• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Here is the reason for the rule apparently:

The rule was included at the request of several offensive lineman and approved by the Competition Committee. The linemen, particularly the centers, felt the injury risk would go down if defensive players couldn’t cave in the centers by lining up right over them or having players be pushed into a huge scrum at them.

Makes sense and like I said yesterday, I actually thought it already was a rule and was a subsection of the leverage rule. The league does so much to try and protect interior linemen on those long snap plays that I'm a little surprised this wasn't already in there.

Fox318

Westoff explained. The new rule pretty well on the radio yesterday. He also said that knowing bill he was trying to get away with it.

eznark

Banned
Westoff explained. The new rule pretty well on the radio yesterday. He also said that knowing bill he was trying to get away with it.

He clearly was. He took a quote from an NFL official a few weeks ago that mentioned "second level" players and used it as his justification despite the rule saying nothing about second level players and is written clear as day. He was marking cards and got caught. That's why he didn't make a huge fuss.

Fox318

Rulebook says nothing about first or second level. The rule was put in place after a recommendation by the redskins long snapper.

It's kind of nice seeing most Pats fans and the media in complete denial about this,

Peter King this morning was great. Dan Patrick asked him if Brady was bad yesterday and after a long pause he said yes he was. You could tell that it pained him greatly to say that.

eznark

Banned
Kind of thrilled that Brandon Marshall is standing up and calling out the league regarding Brandon Meriweather. Hopefully he calls out the NFLPA as well.

Godslay

Banned
New day, 6-1, still in the hunt. Goal was never a perfect season in my mind, just get to the playoffs and show up. If it has to be a wildcard so be it.

It was a good game in the sense that they can't ignore what they need to fix now. On both sides of the ball.

iONBUq0.gif

xnipx

I took my own advice and looked up the stats. It's actually more ridiculous than I remembered.

It wasn't just turnovers. That defense turned into a legitimately good defense. They didn't play any elite offenses in their run, but apart from the Bears (lol) they were all in the top half of the league. And the D just shut people down. WTF happened? Was Bob Sanders a glass god?

Is that the year they beat us on all field goals? And the refs screwed us on a Todd Heap catch? I think the entire world expected KC(number 1 rushing offense that year) to stomp them in the wild card game tho

Good win yesterday. I wasn't able to catch the game live, but from looking at highlights it seems they didn't play great, but it was enough to get the win.

Shame about Bradford though.

I'm deathly afraid of the Thursday game against the Bucs. Struggling division rival on a short week where we finally have a little bit of momentum and are probably looking ahead to Atlanta and San Fran. Classic trap game

At least to the second one I clearly said it is a legal hit on an in-bounds player

Nice avatar

So apparently Jim Irsay got the game ball

"What a Night! Great Video Tribute for #18,as our Fans cheered! Great Win as my Team gave me the VICTORIOUS Game Ball! SWEET! I was Humbled!"

I can't believe Denver lost this game!

ShaneB

Bill takes the blame.

At least they didn't lose in the super bowl with that penality like the Rough Riders lost in the grey cup on a too many men penality giving the Als another field goal chance.

edit: I also went pretty well with my picks yesterday with the pick'em. My crowning moment that I was the only one to pick the Bills to win.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Can they please bench or cut RT Newton? He is a turnstile. He almost singlehandedly lost them the game yesterday. Sure he's going up against better pass rushers in KC, but he's giving up like 2 sacks a game. He's the Eli Manning of Offensive Tackles, heres a sack for you, and for you, oh you want one? here you go.

Defense played well enough to win, Keenum played well enough to win, even with Arian going down, and i'm pretty sure Tate wasn't that healthy after that helmet to the ribs/kidney.

Also, would love to fire Marciano.

I'm sure its pointed out, but i find it a little ironic that the team that bitched the most about receivers getting mugged downfield, beat Manning by mugging receivers down the field. That said the officiating is terrible, particularly the judgement calls. Something is either a penalty or its not. However, last night Manning gets nailed in the back after throwing the ball, no call. One or two series later, someone brushes up against Luck, and he flops like Manu Ginobli and its 15 yards personal foul. Texans defender hits Smith below the knees and its a penalty, Chiefs defender hits Case below the knees and its not.

bionic77

I have a feeling we might see a Patriots/Broncos wildcard game.
I would be ok with Peyton styling on the Pats and humiliating them.

That is a 20+ point blowout. And the best part would be the announcers trying to distract 50 million retards from the fact that Brady is really bad. I can already hear Dan Dierdorf trying to deflect the blame to the lack of a running game or no name receivers!

That is a 20+ point blowout. And the best part would be the announcers trying to distract 50 million retards from the fact that Brady is really bad. I can already hear Dan Dierdorf trying to deflect the blame to the lack of a running game or no name receivers!

But what if the Patriots win?

eznark

Banned

I demand Simms Dierdorf call that game. The tears would rival those of Patriots fans yesterday.

Can't wait until the Patriots slap the Steelers shit.

If our defense is still what is is by that time, Pats are going to be in it until the end. Won't be a blow out, especially at Foxborough in the winter. It will be a hard fight for the Broncos, but they can do it. Right now New England has to worry about winning their division, which at any other time might sound laughable, but this year, both New England and Denver may be wild card teams.

bionic77

I demand Simms Dierdorf call that game. The tears would rival those of Patriots fans yesterday.
Simms would probably be making up some fake injury while we would hear Dan's quiet sobbing in the background.

Btw, is there a worse announcer for pro football than Dan Dierdorf?

But what if the Patriots win?
I think they already used up all their luck in that New Orleans game. I don't see it happening.

bionic77

Can't wait until the Patriots slap the Steelers shit.
You just lost to and got outplayed by the Jets.

The same team we humiliated the week before.

Granted Tammy might actually look like an actual NFL qb against our shit defense but this will in no way be a blowout. I might be wrong about Tammy too. We held Geno to 6 points and he is clearly the better qb...

You just lost to and got outplayed by the Jets.

The same team we humiliated the week before.

Granted Tammy might actually look like an actual NFL qb against our shit defense but this will in no way be a blowout. I might be wrong about Tammy too. We held Geno to 6 points and he is clearly the better qb...
And you got beaten by the fucking Vikings. You must have forgotten that.

If the Pats cant miss the playoffs then my dream for the season is for them to finish as the 4th seed and the Broncos to finish as the 5th. That would be such an epic beat down in the WC round. It would be the perfect way for gata to get his year long avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom