• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame Manning at all. That's exactly my point and what Irsay was trying to say. He was saying that Bill Polian didn't build a well-rounded team and that they relied too much on the offense.

But what is he really trying to say? The Colts WOULD have spent more on defense if they had money to spend. Most of it was tied up in offense which given the talent on the roster (Harrison, Edge/Addai, Wayne, Clark) most anybody would do again. What else would they have done? Let Wayne go? Waive Clark?

They let Marvin and Edge both walk due to age or salary considerations. They tried to pay Sanders, Brackett and Bethea, their defensive stars during that tmie. Sometime it worked out (in 2005 regular season and in the 2006 playoffs), but a lot of time it didn't. Sometimes you just need luck.

What do you think will happen when Luck's rookie contract ends? He's gonna start demanding a lot more money too and the scale will start to tip in the offenses favor in terms of the share of the salary cap. I doubt TY Hilton is going to keep playing for peanuts, and Wayne still has his contract unless he gets waived. How long until the new, 'balanced' Colts team becomes unbalanced again? Every team with a top-tier QB is facing the same issue. Skimp somewhere and hope you make some magic during a playoff run, be it on an underpaid offense or underpaid defense.

Spinluck

But what is he really trying to say? The Colts WOULD have spent more on defense if they had money to spend. Most of it was tied up in offense which given the talent on the roster (Harrison, Edge/Addai, Wayne, Clark) most anybody would do again. What else would they have done? Let Wayne go? Waive Clark?

They let Marvin and Edge both walk due to age or salary considerations. They tried to pay Sanders, Brackett and Bethea. Sometime it worked out (in 2005 and in the 2006 playoffs), but a lot of time it didn't. Sometimes you just need luck.

What do you think will happen when Luck's rookie contract ends? He's gonna start demanding a lot more money too and the scale will start to tip in the offenses favor in terms of the share of the salary cap. I doubt TY Hilton is going to keep playing for peanuts, and Wayne still has his contract unless he gets waived. How long until the new, 'balanced' Colts team becomes unbalanced again? Every team with a top-tier QB is facing the same issue. Skimp somewhere and hope you make some magic during a playoff run, be it on offense or defense.

Both Irsay and Polian are responsible for drafting a bunch of bust, and never addressing the teams needs all these years.

effzee

There's only one possible conclusion to the Eagles/Reid thing. Small hands >>>>>> Vick/Foles

Or that KC's D is one of the best in the league and the Eagles D is just laughably bad. Oh btw he didn't build KC's D but he did ruin the Eagles D over the past 5 years.

I do give credit to Alex Smith but lets not compare what Reid is doing with Alex to what he tried to do with McNabb, Kolb, Vick, and Foles. With the Eagles he knew he had the weapons but never used them properly. He recognizes the limitations of Alex Smith and using him properly. He only did that in the beginning with the Eagles and during the Garcia run.

Didn't Shady and Jackson miss several games last year?

Yup. As did Vick and all of the OLINE. But the Eagles O had the same problems in 2011-2012 also.

If ever you purposely avoid running the ball even though your strength and best player is the RB, then you can't and won't win many games with a QB as beat up as Vick.

This year's Giants seem like the Eagles of the past 2 seasons where almost every unit of the team was terrible all at once. Be it injuries, age, or just depleted talent, the Giants seem to suck at running the ball, OLINE issues, terrible LBs, bad D, and turnovers galore as a result by Eli. Same thing with the Eagles last year. Its funny how similar it is.

Both Irsay and Polian are responsible for drafting a bunch of bust, and never addressing the teams needs all these years.

Naturally. Grigson seems to be doing a decent job so far, though it still looks like the run D is still an issue. At least pass D on the Colts seems to be pretty good, but the Colts had years when they had statistically good pass D's as well (though probably skewed because everyone just ran all over them).

I'm still flabberghasted on how Tim Jennings turned into an INT machine. He was an absolute liability on the Colts. Dunno what changed so much since both the Colts and Bears play(ed) Tampa 2/Cover 2/3.

They let Marvin and Edge both walk due to age or salary considerations. They tried to pay Sanders, Brackett and Bethea, their defensive stars during that tmie. Sometime it worked out (in 2005 regular season and in the 2006 playoffs), but a lot of time it didn't. Sometimes you just need luck.

What do you think will happen when Luck's rookie contract ends? He's gonna start demanding a lot more money too and the scale will start to tip in the offenses favor in terms of the share of the salary cap. I doubt TY Hilton is going to keep playing for peanuts, and Wayne still has his contract unless he gets waived. How long until the new, 'balanced' Colts team becomes unbalanced again? Every team with a top-tier QB is facing the same issue. Skimp somewhere and hope you make some magic during a playoff run, be it on an underpaid offense or underpaid defense.

No. It's pinning your hopes on the likes of Tyjuan Hagler, Freddy Keiaho, Melvin Bullitt, Kelvin Hayden, and Jerraud Powers.

No. It's pinning your hopes on the likes of Tyjuan Hagler, Freddy Keiaho, Melvin Bullitt, Kelvin Hayden, and Jerraud Powers.

Well Bullitt had his moments when Sanders went out (again) and then he subsequently got injured. Both Hayden/Powers at some points looked like they would be solid corners.

Sad they let Raheem Brock go. I still don't remember why they never signed Booger McFarland after the championship run? He was an absolute terror at DT.

Didn't Shady and Jackson miss several games last year?

And Maclin has missed the whole year this year. Go back to 2011, the dream team year, the offense was healthy that whole season and didnt come close to this, or 2012 when again the offense was healthy and they still were not even close to this. I have no idea if Chip will be a good head coach but it is clear that he already knows waaaaaaaaaaaay more about offense then Reid or Marty did.

Well Bullitt had his moments when Sanders went out (again) and then he subsequently got injured. Both Hayden/Powers at some points looked like they would be solid corners.

Sad they let Raheem Brock go. I still don't remember why they never signed Booger McFarland after the championship run? He was an absolute terror at DT.

I just don't think it's a good policy to build your roster in the off season, then come back after the post season and say, "Wow! That talented but injury prone guy ended up not coming through for us... again!". And they legitimately had 5 or 6 of those guys.

Narag

Naturally. Grigson seems to be doing a decent job so far, though it still looks like the run D is still an issue. At least pass D on the Colts seems to be pretty good, but the Colts had years when they had statistically good pass D's as well (though probably skewed because everyone just ran all over them).

I'm still flabberghasted on how Tim Jennings turned into an INT machine. He was an absolute liability on the Colts. Dunno what changed so much since both the Colts and Bears play(ed) Tampa 2/Cover 2/3.

That's the worst feeling to watch ex Colts flourish on other defenses!

Why did the Pats run it 6 times in a row in the redzone?

Well the last run on the third down seemed like a different play and probably Brady called it wrong? McD doesn't seem too happy after it, looked like he wanted something different.

I don't know, or he's just trying to get too cute there.

I wonder why he hasnt been posting from his alt account lately?

9shJWcc.gif

brentech

More Packers injury updates, this time on the PUP list players.

Sherrod back, but Worthy, Richardson and Tretter on hold

Sherrod testing himself out in practice. Worthy ready, but we have a healthy line and they don't want use up a roster spot because of it.

Tretter not healthy enough to do anything yet, and Richardson needs a clearing from the team after spinal injury. His doctor apparently cleared him.

Ugh we are terrible enough on Sundays I can't imagine how bad we will be on a Thursday night.
There's no way Carson throws less than 2 picks today, I just can't see it.

MechDX

xNFT2Fv.png

Poll on Americas favorite NFL team. Funny how the Broncos jump from 17 two years ago to 3 now.

Cowboys still at #1.....I don't want to live in this country anymore.

LevelNth

Banned
Just put in a teaser parlay bet for tonight and this weekend as my final bet ever on football, account has already been locked at my request.

Feels so good actually, betting has been getting progressively less and less fun for me the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom