• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

That needs to be an avatar.:jnc

image.php
ooVLX24.png

Rough 30 second job. Didn't bother cleaning it up.

Rough day, bros. Wife and I had to put our seventeen year old cat to sleep today because of severe kidney failure. Even when you know it's coming it still sucks. Sorry to be a downer, just felt like venting a little.

That sucks man. Had to put my dog to sleep 2 years ago so I know how tough it is. Just remember the good times.

Dragon

Banned
Bruschi said on ESPN that Bill wanted to run up the score because he was upset the team got caught during spygate.

Bill has been fighting the perception that he is a cheater and he is still bitter about it.

Bruschi had more concussions during his career than Troy Aikman but okay yeah sure bro.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Rough day, bros. Wife and I had to put our seventeen year old cat to sleep today because of severe kidney failure. Even when you know it's coming it still sucks. Sorry to be a downer, just felt like venting a little.

We may be enemies in the week to come, but this really sucks! Sorry to hear about that. We buried our family cat outside in the flower bed because she used to sit in the sunbeams under that window all day. Figured it was only fitting for her to continue to do that.

Sorry to hear that, I had to put down my cat because of aids a few months ago, so I know how it feels :( Are you getting another cat?

Fox318

Torn ACL Count: 38
  • LB Victor Butler (NO)
  • OL Dan Koppen (DEN)
  • DE Melvin Ingram (SD)
  • DE Greg Scruggs (SEA)
  • CB Aaron Berry (NYJ)
  • LB Jonas Mouton (SD)
  • WR Jeremy Maclin (PHI)
  • WR Armon Binns (MIA)
  • LB Darius Fleming (SF)
  • LB Jason Phillips (PHI)
  • FB Mike Zordich (CAR)
  • OL Bryan Bulaga (GB)
  • CB Chris Culliver (SF)
  • WR Arrelious Benn (PHI)
  • WR Danario Alexander (SD)
  • WR Joseph Morgan (NO)
  • WR Vidal Hazleton (NYJ)
  • DE Phillip Hunt (PHI)
  • WR Keolah Pilares (CAR)
  • WR Kevin Elliott (BUF)
  • TE Dustin Keller (MIA)
  • CB Richard Crawford (WAS)
  • DE Will Smith (NO)
  • FS Stevie Brown (NYG)
  • OL Maurkice Pouncey (PIT)
  • RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (PIT)
  • OL Garry Williams (CAR)
  • DT Henry Melton (CHI)
  • RB Vick Ballard (IND)
  • DT Nate Collins (CHI)
  • OL Amini Silatolu (CAR)
  • QB Brian Hoyer (CLE)
  • LB Bryan Kehl (WAS)
  • WR Charles Johnson (CLE)
  • RB Mike Goodson (NYJ)
  • LB Desmond Bishop (MIN)
  • QB Sam Bradford (STL)
  • WR Reggie Wayne (IND)

Thanks guys.

Sorry to hear that, I had to put down my cat because of aids a few months ago, so I know how it feels :( Are you getting another cat?
We've got another one and a dog so I think we'll stick with them, at least for now. Sorry to hear about your cat too. This ones name was Snoopy, he was a siamese that literally purred every time you touched him. Poor thing was even purring at the vet when my wife told him bye.

Trey

Think of how safe and content that cat's life was under your care. It sucks to lose a friend, but you gave a close friend the best life possible.

Thanks guys.

We've got another one and a dog so I think we'll stick with them, at least for now. Sorry to hear about your cat too. This ones name was Snoopy, he was a siamese that literally purred every time you touched him. Poor thing was even purring at the vet when my wife told him bye.

Oh...poor kitty :(, I couldn't be there when they took my cat (Tommy) since he was at my moms house and she lives 3 hours away, but I would have cried my eyes out if I had to be the one to take him.

exarkun

damn man, sorry about that. Losing a pet that you've had that long is a bit like losing a family member. Ive had to put down a pet dog of 12 years. Hard man. Don't rush to get a new friend, and cherish the pictures!

KaYotiX

Banned
Saw this on packers.com and want to get some feelings about it from you guys. Im not sure what to think about his "solution" but it would stop some of the huge collisions in the middle of the field, but would it change the way the game is played too much?

Kumar from San Antonio, TX

Vic, long time reader here. After seeing the hit on Jermichael Finley, I can’t help but think we need to do more about player safety. There must be an alternative that protects players from freak accidents and deters them from hitting the way they do now.

Vic Response--

The safeties must be removed from the deep middle of the field. They have to be repositioned because it is the hang-back, run-up hit that is threatening the future of the game. My suggestion has been and continues to be a rule that requires all defensive players to be within at least 10 yards of the line of scrimmage at the snap of the ball. Why? Because we have to get the safeties turning and running with the receivers, instead of hanging back and waiting for the receiver to arrive at the collision point. This simple change, in my opinion, might be a game changer. It would eliminate the Jermichael Finley-type injuries.

cajunator

Banned
Torn ACL Count: 38
  • LB Victor Butler (NO)
  • OL Dan Koppen (DEN)
  • DE Melvin Ingram (SD)
  • DE Greg Scruggs (SEA)
  • CB Aaron Berry (NYJ)
  • LB Jonas Mouton (SD)
  • WR Jeremy Maclin (PHI)
  • WR Armon Binns (MIA)
  • LB Darius Fleming (SF)
  • LB Jason Phillips (PHI)
  • FB Mike Zordich (CAR)
  • OL Bryan Bulaga (GB)
  • CB Chris Culliver (SF)
  • WR Arrelious Benn (PHI)
  • WR Danario Alexander (SD)
  • WR Joseph Morgan (NO)
  • WR Vidal Hazleton (NYJ)
  • DE Phillip Hunt (PHI)
  • WR Keolah Pilares (CAR)
  • WR Kevin Elliott (BUF)
  • TE Dustin Keller (MIA)
  • CB Richard Crawford (WAS)
  • DE Will Smith (NO)
  • FS Stevie Brown (NYG)
  • OL Maurkice Pouncey (PIT)
  • RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (PIT)
  • OL Garry Williams (CAR)
  • DT Henry Melton (CHI)
  • RB Vick Ballard (IND)
  • DT Nate Collins (CHI)
  • OL Amini Silatolu (CAR)
  • QB Brian Hoyer (CLE)
  • LB Bryan Kehl (WAS)
  • WR Charles Johnson (CLE)
  • RB Mike Goodson (NYJ)
  • LB Desmond Bishop (MIN)
  • QB Sam Bradford (STL)
  • WR Reggie Wayne (IND)

This will happen even more as high hits are penalized more and more.
Players will go low and take out peoples knees, Pollard style.

Saw this on packers.com and want to get some feelings about it from you guys. Im not sure what to think about his "solution" but it would stop some of the huge collisions in the middle of the field, but would it change the way the game is played too much?

Vic, long time reader here. After seeing the hit on Jermichael Finley, I can’t help but think we need to do more about player safety. There must be an alternative that protects players from freak accidents and deters them from hitting the way they do now.

Vic Response--

The safeties must be removed from the deep middle of the field. They have to be repositioned because it is the hang-back, run-up hit that is threatening the future of the game. My suggestion has been and continues to be a rule that requires all defensive players to be within at least 10 yards of the line of scrimmage at the snap of the ball. Why? Because we have to get the safeties turning and running with the receivers, instead of hanging back and waiting for the receiver to arrive at the collision point. This simple change, in my opinion, might be a game changer. It would eliminate the Jermichael Finley-type injuries.

Goodell would love it. Let's do it!

Totally forgot about Bulaga. God damn Ted Thompson is a wizard.

He really is. Our team just ran through the Browns with half our team injured. It's just not rational how he does it... its gotta be magic. Yes, Rodgers is amazing yadda yadda, but these backups are just filling in and making plays like it's nothing.

eznark

Banned

Vic Response--

That would certainly be a game changer.

Spinluck

Sorry man. Worst part of owning a pet is when this day has to come. :-(

Guess we'll just have to live with Peyton's noodle arm. Woe is me.

Lol, you guys are fine. At least you didn't lose your best WR :'(

Sorry to hear bro. Hard to lose a family member like that.

Slightly related, but how do they diagnose something like that?

Vic Response--

Of course the Packers dude wants no safety help over the top.

The Solution is for the players to keep their head up. Same with Hockey.

Trey

I would say the latent, inherent "mini" concussions are what's really threatening the game. To say that the mere act of playing football carries that kind of risk is a lot more insidious than such things only occurring during colossal hits.

KaYotiX

Banned
Of course the Packers dude wants no safety help over the top.

The Solution is for the players to keep their head up. Same with Hockey.

Yeah I agree with players keeping heads up, too many guys drop it when about to get hit.

and cant wait to see Freeman play tonight lol. Going to be a shit fest on all sides with these 2 teams!!!

RELEASE THE TACO BELL!!!!

JABEE

That sometimes when you have a player saying he was touched by god and that no one can cover him and that Philly already has their parade route planned can fire up the other team and they play with no passion.

Trust me I think of what could have been all the time if it wasn't for helmet catch. Its a game and things happen.

The Patriots ACTIVELY cheated their way to the Super Bowl. I won't even say the Eagles deserved to win.

I feel sorry for all the other teams the despicable Patriots franchise robbed of a chance at the title game.

It wasn't chance. Their cheating should be something condemned on the level of the Black Sox. Too bad we have a commissioner that is more worried about lining his pockets than to take a stand against injustice.

No one wants to throw out a dynasty and a decade of football. Let's just pretend Sammy and Mark were hitting those home runs with cracker jacks and beer.

Saying that the Patriot's cheating had no impact on the games that they played in, the close games that they played in, is an insult to the intelligence of all of these great fans here on this message board.

The Patriots are a scourge on a league that is interested in promoting justice; a boon for a league interested in wealth acquisition and loose ethical standards.

Robert Kraft, Paul Tagliabue, Roger Goodell, Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Drew Bledsoe should be ashamed of themselves.

They are all accomplices in this gross example of corruption and excess.

Milchjon

The Patriots ACTIVELY cheated their way to the Super Bowl. I won't even say the Eagles deserved to win.

I feel sorry for all the other teams the despicable Patriots franchise robbed of a chance at the title game.

It wasn't chance. Their cheating should be something condemned on the level of the Black Sox. Too bad we have a commissioner that is more worried about lining his pockets than to take a stand against injustice.

No one wants to throw out a dynasty and a decade of football. Let's just pretend Sammy and Mark were hitting those home runs with cracker jacks and beer.

Saying that the Patriot's cheating had no impact on the games that they played in, the close games that they played in, is an insult to the intelligence of all of these great fans here on this message board.

The Patriots are a scourge on a league that is interested in promoting justice; a boon for a league interested in wealth acquisition and loose ethical standards.

Robert Kraft, Paul Tagliabue, Roger Goodell, Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Drew Bledsoe should be ashamed of themselves.

So it was sarcasm.

Wasn't sure until that line.

:p

*pats head*

Milchjon

Most radio stations in GTA IV and V are too concerned with genre geek cred.

I could listen to all stations in VC and SA. The new ones just don't have the same universal appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom