• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, clearly we have arrived at a deadlock, as usual and I disagree with you. You want me to stop arguing everything? Fine. Define trash for me first.

There you go taking it personal again.

The Denver Broncos give up 26.3 points per game (last year in the reg. season they gave up 18.1 PPG). They are ranked 25th in the league. I'd say that's trash.

still no word on Finley?

:(

No news is good news.

squicken

[im]http://i.imgur.com/XUIPb.gif[/img]

If Lovie Smith was head coach, they would literally be the mid-00s Bears reincarnate. As much as we protested that the Bears were lucky and that surely "they could not keep winning games like this", they continued winning games and almost won a Super Bowl with Rex "fuck it, I'm going deep" Grossman at QB. Do not underestimate the formula!

I think there's a chance they take that division. Depends if Denver is a 14 win team or a 11-12 win team.

They really are the Bears. We'll see. They are a nice story but it just seems like I have seen that movie. Obviously injuries are huge in all this. Some players cannot be lost, and I think Reggie was one of those. Colts were 2-14 in 2011 and they just don't have depth of a quality draft and develop organization

cashman

Banned
I wish I had access to the All 22 tape from the Cowboys/Eagles game right now.

I would like to see if Foles really had no where to go with the ball, and how many times did Foles have a chance at a big play but just did not see it.

From the TV broadcast it did seem like Carr, Scandrick, and Claiborne played really well in man.
Yeah I definitely wish I had access to All 22

Godslay

Banned
There you go taking it personal again.

The Denver Broncos give up 26.3 points per game. They are ranked 25th in the league.. I'd say that's trash.

So disagreeing with you is taking it personal?

Anyways, since we are who we are and it's Week 7 and can't change, if the Broncos are 25th or lower at the end of the season in terms of defense you can choose my avatar for the entirety of the playoffs including and ending after the Superbowl. Are you willing to take that bet? Same applies the other way, I get to choose yours for the playoffs and Superbowl.

So disagreeing with you is taking it personal?

Anyways, since we are who we are and it's Week 7 and can't change, if the Broncos are 25th or lower at the end of the season in terms of defense you can choose my avatar for the entirety of the playoffs including and ending after the Superbowl. Are you willing to take that bet?

Absolutely not, because if they rise above their station and end up 24th i'm fucked despite proving my point.

And yes, you are taking it personal, or at least appear to. I'm saying my piece and you're getting mad about it, that says to me you're taking it personal. You get really aggressive when defending the Broncos, and almost never any other time.

Greg

No news is good news.
I'll just keep watching this

iszl57Jk3msX3.gif

eznark

Banned
Finley is done, one way or the other. I just cannot imagine he'll come back, at least not this season. Time for the Stoneburner.

Godslay

Banned
Absolutely not, because if they rise above their station and end up 24th i'm fucked despite proving my point.

And yes, you are taking it personal, or at least appear to. I'm saying my piece and you're getting mad about it, that says to me you're taking it personal. You get really aggressive when defending the Broncos, and almost never any other time.

I'm hardly mad, that's you projecting here bud.

It's not personal for someone to argue their beliefs against yours. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, in that this defense will improve. You said we are who we are, do you not believe this?

eznark

Banned
1be2f380354747aeb17a7694025ea53e.png

I think you think you aren't mad, but you seem pretty mad that people think you are mad, which makes telling you you are mad a lot more fun.

That's what I thought.

Clearly you don't believe in your own assertions.
C'mon Slay, don't do this, man. Don't do this!

Deacon's argument is that teams round into form by mid-season, and if they don't show a quality by this point it's not going to magically happen down the road. He's not wrong.

However, there are exceptions to every rule. Take comfort in that! For example, look up stats on the 2006 Colts defense (first regular season only, then playoffs only) and your head may literally explode. The 2nd worst defense in the league reaches the playoffs, gets one key starter back, and turnover binges their way to a Lombardi.

Hunter S.

Can I be the happy Bronco fan now?

I am feeling fine despite the annoyance of Deacon.
They really did lose due to turnovers. We can stop playing Hillman. But, it is hard to say we need to stop playing Trindon Holliday despite him almost having two turnovers. Peyton's interception was just a good play by the Colt's D. I say that unfortunately moreno will have to take almost every rush if they want to control turnovers.

I'm hardly mad, that's you projecting here bud.

It's not personal for someone to argue their beliefs against yours. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, in that this defense will improve. You said we are who we are, do you not believe this?

I'm not saying you arguing or us disagreeing is taking it personal. I like arguing with you Slay!

What i'm saying is the fact that you feel you have to argue with anybody who says anything negative about the Broncos says you're taking it to heart. Not just me (though to be fair I just loove stirring the pot).

And as for the bet, yes I think you are what you are. That doesn't translate to 25th in the NFL, no more no less. There will be slight improvement or decline over the season. If during week 17 the Broncos average 24 ppg as opposed to 26.3 are they a good D?

Greg

Finley is done, one way or the other. I just cannot imagine he'll come back, at least not this season. Time for the Stoneburner.
yeah, I honestly don't see him coming back - I just hope he's alright

and I'm all in for Stoneburner

O-H

I am feeling fine despite the annoyance of Deacon.
They really did lose due to turnovers. We can stop playing Hillman. But, it is hard to say we need to stop playing Trindon Holliday despite him almost having two turnovers. Peyton's interception was just a good play by the Colt's D. I say that unfortunately moreno will have to take almost every rush if they want to control turnovers.

Turnovers are the Broncos bugaboo. When it rains, it pours. Sadly, it's at the point with Hillman where he's too much of a liability to hold the ball. Holliday, well, he's been one of the best return men in the game, despite his tendencies. That's just the price you pay, but that fumble was more of a good play by Indy's D than Holliday from what I saw. Really, it all goes back to the defense, and this was the one game I knew was coming. The problem the Broncos face is how they are going to go about fixing that moon sized hole in the secondary?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Yep, I sort of called it! Sorta, lol.

Yes, you were on to something, without a doubt. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen a team go an entire game using only 2 down linemen. Usually, if you essentially run a nickel full time, you take out a linebacker. Greg Manusky deserved a game ball for sure...

h1nch

I'm still pretty optimistic about the defense too if Von can start being more of a disruptive force. We saw a few flashes tonight but he was largely held in check and looked a lot like someone who hasn't been around the team in 6 weeks, so I'm not terribly concerned about that.

I think its feasible for them to finish middle of the pack when all is said and done. Could go either way. Really want to get Woodyard back healthy though. I think the linebackers are a big issue in pass coverage, moreso than the secondary. Obviously I don't have access to the same type of game film that the coaches do, but most blown coverages I saw seemed to occur over the middle, or with backs coming out of the backfield uncovered.

Don't think they'll do a complete 180, but I could see them getting noticeably better if they can get a bit of luck with their current injuries.

Hunter S.

After the way Champ played, I am thinking he should stay out even if he heals up soon. He looked really slow both games he was back.

Spinluck

Take comfort in that! For example, look up stats on the 2006 Colts defense (first regular season only, then playoffs only) and your head may literally explode. The 2nd worst defense in the league reaches the playoffs, gets one key starter back, and turnover binges their way to a Lombardi.

It was incredible.

h1nch

After the way Champ played, I am thinking he should stay out even if he heals up soon. He looked really slow both games he was back.

I agree. Champ made some mental mistakes out there. He looked rusty, wasn't at 100%, and ended up re-injuring his foot.

I'd rather see us roll with DRC, Chris Harris, and Kayvon Webster who looks really promising for a rookie CB.

Not a huge fan of Tony Carter. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay on the bench.

Godslay

Banned
Well considering that they are now the 30th ranked defense, that's a tall order. Fuck it, give me 21 and above and we have a deal.

I'm probably crazy to do this, but whatever it's just an avatar.

See Slay, Hunter agrees with me!

Did you miss the post where I said as much, during the game? Called you out by name. Credit where credit is due. Sucks it's due to injury, but it is what it is.

Stop playing shitty zone coverage when you can't get a pass rush going.

That, and Champ wasn't nearly the panacea that everyone was expecting him to be. Sadly, he got exposed last season in the playoffs, and I think the only way he gets a ring now is by riding the bench, regardless of his health.

It was incredible.
I took my own advice and looked up the stats. It's actually more ridiculous than I remembered.

It wasn't just turnovers. That defense turned into a legitimately good defense. They didn't play any elite offenses in their run, but apart from the Bears (lol) they were all in the top half of the league. And the D just shut people down. WTF happened? Was Bob Sanders a glass god?

Spinluck

Yes, you were on to something, without a doubt. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen a team go an entire game using only 2 down linemen. Usually, if you essentially run a nickel full time, you take out a linebacker. Greg Manusky deserved a game ball for sure...

Indeed.

EDIT: The pass rush was also absolutely ferocious tonight. Really proud of the defense and Manusky's gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom