• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
This year is shaping up to be pretty exciting.
The teams thought to be way ahead are coming back down to earth and shitty teams are rebounding a bit. It will be a very interesting race to the finish.

Just sent this foolproof plan to Harbaugh:

1. Embrace the bye week
2. ?????
3. Never lose another game
4. Back to back champs

2uSF0Aw.gif

Well, I'm off to bed. Stay salty Denver.

:( Didn't post yesterday as it was a hard game to watch for the most part outside of the 4th quarter flurry. Watching Mathis strip fumble Manning, or Bethea ripping the ball out of Hillman's hands near the end zone was strange to see, but I would expect both of them to be playmakers.

Broncos didn't deserve to win. Not being able to convert on third and 1's multiple times is horrible. It's no wonder the D was shredded earlier in the game and into the 3rd: the offense was giving it right back to the Colts and left the D out to dry.

Those turnovers, jesus christ. I know Hillman is the change of pace back, but my god even he had to recognize that his playing opportunities will be barren soon. At least give CJ Anderson a few carries to check him out.

Broncos had a really hard time with the physical play of the secondary of the Colts. That shouldn't be too much of a surprise, given Peyton's offenses always had issues with those types of defenses since everything is based on timing and tight windows. Still, the Bronocos have a lot of big receivers who should be able to win matchups.

And Holliday was an absolute nightmare the whole game. It felt like almost every punt/kickoff he made the absolute wrong choice. Bringing it out when he should kneel. Staying away from the ball when he should fair catch. But that's what you get with him - a chance for the big play but hope he can just make sound decisions. It is what it is.

Really wanted Peyton to win this one coming back, but hats off to a very impressive Indy team. They've certainly played above everyone's expectations this past season and a half.

On the bright side, as Peyton said, the Broncos had 4 turnovers and still had a chance to win the game. Must emphasize holding onto the ball over big plays (except for Hillman, he was even using good technique and still managed to fumble - just don't play him) and I can see them putting more pressure on other teams to execute well on offense.

Caja 117

If anyone still wondering or even care about it, yesterday was the first time this season that penalty flag (the ones on the Patriots) has been called.

Again, this is not an excuse for the Pats (Jets defense dominated, Brady was awful), but given the posts about it yesterday, some people were not sure if the flag was called before.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why folks think that Newton hit was dirty. It's a read-option, and it's only one step after the ball is gone. And then it's just a textbook tackle.

That's what happens when you run that play.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I think the more important, unaddressed question is why the fuck is it legal for a colts player to try to shove a broncos player into the ball on a return kick.

I think the more important, unaddressed question is why the fuck is it legal for a colts player to try to shove a broncos player into the ball on a return kick.

It's not. In fact, if memory serves me right, that exact flag was thrown in the Dallas/Washington game when a Redskin pushed a Cowboy into the ball on a punt.

Just wanted to state again just how God awful the Bears Defense is right now. They cannot stop anyone with all these injuries. Worst Bears defense I have ever seen. Before this game the defense had a combined 2nd lowest PFF grade. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the lowest after this week. A lot of defensive free agents next year. I think they blow it up in the off season.

This is easily the worst Bears defense I have ever seen. Even before the injuries, they were horribly undisciplined and couldn't tackle. But now that they've been completely decimated, the offense will need to put up at least 30 every week to make the games interesting. Needless to say, I don't see that happening. Especially if Cutler is out for an extended period of time. In two weeks, Rodgers is going to wreck every single game passing record.

Narag

@JimIrsay
As OWNER,Buck stops with U;In 1997 n January 2012,alone n the room,plotting the vision 4 Greatness! Strategically decades of success follows

@JimIrsay
Thanks 2 many ignorant n mean spirited media types,only some,certaInly not all;Man you helped FIRE UP our team..you were AWESOME! Thank YOU!

Shit like this is why the SNF guys thought the Colts PR dept likely wishes they could cancel his twitter account.

I wanted Reggie to get that record so bad.

They all love him on the team, so maybe this will turn into a "win one for Reggie" kind of season, but still.

:*(

thefro

Shit like this is why the SNF guys thought the Colts PR dept likely wishes they could cancel his twitter account.

They do wish they could cancel it, but Jim Irsay was pretty brilliant this week taking the heat off Andrew Luck and trolling Peyton a bit.

And this was the tweet in-between the two you quoted:

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/392186502093869056

So much credit 2 BEST FANS,COLTSFANS N to Peyton,MATHIS,Marvin,Reggie,Jeff Sat n now #12Luck,#13 T Y and T Dungy,Chuck P and so MANY others!

Dude definitely has an ego but not as much as the national media claims.

Jones admits he fucked up:
"Yeah, it was something we talked about probably during camp and stuff, and it just slipped out of my mind," he said. "So I just, it was just my mistake, nobody else's. I've just got to man up and fix it next time."

I think it's great that he has it and uses it. Shows what a god complex the guy has, but I figure a ton of professional sports team owners have egos the size of Texas.

And to be frank, he went from dominating his division for a decade+ with one franchise QB, throwing in the towel for one season, and now he's likely back to dominating the division for the next decade+.

However, as much as he shits on Peyton for only winning one ring -- and let's face it, we ALL think Peyton has choked in big games -- Irsay has no clue how Luck will perform. He may go his full career and pull a Marino.

eznark

Banned
15 hours since the Patriots game ended. 10,000 instances of whiners saying "that's the first time it's been called!!!!!" 0 instances of anyone showing film of a play where it occurred and wasn't called.

It's kind of funny the Colts did what SEA does every week. They played man, clutched and grabbed, and dared the refs to throw a flag every play. It's smart but not really fun if you like watching skilled play

offenses have too many advantages within the rules to complain about this

ShaneB

Ugh. Trying to find any motivation for a job I hate on a monday morning with 4 hours sleep never gets any easier. This sucks.

Miguel

15 hours since the Patriots game ended. 10,000 instances of whiners saying "that's the first time it's been called!!!!!" 0 instances of anyone showing film of a play where it occurred and wasn't called.

Keenum "stats":
* Passer rating (110.6) equiv of NFL 3rd
* QBR, ESPN QB stat (36.4) equiv of NFL 29th, worse than Schaub.

eznark

Banned
offenses have too many advantages within the rules to complain about this

Defensive backs get flagged regardless. It only makes sense to push and grab since you'll get flagged for 50% of all incompletions anyway. Better to earn it. The over-emphasis on defensive pass interference and the elimination of offensive pass interference (which has swung back a bit in the last two years, to be fair) incentivizes the mugging. It's the logical extension of Goodell-ball, just like blown out knees and shitty tackling.

Alligatorjandro said:
Sometimes its just fun to whine.
Amen to that, Gator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom