• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Browns have good offers for Gordon but not willing to trade him.

@AdamSchefter: At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

KingGondo

Banned
@AdamSchefter: At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.
Hmm... I'd kill to know which teams are offering what.

Edit: Beaten by Jbug

Drakeon

Hmm... I'd kill to know which teams are offering what.

Edit: Beaten by Jbug

Niners are likely one of them, if the rumors earlier are still true. Although at this point, Manningham should be back by the Panthers game I'd think and Crabtree not too far after. It would be nice to have him (or Nicks) against the Saints and Seahawks though.

10412523014_745d394825.jpg

Eli better bring it today...

Love watching AD play, it's like watching a man among boys. Except we know these aren't boys out there.

On Gordon thing, I like Gordon but if the price is right I don't think I would mind a trade. One things for sure this team is gonna need a major infusion of Offesive talent during the offseason though.

squicken

Love watching AD play, it's like watching a man among boys. Except we know these aren't boys out there.

On Gordon thing, I like Gordon but if the price is right I don't think I would mind a trade. One things for sure this team is gonna need a major infusion of Offesive talent during the offseason though.

Why trade a hard to find #1 WR for a pick you will need to use to get a hard to find #1 WR? Unless he is just a giant turd who isn't worth the trouble?

Why then extend Nelson and draft Cobb in the 2nd? Why not all UDFAs?
Hate to reign on ez's parade... actually I don't!

Jordy: top of 2nd round
Cobb: #32
James Jones: 3rd round
Greg Jennings: 2nd round
HoFinley (not a WR, but just because): 3rd round

Basically all the Packers' receiving threats under Ted have been "first day" picks, by the old meaning of the term. I might subscribe to ez's theory that WRs are cogs, except that I remember us wasting years of Favre's prime by making him throw to Antonio Freeman's corpse and "NFL Europe MVP" Bill Schroeder. Never again.

Pretty clear that a WR isn't worth a 1st rounder, though -- at least not for teams that scout the position well.

Godslay

Banned

I understand tanking, but seems like a bad move considering the real problem is a QB. So what happens when you get a guy that is decent? Who is he going to throw to outside of Cameron? Seems backwards to get rid of a guy that could help the guy you are certainly going to draft this year.

What do you think?

eznark

Banned

Basically all the Packers' receiving threats under Ted have been "first day" picks, by the old meaning of the term. I might subscribe to ez's theory that WRs are cogs, except that I remember us wasting years of Favre's prime by making him throw to Antonio Freeman's corpse and "NFL Europe MVP" Bill Schroeder. Never again.

Pretty clear that a WR isn't worth a 1st rounder, though -- at least not for teams that scout the position well.

How is this raining on my parade? If you give me a list of all the expensive vetetan wide outs TT has traded for or signed in free agency then I'd be wet.

Godslay

Banned

Interesting facts. Solid investment into that corp.

Why trade a hard to find #1 WR for a pick you will need to use to get a hard to find #1 WR? Unless he is just a giant turd who isn't worth the trouble?

I understand tanking, but seems like a bad move considering the real problem is a QB. So what happens when you get a guy that is decent? Who is he going to throw to outside of Cameron? Seems backwards to get rid of a guy that could help the guy you are certainly going to draft this year.

What do you think?
I'm not really saying I Want Gordon to be traded but I can understand the thinking of trading him. Of the last 3 years he's managed to find himself getting into trouble, and if history tells us anything there's a good chance it could happen again. But the next time it'll be a year ban. Again not saying I'm pushing to trade him, just that I can understand it. he does seem to be a rare talent though

Spinluck

BXHIZ3cCUAAJyFH.jpg

Has this been posted?

League thinks McAfee is juicing lol.

via Twitter @PatMcAfeeShow Guys... Make one random tackle... And end up on a "Random" steroid test.. Must be my bod #UpperBodyOfAnAdolescent

How is this raining on my parade? If you give me a list of all the expensive vetetan wide outs TT has traded for or signed in free agency then I'd be wet.
So we agree!

But I have no idea why you'd be so certain Ted wouldn't offer the Browns a 4th rounder for Gordon. Maybe a 3rd if they'd give up two 7ths to go with it: it'd be like Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom