• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

NYCFC is set to open with a partnership between the Yankees and Manchester City F.C.

The Red Bulls play in NJ, their stadium is fantastic.

I just know there were soccer games all the time when I was living in the Meadowlands temporarily. Was out there when the new football stadium was being constructed.

Always was kind of upset that I never got to head to any games or anything. They were in walking distance from where I was staying.

Godslay

Banned
I'm not really saying I Want Gordon to be traded but I can understand the thinking of trading him. Of the last 3 years he's managed to find himself getting into trouble, and if history tells us anything there's a good chance it could happen again. But the next time it'll be a year ban. Again not saying I'm pushing to trade him, just that I can understand it. he does seem tone a rare talent though

I gotcha. Make sense. Who's your guy for QB in the draft right now?

ShaneB

Oh god Keyshawn with that conviction in his pick.
KuGsj.gif
Oh jeez, they're all having a lark. lol

I'm sticking with my Giants pick. 34-26.

eznark

Banned
So we agree!

But I have no idea why you'd be so certain Ted wouldn't offer the Browns a 4th rounder for Gordon. Maybe a 3rd if they'd give up two 7ths to go with it: it'd be like Christmas!

He is too smart to waste the processing power on that. Plus, Gordon isn't a good fit.

I have no idea why Denver insists on dividing carries among their RBs. Moreno is far and away their best RB and he should be getting 90% plus of the snaps/carries.

I gotcha. Make sense. Who's your guy for QB in the draft right now?
I like a couple guys in no specific order
Teddy
Boyd- still like him despite Saturdays game
Mariota
Manziel- him taking hits kinda worries me though
Stephen Morris - still want to see more
From him
Hundley- but I doubt he'll declare
Keith price - he's interesting to me
Jimmy garoppolo - haven't seen him play yet, but his hypes building. And Browns radio has been talking about him too.
Suzy doesn't even get her own vote.
You love her, I'll join the bandwagon too.

I think the special guys like Julio, Dez and obviously Megatron are worth firsts. But not players like Tavon Austin
Julio, Megatron, Fitz, Andre. But for every one of those guys there's somebody who comes up short -- and a dominant pass rusher or space hogger or left tackle is worth so much more in wins than the chance of having Megatron on your team.

Save the WR jonesing for the 2nd round!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think the special guys like Julio, Dez and obviously Megatron are worth firsts. But not players like Tavon Austin

How has Tavon been thus far? His stats arent impressive but I would wager thats because defense really only focus on him and no one else.

I still wish the Lions would have drafted him with the #5 instead of Ziggy Ansah. Hopefully Im proven wrong, but you could plug my 25 year old out of shape ass with Suh and Fairley and I could get pressure on the QB.

Tavon would`ve been great with Megatron and Reggie Bush.

eznark

Banned

I don't, because the risk is too high. For ever Megatron you get a half dozen David Terrell's, Freddie Mitchell's and Ashley Lelie's. Not to mention the forty wide receivers Millen took a chance on before hitting Megatron.

Plus, you don't need that type of receiver to be successful in the NFL. New Orleans, New England, Denver, New York Giants, Packers, etc. all prove that an offense that uses multiple targets is significantly more sustainable than chuck-to-God-and-Pray.

Draft offensive lineman, tight ends and front seven defenders and nothing else. Quarterback potentially depending on the make up of the league, but not in the top half.

Boose

How has Tavon been thus far? His stats arent impressive but I would wager thats because defense really only focus on him and no one else.

I still wish the Lions would have drafted him with the #5 instead of Ziggy Ansah. Hopefully Im proven wrong, but you could plug my 25 year old out of shape ass with Suh and Fairley and I could get pressure on the QB.

Me and Squicken might have differing opinions on this.
I believe Tavon has been a good pick maybe not top 10 good (yet) but good for a first rounder. His drops have worried me a bit, but his other stats would look great if not for penalties on every big play he has had (receiving and returning).

eznark

Banned
Me and Squicken might have differing opinions on this.
I believe Tavon has been a good pick maybe not top 10 good (yet) but good for a first rounder. His drops have worried me a bit, but his other stats would look great if not for penalties on every big play he has had (receiving and returning).

So you mean he is able to make plays as long as his teammates are holding defenders for him?

Special talent.

So we agree!

But I have no idea why you'd be so certain Ted wouldn't offer the Browns a 4th rounder for Gordon. Maybe a 3rd if they'd give up two 7ths to go with it: it'd be like Christmas!

I'm on your page Elf. Said it last week. I think Ted would offer a 4th no question. He appreciates value and that'd be good value there. Who knows if the Browns offer it though

squicken

He is small. When hit, he will fumble more often than others. If he is hit in process of the catch, he drops it. You have to get him in space, but that is such a conditional usage scenario that it isn't worth a #1

Godslay

Banned
I like a couple guys in no specific order
Teddy
Boyd- still like him despite Saturdays game
Mariota
Manziel- him taking hits kinda worries me though
Stephen Morris - still want to see more
From him
Hundley- but I doubt he'll declare
Keith price - he's interesting to me
Jimmy garoppolo - haven't seen him play yet, but his hypes building. And Browns radio has been talking about him too.

Well, it looks less anemic then last year. Might finally luck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom