rush, but the rest of the D is trash and 1 guy isn't going to make a massive difference.

I'd say give it some more time for Miller to become integrated back into the defense. That will help the secondary out a little. But I would be lying if I said the secondary hasn't, and doesn't continue to worry me. I think the team will learn and grow from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom