• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most radio stations in GTA IV and V are too concerned with genre geek cred.

I could listen to all stations in VC and SA. The new ones just don't have the same universal appeal.
I'm not someone that's deep into music at the level I am into movies/gaming outside of maybe movie scores so whatever "geek" cred they are after is lost on me. I like a song, I listen to it. It's about as simple as that for me. I'm open to just about any kind of music except for country cause well..fuck country.

VC is my favorite of the bunch simply because I'm a child of the 80's and well it appeals.

crf.0_standard_709.0.gif

d[-_-]b;86928283 said:
Today's the day... :( right guys?

If Taco fatty lights up our defense with 10% of the playbook we won't win a game this yeah, this is the night my fellow Giants fan, for one week only we will be winners...

squicken

Kubiak cannot be serious about starting Schoob after the bye. I mean he can call him his QB or the King of France if he wants, but Keenum has to be the guy

BigAT

BBV tweeting Hankins is not active? Huh?

Yeah, he's inactive. I'm not really sure why, it's pretty stupid at this point not to be giving him snaps. Full inactive list for the Giants tonight:

RB Brandon Jacobs (hamstring)
RB David Wilson (neck)
CB Jayron Hosley (hamstring)
QB Ryan Nassib
S Cooper Taylor (shoulder)
TE Adrien Robinson (foot)
DT Johnathan Hankins

Milchjon

I'm not someone that's deep into music at the level I am into movies/gaming outside of maybe movie scores so whatever "geek" cred they are after is lost on me. I like a song, I listen to it. It's about as simple as that for me. I'm open to just about any kind of music except for country cause well..fuck country.

VC is my favorite of the bunch simply because I'm a child of the 80's and well it appeals.

Actually, the country station is the one I can listen to all the way through.

Driving cross country with that station on is just exquisite.

Vice City had god tier radio.

d[-_-]b

Banned
If Taco fatty lights up our defense with 10% of the playbook we won't win a game this yeah, this is the night my fellow Giants fan, for one week only we will be winners...

Lol wut? Vikings got Freeman, I don't know how to feel is this a good thing or a bad thing

Actually, the country station is the one I can listen to all the way through.

Driving cross country with that station on is just exquisite.

Vice City had god tier radio.
"Whiskey River" by Willie Nelson was stuck in my head for days at a time because of GTA V, and I tend to hate country!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God, ESPN guys still going on about Russell Wilson being "6-6 on the road", and then 5 minutes later they go "oh yeah, most of those losses were early last year".

Farooq

Banned
Giants GAF, Cowboys picked up Marvin Austin. Drafted in the second round, why didn't he pan out?

I read Marinelli spent some time with the Austin before he was drafted. Hopefully he can add some depth to Dallas' depleted D-line.

Hankins being inactive is fucking dumb. 0-6 team with a 2nd draft pick specifically chosen as a run stuffer playing against AP. Makes total sense to sit him being that he's played well when given the chance.

Giants GAF, Cowboys picked up Marvin Austin. Drafted in the second round, why didn't he pan out?

I read Marinelli spent some time with the Austin before he was drafted. Hopefully he can add some depth to Dallas' depleted D-line.

Injury prone and outside of one good hit ending Mark Sanchez' stint with the Jets in the preseason, he was invisible on the field. A 7th rounder (Marcus Kuhn) took playing time from him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yep saw that too. We suck so bad, we lost to the Colts on the road!
I really wouldn't care if they actually critiqued our team, like mentioning how thin and banged up our offensive line is, but that would require them to do more than talk out of their ass.

BigAT

Giants 7th-round draft pick Michael Cox (0 career carries) will be starting at RB tonight since Jacobs couldn't go.

I read Marinelli spent some time with the Austin. Hopefully he can add some depth to Dallas' depleted D-line.

Lots of injuries, maybe some motivational issues. He missed his entire rookie year with a torn pec. After that injury, he hadn't played a single snap of organized football in over two years, since he was ineligible his last year at UNC. At that point I think his chances of hitting his potential were over. He never really did anything after that and probably only hung around as long as he did because he was a second round pick.

Austin had like two tackles across two seasons tops. I'm surprised I heard his name more than even noticed him on the field. And yeah, injury-prone from what I heard.

Farooq

Banned
Injury prone and outside of one good hit ending Mark Sanchez' stint with the Jets in the preseason, he was invisible on the field. A 7th rounder (Marcus Kuhn) took playing time from him.

Lots of injuries, maybe some motivational issues. He missed his entire rookie year with a torn pec. After that injury, he hadn't played a single snap of organized football in over two years, since he was ineligible his last year at UNC. At that point I think his chances of hitting his potential were over. He never really did anything after that and probably only hung around as long as he did because he was a second round pick.

Thanks for the replies. I will temper my expectations.

ShaneB

Bah, stop complaining about a potential cold Super Bowl. I hope it's stormy as all hell and the field is coated white!

edit: Also, the Hawks are completely coasting until they play the Saints :( I never underestimate any team really, but come on! :(

Friend invited me out for a birthday/Halloween bar crawl Saturday night, but I have an obligation with my girlfriend at another party with her coworkers. They all went to MIAD, so it's going to be fucking hipster galore with disgusting PBR. SMH.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Bah, stop complaining about a potential cold Super Bowl. I hope it's stormy as all hell and the field is coated white!

edit: Also, the Hawks are completely coasting until they play the Saints :( I never underestimate any team really, but come on! :(
Consider it time to heal up and practice up. We even get a bye before the Saints game!

If it keeps lowering prices I'm so there!

ShaneB

Consider it time to heal up and practice up. We even get a bye before the Saints game!

Yeah, this is pretty much it. Given the massive injuries going on decimating some teams, the coasting schedule we have and the bye week in the middle of the season is terrific.

KaYotiX

Banned

I hope there is 3 feet of snow and ice

Colasante

Deacon Jones Award Contenders (Week 7)

1. Robert Mathis, Colts (11.5)
2. Justin Houston, Chiefs (10.0)
3. Mario Williams, Bills (10.0)
4. Tamba Hali, Chiefs (9.0)
5. Terrell Suggs, Ravens (8.0)

Bunch of olds outside of Houston.

Also...

7t. Chandler Jones, Patriots (6.5)

Go Pats!

WedgeX

Banned
Lady friend is off to Burma for two weeks, which means two weeks of video games and football alllll day (....when not working). So much for being social!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom