• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

I took my own advice and looked up the stats. It's actually more ridiculous than I remembered.

It wasn't just turnovers. That defense turned into a legitimately good defense. They didn't play any elite offenses in their run, but apart from the Bears (lol) they were all in the top half of the league. And they just shut people down. WTF happened? Was Bob Sanders a glass god?

Yes he was. Big story is still that first game holding Larry Johnson to 32 yards iirc who had run for nearly 1800 during the season. I think they were dead last in the league in run D going into that.

Yes he was. Big story is still that first game holding Larry Johnson to 32 yards iirc who had run for nearly 1800 during the season. I think they were dead last in the league in run D going into that.
Looking at the stats, I saw a regular season game where they gave up 375 rushing yards to the Jags. :jnc

Hunter S.

I agree. Champ made some mental mistakes out there. He looked rusty, wasn't at 100%, and ended up re-injuring his foot.

I'd rather see us roll with DRC, Chris Harris, and Kayvon Webster who looks really promising for a rookie CB.

Not a huge fan of Tony Carter. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay on the bench.
Exactly, Champ should become a depth guy when he heals. I also heard the idea he switches to safety because he can still tackle really well, but is slowing down. As a safety tackling is more important. I do not know if Fox would do this due to Champ's pride and prestige, but it seems the time for change has come.

Spinluck

I took my own advice and looked up the stats. It's actually more ridiculous than I remembered.

It wasn't just turnovers. That defense turned into a legitimately good defense. They didn't play any elite offenses in their run, but apart from the Bears (lol) they were all in the top half of the league. And the D just shut people down. WTF happened? Was Bob Sanders a glass god?

Booger McFarland also helped!! I will never know for sure what possessed the defense that run, but it was something special. That Pats game was probably my best playoff memory, especially after being knocked out the playoffs by them multiple times.

h1nch

Exactly, Champ should become a depth guy when he heals. I also heard the idea he switches to safety because he can still tackle really well, but is slowing down. As a safety tackling is more important. I do not know if Fox would do this due to Champ's pride and prestige, but it seems the time for change has come.

I remember reading this too, but if I recall it seemed like Champ was onboard with that plan as a way to prolong his career. Not sure if he thinks he's at that stage but at some point he's going to have to consider it if he wants to see the field.

I'm not sure how Rahim Moore has graded out thru 7 games. He's made some timely plays but its not like he's Ed Reed out there. Keep hearing that Broncos staff are really happy with his progress from last year.

Hunter S.

I did not read it, just heard it talked about by the CBS half time crew. If Champ if is fine with it that is good news to hear. Better to have plenty of options.

squicken

It's kind of funny the Colts did what SEA does every week. They played man, clutched and grabbed, and dared the refs to throw a flag every play. It's smart but not really fun if you like watching skilled play

Why are so many people down on the Chiefs?

They have a great defense, they can run the ball, and they have a quarterback who does not turn the ball over. They may not be blowing teams out, but isn't that an old school recipe for post season success?

I think they are a good team, don't get me wrong, but they are taking advantage of a last place schedule. They have beat one team with a winning record (the very average Cowboys), and their opponents record is a combined 14-33

Miguel

Finley swagg
FINLEY WRECKING Ball!
Finley fucking shit up
Jesus, what got into Finley today? That's one of the best plays I've seen him make in a looooooong time!
HALL

OF

FINLEY

"wheel of fortune music"
Good job Finley. Feels weird to say
Maybe Finley gonna finally live up to his own hype.

But who slipped the pack wolverine uniforms. So confused...
Finley is just that good!
Finley doesn't give a fuuuuuuuck (even if it didn't count)
You all got him killed, you barbarians.

damn graham catch that
FUCK YOU GRAHAM GOD DAMN
Game of inches... ugh.

Keenum slining
I was so excited to see the ball go more than 7 yards
lol same
...or 7 yards...

Fuckin Newton
Yeah pull his hologram ass and put Harris in
Fuck you Kubiak. I swear to god you kill QB's.

And the right side of the line is pathetic.

WTF fat aggie makes it this week lol
Texans installed a revolving door at RT.

Now if only we could replace Kubiak
Lost cause this year, likely done at end of year, McNair won't hang noose in middle of season. (No accountability, top to bottom on this team)

Sure TD dropped.
Scores 3 on supposed toughest defense.
Such god awful play calling the last three plays. Wtf running to the right over and over.

Still whines about Kubiak...

OD catches that :(

Ok that's more reasonable.
<3 Matrix

Foster hurt. You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Foster hurt? sigh
Really good job cleaning up the penalties Texans bleh

ugh
Wait, Foster is hurt? He's 50% of their offense.
You double/triple team Watt, you abuse the Texans D. This will happen every week now.
Ed reed is old and needs to retire.
Fuck Foster hurt and Tate is only other RB active today.....
And Foster done for the day.

wow Keenum pooping on KC too
Going into the game, Foster's been battlefighting his hammy... activate only 2 RBs. Welp...

Man this Keenum guy looks good.
Holy shit Hopkins!!!!

Case 4life!!!
Schaub now jobless.
Oh my god
TD FUCK YES
Keenum baby!
Damn, Keenum put that one right on the money. Great pass.

Trap game?
Keenum :O

Hopkins is so good, I wish we had a second 1st to draft him as our next #1
Keep that shit up Keenum.. :D
Keenum don't give a fuck about your defense.
Great throw by Keenum there.
Woo go Case Keenum! Now that Foster is out I no longer have to root for the KC defense!
CASEEEEEEEE >>>>> SCHOOB

FUCKKKKKKK
tVHN1.gif

bring back schoob
76ca8d143d4af6612b22ffd59a035966.gif

Leave Matt in KC.
mmZ91AT.gif

He looks composed. Sliding up, and standing tough in the pocket.
Just like he looked at UH. Dude is legit.
Yeah, the deep ball looked nice as well. So much for a noodle arm.
schaub to Cleveland for. Well....anything really
I don't even know where the noodle arm shit came from. He's got a great arm and its leagues ahead of the real noodle on the sideline.

Martin suckkkkkkkssss
Man, Keenum is just tearing us up.
Case....my man
keenum looking sharp today
The "weak arm" stuff was stated as fact by everyone in the media, which I can excuse the national media, the Texans always fly under radar, 3rd string guy is going to be buried beneath everything. But some local bloggers *coughstephaniestradley* have continued the fallacy, and it's just not true. It's not "Throw off your knees 80 yards" but he doesn't have a weak arm, and it's way stronger than Schoobs.

Lechler GOAT
Love Lechler.

Schaub would have fell down on that blitz
Yep lol I was thinking the same thing.
he would have pick-6ed it.
I know the exact play y'all are referring to :jnc

texans D smh
Did everyone know KC is loud? If not CBS can say it again
Houston D is falling apart.
Looks like Alex got the memo that he can't count on the defense to win the game today.
This Texans D sucks. Watt can't get pressure cause of doubles and everyone else blows.
Houston D is lackluster so far. They are keeping Watt locked.
Over pursuing. Too aggressive and KC is making them pay
lol texans got majorly fooled there
Pathetic as all hell D. Way to help Case today.
Why did #59 just freeze when Alex Smith did?
Who is 59?? He was basically frozen to see if Alex would hand it off to no one.
lol absurd watching it replayed again.

Texans D lol worthy
Looked more on Mays. Left the lane open, made the wrong read.

So bad...

Alex Smith handed it off to Manti Teo's girlfriend.
wco7XDE.gif

If only Andre was a foot to his right.
First time ever because schaub sure as shit couldn't throw that
Yeah, no lucky bounce there. :(

Ok... I've caught up on the first half. I'll do half #2 tomorrow.

Milchjon

Loved DHB killing Bailey on the first TD.

Love that they're still pointing out all the time that "Luck is a pretty good runner".

Loved that even the NFL's own guys are making fun of the helmet to helmet rules ("He's a runner. Can do anything to a runner".)

As for the Pats, shit sucks. Hard to keep yourself looking away from Brady's stats.

Miguel

Loved DHB killing Bailey on the first TD.

Love that they're still pointing out all the time that "Luck is a pretty good runner".

Loved that even the NFL's own guys are making fun of the helmet to helmet rules ("He's a runner. Can do anything to a runner".)

As for the Pats, shit sucks. Hard to keep yourself looking away from Brady's stats.

I knew I forgot to recap something.

Pats fans, you realize you lost to the NY JETS today, right?

THE NEW YORK J E T S.

They're one of your teams as well now?

We lost to a division rival, no easy games there unfortunately. We beat the Jets the last 6 times before this, but they always play us hard. It's like they don't like us. But since you have to keep track of your 27 teams and have a brain the size of a pea, I understand that it's hard to keep track of the divisions.

Duxxy3

THE NEW YORK J E T S.

Missing 3 of our 4 best defensive players (and Tommy Kelly).

No excuse for Brady's poor play though.

The defense could get some help through trades. The offense is contingent on Brady playing better. If he continues to play like he has for the first 7 games we are one and done in the playoffs.

Tabris

I hate the Jets but any enemy of my enemy is my friend.

But the point was, before you went on your tangent, stop talking shit (not you specifically, all Pats fans) about Manning when your team lost to the Jets, without a single TD throw from Brady.

Tabris

It gets a little complicated when you root for 2/3rds of the league.

I don't get this joke, especially when you have people like squicken here. It's easy, "Which team has a Manning? OK, that's Tabris' teams". And unless Cooper Manning comes out of nowhere, that's 2. I don't count Manning on the Texans.

Miguel

I don't get this joke, especially when you have people like squicken here. It's easy, "Which team has a Manning? OK, that's Tabris' teams". And unless Cooper Manning comes out of nowhere, that's 2. I don't count Manning on the Texans.
It's actually spelled Keenum.

Milchjon

THE NEW YORK J E T S.

Do you remember that you are an Eli fan? How's that going this year?

:jnc

How did you even end up like this? Started out as a Peyton fan and added Eli in the 2007 playoffs?

Boose

Watched the post game interview with jared cook and he kept saying how the Bradford injury was a dirty play. I can't agree on that front. Maybe if cook would stop counting his stacks of cash and get the hell open his qb wouldn't have to tuck and run.

Starting to realize I dislike a lot of the people fish brought in.

It was a dirty play and I'm not even a Rams fan. The Panthers are one of the most unlikeable teams in the league. But when you have Steve Smith and Cam Newton on your roster it would be hard not to be one of the most unlikeable teams in the league.

Matt Ryan today was 20/26 273 yards, 3 TDs 0 INT. QBR 148.4 against a Bucs defense that is pretty good despite their record.
So much for Ryan only being able to make plays with the likes of Jones, White, and Gonzales.

squicken

Watched the post game interview with jared cook and he kept saying how the Bradford injury was a dirty play. I can't agree on that front. Maybe if cook would stop counting his stacks of cash and get the hell open his qb wouldn't have to tuck and run.

Starting to realize I dislike a lot of the people fish brought in.

Bradford was giving himself up. He was in-bounds and the hit was legal. But Mitchell sold out to get the shot. I have zero doubt CAR was going after him as revenge for the Quinn hit on Cam. Mitchell celebrating when he sees that he is injured is pretty convincing. Hardy was also pretty proud of himself after taking that dirty shot. Anyone with game rewind can go watch if they need more context than the GIFs provide

Dahl ran around shoving and pushing but they never did anything. It was pretty lame. They let CAR bully them, goad them into fouls, take out their QB and end their season, and did nothing

e: But yes, Cook needs to shut it. He isn't good. The least physical TE I have ever seen. Gets re-routed and just gives up. Perfect example was the 2nd and 4th down plays before the safety. Finnegan is awful too. They will need to change some coaches and look at personnel people when season ends (officially)

kmfdmpig

I think they are a good team, don't get me wrong, but they are taking advantage of a last place schedule. They have beat one team with a winning record (the very average Cowboys), and their opponents record is a combined 14-33

That's true, but the Broncos have played only a slightly more difficult schedule and have an L. It has seemed like a double standard on that front, particularly as the Broncos had an easier schedule so far coming into the weekend.

With that said, you're right that weeks 11-13 and 16-17 will be the weeks which determine how legit the Chiefs really are. Yesterday it was encouraging that they won despite their D struggling a bit. The O left a lot of points on the table (Fasano needed inches to get in the end zone, took a knee on the one, fumbled in the red zone). If the O, particularly the O line can continue to improve then I think they can be a legitimate threat. Their defense can be lights out at times.

minx

Just wanted to state again just how God awful the Bears Defense is right now. They cannot stop anyone with all these injuries. Worst Bears defense I have ever seen. Before this game the defense had a combined 2nd lowest PFF grade. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the lowest after this week. A lot of defensive free agents next year. I think they blow it up in the off season.

It was a dirty play and I'm not even a Rams fan. The Panthers are one of the most unlikeable teams in the league. But when you have Steve Smith and Cam Newton on your roster it would be hard not to be one of the most unlikeable teams in the league.
At least they're not as unlikeable as the Lions. Their coach seems like a decent guy morally, just an idiot
Just wanted to state again just how God awful the Bears Defense is right now. They cannot stop anyone with all these injuries. Worst Bears defense I have ever seen. Before this game the defense had a combined 2nd lowest PFF grade. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the lowest after this week. A lot of defensive free agents next year. I think they blow it up in the off season.
The Bears Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom