• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

gary-kubiak.jpg

Textbook :(

eznark

Banned
League will probably suspend Meriweather according to LaCanfora. That much is obvious, real question is whether the players will help him try and appeal it.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's kind of nice seeing most Pats fans and the media in complete denial about this,
I see tons of people very open about Brady not being great so far this year.

But its not like he's terrible now. He's just been inconsistent. He HAS dealt with an incredible number of dropped passes. That hardly explains away all the other times he was definitely to blame, but you have to keep that in mind still. He's also dealing with a new set of receivers, 3 of them fresh out of college. Vereen, their big receiving running back has been out and of course the twin-tight end threat is gone and we only got back Gronk yesterday(and they immediately showed good coordination). Now the defense is really hurt and more than ever, Tom has a lot of pressure to basically carry this team through on his shoulders. He still shows plenty of top-level talent, even if the mistakes are creeping in.

The team is 5-2 and leads the division still. A division that is turning out to be better than expected. Would the Pats really be better off with somebody else? Does anybody actually think this 2013 Patriots team are a 7-0 team right now or something? I see some people who just want everyone to scream 'Brady sucks' because they enjoy it, but he's still our man and I'd be pretty damn pessimistic at the moment if we had anybody else at the helm.

EDIT: Damn @ the Wayne injury. That's a huge loss.

eznark

Banned
hahaha

Guy just called into Sirius NFL to say that he read on ESPN that the NFL changed the wording of the rule after the Patriots game to make it the correct call.

Fans are so awesome!

hahaha

Guy just called into Sirius NFL to say that he read on ESPN that the NFL changed the wording of the rule after the Patriots game to make it the correct call.

Fans are so awesome!

Sounds like talk radio. lol. Someone on CLE radio was asking for Marques Grey our TE that was an old QB in HS to start. lol

So is everyone excited to see how shitty the Vikings D is in Primetime tonight?

Manning Jr's gonna put up 60pts, especially with Harrison Smith out. This could get real ugly.

Oh well. I guess us Vikings fans can see what we might have in Freeman.
Then again, with Musgrave's playcalling, it probably wouldn't matter if we had Brees on this team.

:l

Fox318

Falcons disinfected locker room after Buccaneers left

Some people might think Greg Schiano and the way he coaches his team to attack when the opposing team is kneeling out the game is a dirty move. Other people, though, think the Buccaneers are, quite literally, dirty.

Thus, we bring you the report from the Fox affiliate in Tampa Bay that, after the Falcons knocked off the Buccaneers 31-23 on Sunday, workers in hazmat suits entered the visitor's locker room and disinfected the space because they were worried about the possible spread of MRSA.

As you can see below:

MRSA cleanup crew at Georgia Dome for #Bucs lockeroom. pic.twitter.com/0HgVYLD4Ai

— Kevin ODonnell Fox13 (@ODonnellFox13) October 21, 2013
Another picture of MRSA cleanup crew going into #Bucs lockerroom at Georgia Dome. pic.twitter.com/gV3mVSsRYs

— Kevin ODonnell Fox13 (@ODonnellFox13) October 21, 2013[​

As you should know, there have been three confirmed cases of MRSA among Buccaneers players this year, including kicker Lawrence Tynes, guard Carl Nicks and rookie cornerback Johnthan Banks. The Buccaneers have said that Tynes and Nicks -- who had surgery this week to get rid of his staph infection -- did not have the same strain of MRSA.

As USA Today notes, the Buccaneers have had their facilities cleaned twice to try to rid themselves of the potentially-deadly virus. And now, so have the Falcons.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...disinfected-locker-room-after-buccaneers-left

CrankyJay

Banned

Manning Jr's gonna put up 60pts, especially with Harrison Smith out. This could get real ugly.

Then again, with Musgrave's playcalling, it probably wouldn't matter if we had Brees on this team.

I sure hope so....I have Eli and Cruz tonight and I'm down 10pts right now vs. Hakeem Nicks

Greg

Freeman to Jennings will be the new Stafford to Megatron

"If somebody would have told me [I'd have played with this many QBs so soon], I don't know if I would have came," Jennings joked. "No. ... A little humor. A little humor."

eznark

Banned
They did change the text according to Tom Curran

He said they changed an article on the website, not the rule in the rulebook. Since those are printed and given to every player, coach, official, member of USA Football, and anyone else who wants one it'd be a pretty unbelievable cover up.

Jacobs is likely to be ruled out tonight. His hamstring hasn't improved. Which means the Giants will be trotting out Peyton Hillis who's been with the team for a week and 7th round rookie Michael Cox (who flashed at times in preseason) at RB. Don't be surprised to see John Connor getting carries at this point.

In other bad injury news:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 23m

As if the #Bucs needed more bad news: I'm told the shoulder injury to RB Doug Martin is serious. Could be out several weeks or longer.

Not like the Bucs were doing anything anyways, but still shit news for a good player.

Fox318

There's lots of these articles going up lately. :jnc

I know the Broncos have tough run D, but Trents numbers keep staying in that awful category.

Still think he'll be useful for them, just not trade for a 1st useful.

Trent also doesn't pass any eye tests.

He looks as fast as Tom Brady out there.

KingGondo

Banned

I know the Broncos have tough run D, but Trents numbers keep staying in that awful category.

He's decent as part of a running back by committee and that's it. Even if it's the last pick in the first round the trade was worth it.

I still can't get over the fact that they trade UP for him in the first place, when there's no way the Vikes were gonna take him and they were unlikely to trade the pick to anyone else.

If you draft ANY running back in the top 10 in today's NFL, he'd better be Adrian Peterson.

MechDX

can't wait for Kubiak presser so we can hear he won't name a starter during the bye week. Needs to just say Case is the starter going forward

Tom Penny

He will be fine once he starts averaging 1 to 1.5 more yards per carry. He's not far off. Well worth a 1st rounder.

He's decent as part of a running back by committee and that's it. Even if it's the last pick in the first round the trade was worth it.

I still can't get over the fact that they trade UP for him in the first place, when there's no way the Vikes were gonna take him and they were unlikely to trade the pick to anyone else.

If you draft ANY running back in the top 10 in today's NFL, he'd better be Adrian Peterson.

He never looked like AD even in College. The trading up for him was such a sign of how poor the last FO staff the Browns had.

With Mingo and our current draft class I like what we've seen so far. Hopefully we can cash in on that extra pick, even if its 32.

Bowser

Wait, wait...people actually believe that this:

and this:

Were dirty hits? What the fuck is going on.

As for the first one, Panthers weren't mad at the hit but apparently stuff that Quinn said following the hit.

edit: Looks like Gross didn't like the hit, tho he did admit it was legal:

“My job is to protect the quarterback. I felt like he took a shot at him,” Gross said of Quinn, the former North Carolina standout. “It was legal, but I didn’t think it was the right thing to do.”

Newton said Quinn also had some “explicit” words for him after the hit, which angered the Panthers. Long suggested he happened to be the player in the scrum who got caught.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...lobber-feisty.html#.UmUUIRBp0rR#storylink=cpy

As for Doug Martin:

@MikeGarafolo Source tells @FOXSports1 Doug Martin suffered what's believed to be a torn labrum in his shoulder. Season possibly over

That sucks.

bionic77

And you got beaten by the fucking Vikings. You must have forgotten that.
AP would run for 1,000 yards on your shit defense.

Also Ben was fucking awesome in that loss against the Vikings. If we had Brady as our qb we loss that game by 20.

hahaha

Fans are so awesome!
I accept this as truth. No one can ever convince me otherwise.

League will probably suspend Meriweather according to LaCanfora. That much is obvious, real question is whether the players will help him try and appeal it.

I'll be really surprised if the NFLPA doesn't try to fight the suspension. Like the NFL, it believes in player's safety until it's no longer convenient for them.

Honestly, the NFL shouldn't just suspend him. He should be banned from playing. The idiot will never learn:

Brandon Meriweather said:
"I feel like every hit that I took was a legit hit," he said, per the Washington Post. "I wasn't trying to be dirty. I wasn't trying to hurt nobody. I didn't launch with my head. I used my shoulder like they told me to do. Everything I did was a pointer from them (league officials).... You've just got to play. There ain't nothing I can do about it. I just go out there and play."

It's only a matter of time until he does some serious damage. He doesn't belong on the field.

KingGondo

Banned
He never looked like AD even in College. The trading up for him was such a sign of how poor the last FO staff the Browns had.

With Mingo and our current draft class I like what we've seen so far. Hopefully we can cash in on that extra pick, even if its 32.
The front office needs to hit this next draft out of the park, especially at QB, OL, and WR. If they do (and make smart decisions in free agency) this team will be fun to watch for quite a while.

Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 44m
Wk 7 injury toll: Sam Bradford, ACL; Reggie Wayne, ACL; Leon Hall, Achilles; Brian Cushing, broken leg, torn LCL; Jermichael Finley, neck

Holy shit, and that's not including Doug Martin's torn labrum

The Wayne injury is probably the most devastating long term. Have any players his age successfully come back from an ACL tear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom